NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
I think homebrewworld lives in Sydney.

9 starters so far, now to decide what to brew!

Also, are we going to have a recipe book along with the case??
I dont think it would be too much trouble for everyone to include a few photocopies of their recipe in with their beers. Otherwise we could just publish our recipes in this thread?
I am just suggesting this as i know i would find it useful to have a copy (in case i wanted to make something similar!).

homebrewworld is in the Shire I believe.
Pint of Lager is in Bathurst, so that won't be a central point :lol:

I think including recipes is a great idea.
A label contest could be an idea too. Get to show your creativity :p

Beers,
Doc

Stuster said:
By my reckoning we have 9 so far.

Sydney
Tim
Hopsta
Duff
Doc
Stuster
KoNG

Newcastle
Gough
Weizguy

Unknown
Homebrewworld
Pint of Lager
[post="63813"][/post]​

Well, seeing as there is more than 6 already, I'm adding my name here to hopefully make a 12-pack of brewers.

Just add my name beneath Gough, if U please.

Am I allowed to think of this as "fun"? I'll try and stick to one of my faithful brews, rather than a new recipe, if that's OK. That way no one gets a nasty surprise.

Anyone keen for a Berliner Weisse, or 2?

Seth :p

Yep, I'll be in. I've only done 5 a/g brews and have never tried any other a/g, so it will be good to see how my brews compare. I'm in Sydney - near Penrith.

cheers
nifty

Weizguy said:
Am I allowed to think of this as "fun"? I'll try and stick to one of my faithful brews, rather than a new recipe, if that's OK. That way no one gets a nasty surprise.

Anyone keen for a Berliner Weisse, or 2?

Seth :p
[post="63838"][/post]​

Good to see you joined in there Weiz. I thought you might. What about one of those magic 3 day old Porters of yours :beerbang:

Thought I might go for a Kolsch or an Amarillo APA. See how we go...

Shawn.

ok.. so we have

SYDNEY (8)
Tim
Hopsta
Duff
Doc
Stuster
KoNG
Nifty
Homebrewworld

NEWCASTLE (2)
Gough
Weizguy

BATHURST (1)
Pint of Lager

What is the exact closing date for the beers to be ready. I would presume October-November. If thats the case count me in.

I hope your not putting the cream ale in Doc. Cause this is the only AG brew that i can guarantee i will be making. No pressure......

Will

just a small point,
guys i'm not AG yet, just dont have the space or my own place...
is that OK.... or does it have to be AG.?? i will be able to provide a partial though albiet in my early stages.

I don't think it matters.

I only just mentioned it as i'm taking the step to only do AG brews in the future. yay.

Will

As far as I'm concerned it should definitely be allcomers, regardless of method. Everyone just put in a beer they are happy with, however it may be brewed, and a recipe to go with it. That is how I understood it anyway...

Shawn.

Gough said:
As far as I'm concerned it should definitely be allcomers, regardless of method. Everyone just put in a beer they are happy with, however it may be brewed, and a recipe to go with it. That is how I understood it anyway...

Shawn.
[post="63872"][/post]​

Yep, it is open to all comers, regardless of brewing method. Just enter something you are proud of making.

kungy said:
What is the exact closing date for the beers to be ready. I would presume October-November. If thats the case count me in.

I hope your not putting the cream ale in Doc. Cause this is the only AG brew that i can guarantee i will be making. No pressure......

Will
[post="63862"][/post]​

I imagine we would have the closing date near the end of November in order to give enough time to get the packs assembled and out before the Xmas silly season.

And it won't be a Cream Ale that I'll be entering. It will probably be a super hoppy IPA or a Dubbel or a Saison.

Beers,
Doc

Gough said:

Shawn.
[post="63872"][/post]​

Nice.... farmland kit and kilo at 28degC. :p
in exchange for a case of AG pearlers, going to be a great chrissy.. :chug:

joking of course, i'm already looking into upgrading just so i can produce my best possible.. gunna be fun.!

I'm only a partial mash brewer myself, but i'll make it a big partial! i keep good records of all the brews i make so i'll try and replicate ne of the best ones i've done. This is a great idea, none of my mates brew (although they enjoy drinking my kegs dry) so it'll be good to compare with other brewers for once!

Ill get into the case if theres still space. Or are we now on teh way to another 12 brewers for a second case?
Im out near windsor, but gf lives up at lemon tree passage. So do plenty of trips through newcastle if i need to drop off up there.

Sounding good, bring it on!

Sorry i had'nt responded earlier but i have been brewing all day long !
Yep, I am in Sydney ( The Shire of course ') in Kurnell. and recipes with the beers is a great idea, i'll print off Promash.
Long-necks or Stubbies , im happy either way. But my preferance is for Long-necks , im the same as Doc, i have em in stock !
Im happy to be a drop off point etc (Kurnell a bit out of the way) but lets see what we can come up with !
Cheers

After being part of the South Australian Xmas case last year, I can whole heartedly say it is a lot of fun.

Open to all comers, just brew the best beer you can that you are proud of.

My suggestion is stubbies. This means you can have two cracks at the beers. You can then allow the second stubby to quietly settle after it's traumatic journey, and still have a crack at some as soon as you get the case. If you don't have stubbies, it is time to go down to the local bottlo, and buy a few fancy six packs for sampling purposes.

Whoever volunteers as the central point, you will need somewhere to store and sort at least 12 cases of beer. And then nominate a day for people to come drop and swap

I am keen for this but am not keen on parting with 24 or 48 of my prize crown seal longy's not knowing what I will get in return (ie. thin crappy twist tops). As on the SA thread I would be interested in the PET's for the deal even though I don't normally use them and would also consider stubbies (freely available from mega awilling mates). I have a bucket load of green 330's that I have been given but i only use for ginger beer so I would be willing to part with those no probs. Anyone elses thoughts on this? Again I agree with Kai on the SA thread with regard to using JS bottles, I'm not going out and buying a case just for the cause.

But I am still keen.

Borret

PET bottles a lighter and stronger and if you have to buy some then you can keep them just for the Xmas swap and know that you are going to get the same bottle back. I also have some nice long necks, that I get new from LHBS 645ml crown top bottles and at $1.20 each IIRC and I would be reluctant to give away to get a crap twist top bottle.
But on that point, I will not be involved this year as I have only done a couple of brews and would be embarassed to enter anything that I called quality until I have more experienced.

Count me in too

I do bottle in 750ml twist tops with no dramas, but I do have a Barley wine thats in JS stubbies.

macr, get Gough and Weiz round for a taste and jump in with the best you've got

Back