NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
shmick said:
If you're still trying to make up the numbers you can count me in.
I'm 1/2 way between Sydney & Newcastle but would prefer a Newcastle pick-up. :beer:
[post="68779"][/post]​

Schmick,

Maybe we can correlate, I work on the central coast.

Borret

[/quote]

Schmick,

Borret
[post="68781"][/post]​
[/quote]

Im at Hornsby. If that is in anyway important :blink: which perhaps it isnt.

Doc Im in Bexley in Sydney. Just noticed that that you had me under uknown. Just another quick question. What date are we aiming for to have the beer ready?
cheers
Beer Slayer

Borret said:
shmick said:
If you're still trying to make up the numbers you can count me in.
I'm 1/2 way between Sydney & Newcastle but would prefer a Newcastle pick-up. :beer:
[post="68779"][/post]​

Schmick,

Borret
[post="68781"][/post]​

I'm the other way inclined :eek: - I work in Newcastle.
Probably pass each other on the freeway every day. Maybe if you drive the entire way home beeping your horn and flashing your lights I might spot you ;)

We are sitting on 22 participants.
Here is the tally.

SYDNEY (16)
Tim
Hopsta
Duff
Doc
Stuster
KoNG
Nifty
Homebrewworld
Kungy
Berto
Linz
Redbeard
Beer Slayer
Stickler
PostModern
Quincy

NEWCASTLE/Central Coast (4)
Gough
Weizguy
Borret
Shmick

BATHURST (1)
Pint of Lager

Unknown (1)
Jase

Has anyone already brewed their entry, or decided definitely so we can also start recording the brews we are expecting ?

Beers,
Doc

I will be most likely doing that cream ale (the recipe you gave me doc), which i have done one batch so far. With so many partcipants it seems i will need to do another batch in a little while to cover all. So i assume we're doing beer for all, not dividing the participants into team A and B? Whatever is fine?

Will

Kungy,

We will be looking at a long neck (750ml) each.
So if we have 24 participants you'll be having to do a 18+ litre brew to cover it.

Beers,
Doc

Well I'll be first in and nom myself for an IPA style brew, brewing in a week or so

Jase is local to me Doc

Count me in
I have only just found this thread, and therefore havent read the whole thing (in a bit of a hurry), but I will definitely like to be a part of this whole thing. The only other brewers beers I have tried were Goughs, and they were really good, so I would like to expand my scope of what everyone else is doing. I would be happy to put in a porter, or a brown ale, or whatever is required really. I'll be back in Sept, and will put one down then.
All the best
Trent

I'll be putting in an Australian(ish) Strong Ale.
AG, bottle conditioned, 30 EBC, 40 IBUs.
Enough info?

I will be brewing both a Vienna lager and Oktoberfest. Whichever works out the best will go in the case.

I haven't really decided yet but it will be a kit and bits kind of thing. I was thinking along the lines of a nice dark portery/fuggly brew.

I am tossing up between a mild, bitter or aussie pale ale.
I will have to decide quickly!

I'd like to jump on board if OK?

It'll be either my 1st or 2nd AG.

Style to be confirmed soon.

Participation is now closed for the NSW AHB Xmas Case. We are sitting on 24 brewers which will give us a great opportunity to try some different beers.

Here is the tally.

SYDNEY (17)
Tim
Hopsta
Duff
Doc
Stuster
KoNG
Nifty
Homebrewworld
Kungy
Berto
Linz
Redbeard
Beer Slayer
Stickler
PostModern
Quincy
am

NEWCASTLE/Central Coast (5)
Gough
Weizguy
Borret
Shmick
Trent

BATHURST (1)
Pint of Lager

Unknown (1)
Jase

Beers,
Doc

Update:

I brewed a Fly-Blown Belgian today, and pitched with some Saf S-33 (Belgian wheat/ Trappist dry yeast).

If it comes out OK, is anyone keen for this in the Xmas case?
Otherwise I am good to go on a Weizen or Wit.

Feedback?

:beerbang:

when u say fly-blown, i take it u didnt have a cover on the mashtun ??
:)
im sure anything u front up for the xmas case will be ok weizguy.

myself, having only a few ag's under my belt, is torn between the possibility of an ag drain cleaner or a more prospective mini mash or even the ever reliable coopers kit (yes, i still have a couple in the cupboard) ...

do we have a date for the drop off ? (just so i can leave brewing till the last minute :)

redbeard,

whatever U want to brew will be fine. You can always make a heap of batches of lots of styles, and then choose your fave, and keep the leftovers for your own Christmas party.
Beware of out-of-date kits. The flavour suffers greatly.

The Fly-blown Belgian is courtesy of TDA and is a Leffe Blonde clone, for your information.

Seth out :p

How about one of your sour wheat/weizen beers Weizguy ?

I'll be brewing my xmas case beer this weekend. Still haven't decided on what yet, but will do in the next day or so as I'll need to get the yeast starter going. It will be either a Saison, Dubbel or Oktoberfest I think.

Beers,
Doc

Doc,

I'm keen to make a sour weisse, but was concerned that others may feel cheated, as it's a low alc beer (due to grain bill and lactic fermentation competing with alcoholic fermentation).

Who's up for a longneck of light? (albeit light in alcohol, but not in flavour)
It's definitely a beer that will challenge the tastebuds. :blink:

Seth out

Latest posts

Back