NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
Sounds good weiz.....
go for it, i'd be more than happy to drink a sour light.

Weizguy said:
Who's up for a longneck of light? (albeit light in alcohol, but not in flavour)
It's definitely a beer that will challenge the tastebuds. :blink:
[post="74241"][/post]​

sounds good to me. a few tasty lights might earn some badly needed brownie points around xmas :D

Looks like i'll need to brew again. The Cream Ale recipe i made turned out a treat with the exception of the yeast. Nottinghams yeast never again.

The yeast has contributed to a slightly tart taste. Tastes exactly the same with a ESB APA Wort kit made with nottinghams. Not an infection as its not getting worse. So it'll be a a Amarillo APA with 1056, an ESB with WLP005 or the same cream ale with 1056. Annoying that something apparently so neutral, can contribute so much.

Damn another batch of beer to fill my cuboards again.

Will

Gees,

I must be ahead of the crowd...Mines been down for over a week now. going to rack to clear next weekend

Go for it Weizeguy. Bring on the Sour Light.
Variety is what it is all about and experiencing new beers.
I still haven't decided what to brew, but the yeast stir plate growler is sterilizing overnight, so will need to confirm my decision by the time I get home tomorrow to get out the right yeast for the starter.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Go for it Weizeguy. Bring on the Sour Light.
Variety is what it is all about and experiencing new beers.
I still haven't decided what to brew, but the yeast stir plate growler is sterilizing overnight, so will need to confirm my decision by the time I get home tomorrow to get out the right yeast for the starter.

Beers,
Doc
[post="74351"][/post]​

How close does your Arrogant Bast@rd go???

That would be nice :party:

I can tell you from experience that Wiez's AB clone wasnt far off the mark at all. tasting them side by side, it was a little sweeter than the real thing, I guess cause some DME was used in it, but if it was all grain, it would be just about spot on. Maybe I need to get the recipe off you Seth? Wouldnt be a bad addition at all to the xmas case, but I also tried his Berliner Wiesse, and that was top notch aswell, so we win either way
All the best
Trent

I was wondering about Doc's AB clone??

Mine was more hoppy that the real one Linz.
And I like my one better :lol:

Doc

Oops :huh:
Maybe I need to read better before I add replies...
T

After much brain racking of what I should brew for the Xmas Case (which will also be may maiden AG brew) i've decided on an Australian Golden Ale which I found a recipe for.

Hopefully will be a good summer quaffing beer! :chug: B)

To be brewed on Sunday 18-Sep

Edit: Brew date

Hi, Guys. Just wanting to bump this up to the top.

So is it decided upon 24 longnecks. I am putting a hypothetical out as well. I currently don't have enough beers in longnecks, i however a stack in 640 bottles. I plan to take care of this shortfall with a AG brew in the coming weeks, however i will only be able to fulfill my side of the bargain should the batch coming up not get infected or anything, and considering i brew relatively infrequently one bad batch stuffs me up big time.

So the issue is- is the Xmas Case closed as being 24 batches of longnecks
Can 640ml bottles be used as a backup, should i not have enough good beers in 750ml longnecks
Should 750ml longnecks be the expected and should my next batch not work out, I may be forced to pull out. I'm hoping that isn't the case. But time will tell.

Cheers

Will

Personally Kungy I can't see a problem at all. I guess others may feel differently but I'd be surprised.

Shawn. :)

kungy said:
Hi, Guys. Just wanting to bump this up to the top.

So is it decided upon 24 longnecks. I am putting a hypothetical out as well. I currently don't have enough beers in longnecks, i however a stack in 640 bottles. I plan to take care of this shortfall with a AG brew in the coming weeks, however i will only be able to fulfill my side of the bargain should the batch coming up not get infected or anything, and considering i brew relatively infrequently one bad batch stuffs me up big time.

So the issue is- is the Xmas Case closed as being 24 batches of longnecks
Can 640ml bottles be used as a backup, should i not have enough good beers in 750ml longnecks
Should 750ml longnecks be the expected and should my next batch not work out, I may be forced to pull out. I'm hoping that isn't the case. But time will tell.

Cheers

Will
[post="76907"][/post]​

Mate, 750's are the go but no one is going to hunt you down if you deliver 640's out of a bad luck brew. Cross your fingers you don't get an infection and so will we. Otherwise don't sweat it.... It's Christmas. and 640's it will be :D

Shawn you beat me by so much as a breath.. it's the fastest finger in the hunter here. The quick and the dead :p

Again Kungy, It'll be fine

Thanks for the quick response, i was hoping that i didn't have to pull out, and it appears i won't have to.

Seems a AG Amarillo APA will be the go, with a stout and ESB as a backup.

Will

No probs Kungy. At least we will all know straight away which is your beer :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Bump.

A few people have decided what they are brewing. Has everyone else decided and have already got it underway? Any thoughts on the swap location/date?

SYDNEY (17)
Tim
Hopsta
Duff - Kolsch
Doc
Stuster
KoNG
Nifty
Homebrewworld
Kungy
Berto
Linz - IPA
Redbeard
Beer Slayer
Stickler
PostModern
Quincy
am - Australian Golden Ale

NEWCASTLE/Central Coast (5)
Gough
Weizguy
Borret
Shmick - Australian Strong Ale
Trent

BATHURST (1)
Pint of Lager

Unknown (1)
Jase

Cheers.

Im going to brew a Newcastle brown style. I will only be making a partial, as i want to brew a double batch.

Edit, i will be brewing on Sept. 27

Back