Melbourne: Grain Bulk Buy - March 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiesy said:
Thanks to all those who gave beer, or purchased something from FP - as a gesture of thanks.

Whoever gave me the beer with the label "Beersmith. Kolsch" - it was awesome. Really good.
The Aussie Ale I had was also very nice. Thank you.

edit: that's all I've tried just yet.
Thanks again for organising guys - good to meet you both. Assuming it was mine, glad you liked the aussie.

Yep, more thanks Cocko and Co! I really wish I could have been there. Love the grain splits. I owe you guys a couple beers.

Yeah thanks for this guys, also thanks to Symphony1975 for sorting out all my splits. It all went incredibly smoothly, too easy! The only drawback was carting 40kg of grain home on my pushy :p

I couldn't get there either. But thanks to the kind folk who helped load my grain for my wife. Appreciate the bulk buy too spiesy and cocko. Thanks for all your hard work. Regards dave.

All good meathead, I think most of your splits had been sorted when she got there so was easy done.

Spiesy will you PM regarding crystal and biscuit?

idzy said:
Spiesy will you PM regarding crystal and biscuit?
Hey mate… crystal should be here before the week is out. Biscuit is due early April with Wey Pale.
Cocko will likely contact you, but one of us will certainly be in touch ASAP.

Beer tasting
#18, red cap, brown bottle.
Is this a Belgian Golden Ale? Nice beer.. I'm getting Belgian Golden vibes off the banana-y aroma (yeast, I'm guessing) and the high carbonation rate… although it's a little more copper than golden. Still, nice beer…

Hey Spiesy, just in case you forgot this amidst the chaos of Saturday, don't open my bottle until at least 22/3/14, if not a little later. The 22nd will be its second week in the bottle. It's quite a malty PA, so an extra week or 2 wouldn't hurt if you're patient.

technobabble66 said:
Hey Spiesy, just in case you forgot this amidst the chaos of Saturday, don't open my bottle until at least 22/3/14, if not a little later. The 22nd will be its second week in the bottle. It's quite a malty PA, so an extra week or 2 wouldn't hurt if you're patient.
Thanks mate. Which one is it again? We (luckily) got a few.

technobabble66 said:
Got it aside, ageing.

All good!

Spiesy said:
Beer tasting
#18, red cap, brown bottle.
Is this a Belgian Golden Ale? Nice beer.. I'm getting Belgian Golden vibes off the banana-y aroma (yeast, I'm guessing) and the high carbonation rate… although it's a little more copper than golden. Still, nice beer…
This one was mine. Its actually just a pale ale recipe but with Black sticky rice in the mash which i was hoping would impart a redy / purple colour. The wort was a dark red purple colour after the mash but after the boil it was back to a normalish looking wort colour. the boil must drive off the red colour from the rice. I think the rice gives it some interesting bready and banana flavours but once you know its rice you can pick it in the flavour. Hopped with all Amarillo and US05 for the yeast.

Cheers

Karl

MartinOC said:
From the description, I'd guess Idzy's?
Don't think it will be mine. All mine have black cap with white sticker.

idzy said:
Don't think it will be mine. All mine have black cap with white sticker.
Hey mate, I thought it was a pretty good beer. Whilst I'm certainly not a massive Belgian fan, I don't mind some of their lighter stuff - and I thought this was okay.

Westy, just had your Black IPA - really good mate. It had the burnt malt characteristic that actually shouldn't be part of a Black IPA - but it's a part that I like nonetheless. Really enjoyed it, nice balanced, with some roasty-ness and moderate alcohol v bitterness + hop flavour vibes,

What was it, 6% ?

So it was mine Spiesy? I thought you said it had a #18 with red cap - don't think it will be mine. Mine will have "Idzy - Leffe Blond" on the cap.

idzy said:
So it was mine Spiesy? I thought you said it had a #18 with red cap - don't think it will be mine. Mine will have "Idzy - Leffe Blond" on the cap.
I had yours another time, mate.

Gday Spiesy, I'll be picking up symphony's cocko acid malt split when I pick up my biscuit split, is there an eta on the biscuit mate?

JB said:
Gday Spiesy, I'll be picking up symphony's cocko acid malt split when I pick up my biscuit split, is there an eta on the biscuit mate?
Hey JB,

Biscuit is due in early April, not long now! We'll be sure to notify you as soon as we have more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back