BULK BUY - Vittle Vault 27kg Grain Storage Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah right, I missed that you wanted to be able to access stacked tubs like that.

For reference, the left one has 25kg in it and the right one has 12.5kg
20210118_160708.jpg

ah right, I missed that you wanted to be able to access stacked tubs like that.
In fairness, I don't think it's explicitly mentioned in this thread. But there's no other reason for choosing that shape of VV, that looks like an overgrown p*** bottle.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe a bulk buy of these if we could find the manufacturer Vogue Ingredient Bin 38Ltr - gj499 - Buy Online at Nisbets

Looking at the Vogue bin description there is no mention of it being airtight, does anyone know if it is? Airtight is pretty much a necessity for me, to keep the insects out. There is mention of "The clear sliding lid allows for quick access ...". In my opinion a sliding lid makes it less likely to be airtight, at least in the long run, unless is has a particularly clever sliding seal, like for example a lid that first slides and then locks down on a seal.

Cheers!
Rob

Thanks for the suggestion.

Looking at the Vogue bin description there is no mention of it being airtight, does anyone know if it is? Airtight is pretty much a necessity for me, to keep the insects out. There is mention of "The clear sliding lid allows for quick access ...". In my opinion a sliding lid makes it less likely to be airtight, at least in the long run, unless is has a particularly clever sliding seal, like for example a lid that first slides and then locks down on a seal.

Cheers!
Rob
Looks like the same thing US$10 min order 10. I assume the $10 is for the 10L stackable version, we would need the 48L for a full sack or the 24L for a half sack.
There's a couple of different types, I think the ones with the castors have sliding lids, the stackable ones have lifting/tilting lids, no mention of air tight but says suitable for dry goods, flour etc.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_image.3c675d53k4K5iLThere's no mention of freight costs, but it would be a volume thing not weight, and I would assume by sea not air so shouldn't be too much, but the way things have been going lately with freight from China who knows?

From the description:
This bin is perfect for storing large quantities of dry ingredients under counters or in storage areas. A durable lid is designed to lock in freshness while keeping contaminants out. With an included scoop to help dispense your products, this ingredient bin is the perfect bulk storage solution your kitchen needs.
Product Features
Useful in any large kitchen to store, transport and quick measure of quantities of dry food such as: flour, sugar, salt, groats, rice.

OK, I've submitted a request for a quote for 10 x 24L and 10 x 48L, they are stackable, and come with castors, the 10L does not have castors, I assume you do not fit the castors if stacking.

Back