Melbourne: Grain Bulk Buy - March 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you liked my black ipa... It came in at 6.6%. I was very heavy handed with the choc malt in that one - I still have a metric buttload of chocolate malt from one of the bulk buys and thought I would try 10% choc in the grain bill. The beer is the ******* child of an ipa & porter but it seems to work. I just brewed it again but dropped choc malt % & added midnight wheat... Should be a ripper!
Thanks again for organising!

Nearing the end of my kindly donated beers :sad face:

Had the RIS last night, not sure who the legend was that donated. I don't believe I've had a RIS before, but I do LOVE stout.

First impressions were: MOLASSES, liquorice, sweet - but not overly so, plenty of body… which I'd imagine of trademarks of the style.

What was the alc %?
Only ask as RIS's are meant to be quite high, and if this was the case with this brew, the alc % was cleverly hidden (balanced).

I would have liked a bit more roast to the brew, maybe more roast barley? But a nice beer, thank you.

Any sign of the biscuit malt yet?

Theoretically I'm still picking up Grainer's bag as he's in Hawaii, if that's still cool with NealK and Grainer.

I just had one of the beers we were given go BOOM.

Luckily it was in a spare room, and the bottle let go via the bottom so mainly beer to clean up... no stress.

MORE SO, if the brewer is sitting on stock of this batch you may want to think about quarantining it.

Please be careful.

EDIT:

I have sent a PM to him - Bottle bombs can be pretty serious shit....

Cheers

Well that's defianately not what you want.

Hard floor - room needed a mop anyway.

Spiesy had his quickly, said it was good....

No stress here, seriously more concerned for the brewer as I have never had a bomb before but **** me, they go off....

We were in the lounge heard the bang, then a ting/metallic sound.... I crack out the torch and wonder around the house, looking for some thing broken or a fallen tree...

We are are in the bush so possums are running a muck all over the tin roof most nights, so put it down to a possum... but was also thinking it was the 10 yo little shit next door roof rocking us... any way, finish dinner - go to get a night cap from the keezer room and the mrs joins closely behind, only to ask "What is all this beer on the floor? Did you drop a beer?"

And I look across and see the bottle with the arse blown out, bare footed and worried if there is more of them, I was like "GO, GET OUT.." come back in with towel and shoes... wrap up the others - NOT the same beers.. but hey, better wrapped for now! The 'ting' was a metal clip that was on the shelf next to the bottle falling on the floor...

LOL...

To avoid possible embarrassment, I am PM'ing Cocko with who I think it is.

Im back and on holidays for 2 more weeks so can pick up the grain when it comes in

We understand that the Biscuit is due late this week.

Sincerest of apologies to all - unavoidable, as the hold up is with the supplier. Still, sorry - we know what it's like to be waiting on something.

Hey guys,

Bloody hell - due to the public holiday on Friday, we've been advised that the grain is now expected early next week - which again, due to the public holiday, should be Tuesday.

Really, really, sorry about this.

We've got a list of each and every one of you involved in this split, and we'd like to make it up to you - so just remind us of the BB delays when you next order from us (in the comments field), and we'll throw something extra in there for you as a form of apology.

Hey guys,

We've been informed by the supplier that our Biscuit and Weyermann Pale Ale are scheduled for delivery this afternoon.
The last delay was apparently caused by an AQIS inspection.

We'll be at Full Pint tomorrow (ANZAC Day), from about 10am-2pm, if that suits for pickup.

If you'd prefer another time, we'll be again open during normal business hours next week.

I hope to confirm the arrival of the malt in the next few hours. Again, apologies for the delay - it's affected us also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back