Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found the adjustment gets quite "notchy" around the low end of the scale - even at ~10psi I find it hard to get it dialed in without it jumping 3-5 psi at a time. You might be able to persuade it down to 2psi or so with a bit of fiddling....

I've heard that adjustable propane regulators make good ultra-low-pressure secondary regs, they usually adjust over a range between about 0.5 to 2 psi. No idea what fittings you'd need to get it hooked up to any standard beer gear though

I can't comment on the blow tie as I use a Spunding Valve, but even that is quite notchy. Small increments do sweet f all then it gasses out 3PSI.

Sounding valve could work if you had a dedicated one set to what ever you need but I find even after I marked it, winding out then back dont get the same PSI

How about this one then? 2 reviews from the same person (Magdalen? Yeah. RIght) for a product that isn't even available yet.

Floating Dip Tube Filter(80 Mesh 304 Stainless) - For FermZilla or Kegmenter View attachment 118804View attachment 118803

So far we have sold many thousands of this product not only in Australia but in America, many parts of Europe and also in China. So it's not fair to say that this product has not been sold. The only issue with this as far as I can see is that it appears that the customer has submitted the review twice and they have both been approved on the back end.

I should also say that we often give away gear before a release as well for the very purpose of getting reviews. In fact if you look back at all our posts on this forum we have on several instances given away free product to customers well before the product is released to the public specifically for the purpose of getting feedback/review from the customers. As you all would know KegLand produce more new product than any other home brew store in Australia and we spend quite a bit of our annual revenue in product development. Part of this process is getting feedback from "product testers" and although we never force a product tester to publicly review a product for us they often do.

With that said in this instance what we will do is delete the duplicate entry and this should fix the issue for you. I must say I really wonder if this type of conversation is that valuable for other members of the forum who probably want to talk about home brewing. With that said we in the full spirit of the forum we will respond to any question that is raised but if you genuinely have a concern that you think is probably not of interest to other people on the forum I would suggest just email us.

I can't comment on the blow tie as I use a Spunding Valve, but even that is quite notchy. Small increments do sweet f all then it gasses out 3PSI.

Sounding valve could work if you had a dedicated one set to what ever you need but I find even after I marked it, winding out then back dont get the same PSI

Yes it's fair to say that LPG regulators are good with very low pressures and work quite accurately down at 1-5psi. With that said the issue with these is they only work regulating output gas pressure (ie into a BBQ). They will be useless for retain the gas pressure which is what a spunding valve will do.

The blowtie spunding valves are far more accurate than traditional spring and poppet spunding valves. With that said if you guys really wanted us to make an even more accurate blowtie we could do this for you and most likely it would involve us increasing the diameter of the diaphragm but this would then be a more bulky unit and I think most customers are quite happy with the compact size and current accuracy of the product. With that said would be keen to get your input on this topic? Do any of you guys feel like you would like us to make a premium diaphragm spunding valve that is larger diameter? We could make this suitable for higher flow rates too?

I should say that one product we have been considering is small digital pressure gauges. One thing I can say from my own experience is that these smaller 27mm x 27mm mini gauges have less accuracy than the larger gauges like this and it's really impossible to make an accurate analogue gauge that will fit into this very compact space.

If we made a digital gauge we would be able to use it for the blowtie spunding valve, Core 360 Regulator and also the inline regulators that we sell. This would give us +/- 1% accuracy and also fit into this small 27mm x 27mm cavity. I think we would be able to sell it for about $9-14? Would this be of interest to you guys?

Yes it's fair to say that LPG regulators are good with very low pressures and work quite accurately down at 1-5psi. With that said the issue with these is they only work regulating output gas pressure (ie into a BBQ). They will be useless for retain the gas pressure which is what a spunding valve will do.

The blowtie spunding valves are far more accurate than traditional spring and poppet spunding valves. With that said if you guys really wanted us to make an even more accurate blowtie we could do this for you and most likely it would involve us increasing the diameter of the diaphragm but this would then be a more bulky unit and I think most customers are quite happy with the compact size and current accuracy of the product. With that said would be keen to get your input on this topic? Do any of you guys feel like you would like us to make a premium diaphragm spunding valve that is larger diameter? We could make this suitable for higher flow rates too?

I should say that one product we have been considering is small digital pressure gauges. One thing I can say from my own experience is that these smaller 27mm x 27mm mini gauges have less accuracy than the larger gauges like this and it's really impossible to make an accurate analogue gauge that will fit into this very compact space.

If we made a digital gauge we would be able to use it for the blowtie spunding valve, Core 360 Regulator and also the inline regulators that we sell. This would give us +/- 1% accuracy and also fit into this small 27mm x 27mm cavity. I think we would be able to sell it for about $9-14? Would this be of interest to you guys?
100% I would buy a couple of them for sure. Would they be threaded for gas lines? Cause I would put one on the gas lines of my manifold and one for my spunding valve!

100% I would buy a couple of them for sure. Would they be threaded for gas lines? Cause I would put one on the gas lines of my manifold and one for my spunding valve!

What would be your preference? We can certainly make them threaded but we felt that if we made a premium unit that we should probably make it fit the 1.5inch tri-clover

100%

The original discussion was about the In-Line Regulator, not the BlowTie...I'm really not sure how we ended up on this sidetrack.

I'm definitely interested, but have a few questions, how will they be powered and can you also make it back lit with it being in such a small form factor?

Also will be just one unit to replace all or will you have them in incremental pressures ranges like your current line?

I have a couple of inline regulators to control my 2 kegs and have found them to be a bit finicky at lower pressures and get nothing on the gauge until it's set over 15psi.

I thought this was the KegLand thread with multiple discussions happening concurrently. Sorry we didn't wait out turn.
can you pleeeeeze stop embarrassing us and wait your turn. somebody will call your number. now go and sit in the comfy chair and thumb a readers digest:fallingoffchair:

I thought this was the KegLand thread with multiple discussions happening concurrently. Sorry we didn't wait out turn.

I found your reply confusing at the time...I thought you misunderstood, but no, I see now that you just quoted my post to talk about something else 🤷‍♂️
All good, carry on!

I found your reply confusing at the time...I thought you misunderstood, but no, I see now that you just quoted my post to talk about something else 🤷‍♂️
All good, carry on!
Let's be honest. Half the time I'm not sure what's going on and the other half I'm certain I don't know what's going on.

For some reason I thought a spunding valve would work as a cask breather. But I forgot it isn't inline.

Then I got confused when you were confused about what now turns out was my own confusion.

Apologies.

@KegLand-com-au I am planning on using my Series 4 Kegerator as a fermenting fridge and have unfortunately chucked away the plug that would fit the hole for the font. Do you have any spare? Any other options?

Hey Kegland when is your digital e.g. Tilt hydrometer going to be released? Will it be wifi?

Latest posts

Back