Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au

Probably stupid question, is it possible to buy just a refractometer case, pipette and little screwdriver without buying a new complete unit? i just lost the little pipette and lost the screwdriver soon after i bought it.

I am sorry but at this stage we do not sell the parts separately but you can buy other screw drivers and disposable pipettes quite cheaply online.

@KegLand-com-au
What's the story with the G20? In stock date keeps slipping back - now 29/05, but was due in April at one stage. I've been holding off doing my next brew day until I can replace my window ac based unit (I can't recommend enough not to bother with this approach), so curious as to the cause of the delays. And more importantly; is the current due date is accurate? Otherwise I'm back to the window AC cooling monster with the disturbance that causes to the surrounding suburbs and need for its own bloated coal fired power station.

Sorry about that. When we did the website upgrade last week some of the dates failed to update with our warehouse management software. This has now been fixed so the date is more accurate now. Sorry for the long wait. By the looks of the sale results I think it's more likely that we will sell many more G20 units than G40 units in future.

Hey there KegLand/Community, this may be premature, but I would be really excited to know when we can expect the next generation of Brewzillas (Gen 4) and what people are hoping/expecting to see in the next iteration?

This is on the top of our list with regards to product development at the moment. We have already made some big steps forward with the software development and internet connectivity. We are now just working on some of the hardware changes. The G4 units I think most likely will be available right at the end of 2020.

the new search engine is trash, just use a simple string match ffs

drop-down menus don't fit in the window area

ordering by price doesn't seem to work properly

Can you please try now and let us know what you think.

Expecting:
1) Sometime after the RAPT fridge
2) Features similar to the RAPT fridge - wireless connectivity, smarter control.

Hoping:
  • Better pump inlet protection - the false bottom has a pretty loose fit, getting the tolerances on that tightened up would be one approach
  • Proportional power control rather than low/high/off - full-blown phase angle control would be cool but overkill, just doing PWM switching whole AC cycles would be fine
  • Integrated sightglass (or some other solution for liquid level readings more sophisticated than "lift the malt pipe and shine a torch into the kettle")
  • Insulated recirculation plumbing
  • Perhaps some design affordances for system integration with a HLT? Some interesting stuff is possible (underletting, auto-sparging) and I don't expect built-in support for such niche features, but maybe there's scope to add some bulkheads to the basic design for people to play with.

Yes you are correct on both points. Much of the software development that we are doing now can be leveraged on several products. So the boards for the RAPT fridge and G4 BrewZilla are similar in that way.

1. Yes the false bottom is something we will have resolved soon and we will make this a tighter fit. This will happen before the G4 is released.
2. Yes we are working on ways to do this without causing too much noise and testing solutions at the moment.
3. We will still sell the sight glass as an optional extra. We will make a better kit for it. Unfortunately with sight glasses they either have to be glass or polycarbonate. Glass is delicate and prone to break. Polycarbonate contains BPA and then the BrewZilla would not be BPA free.
4. The insulated recalculation pumping is not a bad idea. It's probably quite possible that you loose about 50-100 watts through this tube at the moment so this is a good idea that has not been discussed in the team yet.
5. Auto sparing and integration with HLT would be possible. We will talk about this with the other guys in the development team.

Out of stock items being able to be ordered is something we are very reluctant to do. Its our company policy that we do not take payment for a product if our systems shows the product is out of stock. Also having order that are partially picked or partially paid is also complicated and doesn't suit our model. I

Perhaps putting together kits, packaged, with a single SKU would make this easier. Especailly so with the kits that people done know what parts they require - eg my experience was the allrounder, and I just wanted everything needed, same with a font kit or a kegerator that I bought.

Its also a great way of add on selling - put together a kegerator kit with everything, including the cleaners, or whatever small things people need but dont think of on day one, package it up during that quiet moment, then all it needs is a sticker

there may be only 10 or 20 kits that your sales tell you you need.

sort of seems like a win win to me

@KegLand-com-au after stuffing around with your sorry excuse of a website I found the new mini reg has been delayed, again, now out to 22 June according to KegLand Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator - Sodastream & 16g Bulb Compatible - is this an actual date or an ETA?

If it's not in stock by the end of June I'll just buy another reg from my LHBS and cart the 2.6kg bottle around.

This 360 core actuator regulator is a completely new product. We apologise for the delays and with the new products especially where new tooling is getting finished these are the most difficult dates to estimate on the website.

Once we have been manufacturing a product for a year or so we get much more efficient at making the products. Once we have been manufacturing the products for 2 or 3 years we then get really good sales data on what inventory levels we need to hold in stock. With that said KegLand is not even 2.5years old yet so many of our products are very new. We do apologise for the wait. This is a really great product though and I am sure you will find it worth the wait.

So KL is using an Aussie web developer that sends e-mails from France??? The thlot pickens.

The mail server might be located in France but Mitash is definitely a local company and they service other local businesses too which is why we went with them:
https://www.mitash.com.au/
Certainly they have made a couple mistakes but they generally fix the bugs quite fast. We are working with them on several other site improvements and I think the true benefits of Mitash web developers will be seen once these other modules are completed.

@onemorecell When did you get a job at Kegland? *******, could have let me know!!

We will have more jobs available once we move into the new warehouse. We don't really have the space for more staff at this location and we are already ontop of each other as it is.

Perhaps putting together kits, packaged, with a single SKU would make this easier. Especailly so with the kits that people done know what parts they require - eg my experience was the allrounder, and I just wanted everything needed, same with a font kit or a kegerator that I bought.

Its also a great way of add on selling - put together a kegerator kit with everything, including the cleaners, or whatever small things people need but dont think of on day one, package it up during that quiet moment, then all it needs is a sticker

there may be only 10 or 20 kits that your sales tell you you need.

sort of seems like a win win to me

I think in future we will probably make more of these builders:
Kegerator Builder

These types of builders enable you to see what is in and out of stock and enable you to select alternatives fairly easily.

So I think once we make a few other FermZilla All Rounder builders etc it will really improve the usability of the site.

This is one of the features that Mitash.com developed for us.

So how you feeling now oneless, yes it's sad that you have to bang on , but ya know what sunshine sometimes it's the only way. starvin kids, dyin cooral, whatever, your ONE COMMENT! and it's done! grow up pal, get an education, and get out of the school yard. Yes you've pissed me off because numpties like you do that, your simplistic views of complex situations annoy me. Rant off! Yes thirsty I ranted 😂
Mate put the pipe down!

1. We did not have plans to make this part but if we get enough call for anything we will make it for you guys. Most of the time the one with male thread then a socket is fine. Are any of you other guys in need of this part? Would be good to hear your thoughts guys.

2. With the seals the neoprene ones are really not good with oxygen barrier. We would really like to strongly discourage you guys from using neoprene or silicone lid o-rings. We do still offer silicone at the moment but we are more and more considering just stocking the EPDM due to the oxygen ingress issues with these other softer compounds. Silicone is quite soft making it easier to make the lid seal but for oxygen sensitive beverages the oxygen ingress is really way to high and for light beers like pilsners you will definitely notice a difference. Silicone had orders of magnitude worse barrier properties than EPDM. Foam filled neoprene is worse again.

If you have second hand kegs and the lids just do not seal with new EPDM seals my advice would be to get rid of the keg unfortunately. Perhaps for carbonated water or less oxygen sensitive beverages you can get away with it.

Thank you for your response, and advice. Very much appreciated.

I have always preferred kL as a supplier, and I think the gear is good quality for the price. But by **** sort your website issues out! This needs to be a priority. Its gets worse every time i log in. Search is terrible, and navi links are not logical.

Sorry, but yeah, the search is still bad. If you search for "keg", you have to click through pages before you get to an actual keg. String matching on shortest, best-fitting titles first should fix that.

We will have more jobs available once we move into the new warehouse. We don't really have the space for more staff at this location and we are already ontop of each other as it is.

If only you paid more, I would probably jump at the chance!

Then I could really be the accused of being an insider :)

Can you please try now and let us know what you think.
Search is better now, results are at least remotely related but some terms still cast too wide a net.

Overall the interface is pretty poor, the drop-down boxes are a mess of whitespace that doesn't scale well, especially for those of us who don't browse full-screen.

Please, please just get rid of the 12 item per page setting and default to all. It's not 1995, we aren't paying for internet by the kilobyte.

Please, please just get rid of the 12 item per page setting and default to all. It's not 1995, we aren't paying for internet by the kilobyte.

MO of every website these days:
Scroll and click next
Scroll and click next
Scroll and click next

That's after you dismiss the overlay (i.e. popup ad mkII), accept cookies, close side banners and pause autoplaying videos.

Back