Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in the process of moving warehouse at the moment so it's not a good time for visitors to be honest but after the 22nd July we will be in our new warehouse in Springvale so we would be more than happy for you to come and have a look.

Hi Kegland.
I get that you are moving. Are you processing orders at the same time? I’ve got a couple orders placed (one since last weekend) that are still sitting in processing.

Or am I just being a bit impatient? [emoji12]

Just because I would like to see a video of the welder in action is being a troll, I am sure there are other welders on the forum who would be interested in the video. Prove me wrong, can technology have advanced that far since I was welding.
You're a bitter lad...

ON TOPIC - Received the duotight fittings from KegLand and can't fault them. Compared to the old style from keg king without o rings, these are much higher quality and are much cheaper than JG.

You're a bitter lad...

ON TOPIC - Received the duotight fittings from KegLand and can't fault them. Compared to the old style from keg king without o rings, these are much higher quality and are much cheaper than JG.
I sorta started changing all my keging stuff over to push fitting about 12 months ago, I lost interest cause it was getting quite pricey. Good to hear these are up to parr might have to grab some when the warehouse opens.

Hey @KegLand-com-au - just some feedback - a number of pages ago a guy here was complaining about the sanitiser bottle that wouldn't feed from the big compartment to the small compartment because of what seems to be a blockage in the lower corner of the bottle. Well I reckon you must have a bad batch of these because I bought a bottle from another retailer (it had Kegland branding on it) and it's got the same problem.

Anyway, it's just a bit of a PITA as I threw out the old bottle before opening this one, looks like I'll have to buy another bottle from somewhere else and keep this one as a refil, just FYI..

Hi @KegLand-com-au Just wondering can i hook up this mini regulator up to a CO2 gas line? I have a 2 way splitter manifold but it doesn't allow precise pressure control when it comes to force carbing one keg and keeping one at serving pressure.

Hi @KegLand-com-au Just wondering can i hook up this mini regulator up to a CO2 gas line? I have a 2 way splitter manifold but it doesn't allow precise pressure control when it comes to force carbing one keg and keeping one at serving pressure.
To do this you need either a dual regulator setup or a main regulator (like what you've linked) and one of these

Hi, just wondering whether you guys are going to start stocking grain and hops now that you have an address? Cheers

Last edited:
It would be interesting to post a video of the robotic welding taking place on the inside of the keg, how on earth does the torch, ceramic cup, wire feed, gas and electric cable fit through the 35 mm opening ?
Just purging the keg with argon and welding from the outside produces the same result, the keg shown in the video as a competitor keg had not been purged properly, that's why there is oxidising on the inside.
Really looking forward to seeing a video of the welding on the inside the keg.
why don't you stop posting passive aggressive crap and just say what you want to say

Not related to any of that rubbish - I have again placed and order and realised I left some stuff out - the ability to modify an order would be really nice.

BTW - I have seen some of these robotic welders at work. Love it! If anyone is into seriously modified cars, this is why Ford seats are a great base.

Not related to any of that rubbish - I have again placed and order and realised I left some stuff out - the ability to modify an order would be really nice.

BTW - I have seen some of these robotic welders at work. Love it! If anyone is into seriously modified cars, this is why Ford seats are a great base.

We would like to allow customers to change orders but it's very difficult to make this work in the warehouse. Goods often are already picked within 1 hour of the order being placed online, once the goods are picked they are put in large pallets of stock ready to be dispatched. So the difficulty with allowing customers to change the orders is the picker then has to find the order, open the box and switch products around. So this is often quite time consuming and sometimes impossible as in some instances the goods may already be dispatched soon after it's picked. Also some products like grain orders cant be unpacked. Once we mix up grains and then mill them into a bag we cant really allow customers to change this.

So at the moment if you need an order changed it's best to give us a call and one of our staff can try and organise this for you.

I had to laugh. I follow this thread closely and I blocked the person who posts the negativity
So now I just see the responses asking him to go away
If everyone blocks him the voice will eventually become more like a squeak
I didn't realise it was possible to ignore a user so their posts wouldn't appear. Have done so now. Thanks!

We would like to allow customers to change orders but it's very difficult to make this work in the warehouse. Goods often are already picked within 1 hour of the order being placed online, once the goods are picked they are put in large pallets of stock ready to be dispatched. So the difficulty with allowing customers to change the orders is the picker then has to find the order, open the box and switch products around. So this is often quite time consuming and sometimes impossible as in some instances the goods may already be dispatched soon after it's picked. Also some products like grain orders cant be unpacked. Once we mix up grains and then mill them into a bag we cant really allow customers to change this.

So at the moment if you need an order changed it's best to give us a call and one of our staff can try and organise this for you.
Another warehouse I worked at had the following system. I don't know if your IT and workflow systems are set up to cope with this suggestion, but here goes:
Customers are allowed to change orders up until the point where the order status is changed from "pending" to "picking" (or whatever terms you use). After that, bad luck. If the order is being edited, it is taken out of the "pending" queue, and subsequently added to the back of the queue once the edit is completed.

@KegLand-com-au If your new warehouse opens on the 24th, when will "Collect from warehouse ($0.00)" become an option on the website? From that date forward, or will pre-ordering be available?

Just reading up about issues with Dry Hopping if fermenting under pressure - the beer gushing with the sudden release of pressure from the vessel at fermentation temperatures. There's only so many foam positive compounds in the beer, so even if it doesn't gush out of the fermenter, perhaps this would have a negative impact on later head retention potential of the beer?

This got me thinking - would it be possible to integrate a ball valve into the ball lock kegmenter lid?

On the open-to-atmosphere end, the ball valve could have a PET thread.

The user could load dry hops into a small PET bottle, turn it upside down and screw it into the top of the ball valve.

Once tight, the user could then open the ball valve to allow the hops to drop into the fermenter with minimal pressure change, minimizing frothing, (PET could be flushed with CO2 for those worried about O2 pickup etc).

I think this would be a fantastic addition to the kegmenter lid!!

Thoughts from others, Kegland feedback?

Cheers,

Matt

Any plans to bring in bigger kegerators (like the old KK Grand Deluxe)? I'd think there'd be a pretty good market for them, especially at the kinds of price you're bringing things into Australia at.

Any plans to bring in bigger kegerators (like the old KK Grand Deluxe)? I'd think there'd be a pretty good market for them, especially at the kinds of price you're bringing things into Australia at.

We are trying to change the designs of the Grand Deluxe at the moment which is the only reason we have not imported them yet. We had two issues with this model in the past which we wanted to resolve before importing them:
1. The failure rate was a bit high.
2. The fans were a bit noisy making it not the pleasant if you had the fridge in your living room.
So we are trying to resolve these issues before importing this model.

We do have a Fermenting fridge that we are working on that will fit 4 kegs. This fridge will heat and cool. I think this will probably be the best option.

When you look at the cost it's still better value to get several small fridges than to get one larger under counter Grand Deluxe model. With that said some customers do like the stainless benchtop and the heavy duty design of this model so it does have its merrits.

Just reading up about issues with Dry Hopping if fermenting under pressure - the beer gushing with the sudden release of pressure from the vessel at fermentation temperatures. There's only so many foam positive compounds in the beer, so even if it doesn't gush out of the fermenter, perhaps this would have a negative impact on later head retention potential of the beer?

This got me thinking - would it be possible to integrate a ball valve into the ball lock kegmenter lid?

On the open-to-atmosphere end, the ball valve could have a PET thread.

The user could load dry hops into a small PET bottle, turn it upside down and screw it into the top of the ball valve.

Once tight, the user could then open the ball valve to allow the hops to drop into the fermenter with minimal pressure change, minimizing frothing, (PET could be flushed with CO2 for those worried about O2 pickup etc).

I think this would be a fantastic addition to the kegmenter lid!!

Thoughts from others, Kegland feedback?

Cheers,

Matt

Hey Matt,

Thanks for this enquiry. The Kegmenters come with a flat lid that is made to take the airlock which you can see in the photos here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/29l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

As you can see the standard model comes with a bung and airlock when you purchase it. With that said the hole for this bung was specifically chosen this size because it was the hole size (21mm) that suits the 1/2inch threaded components. So to answer your question if you wanted to install a 1/2 inch ball valve to the standard lid it would be easy to do but you really would want to also fit some kind of pressure release device to the lid as well.

You might be able to put the hops into a PET bottle then turn it upside down ans screw into the ball valve. This is possible, the neck of the PET bottle is a bit on the small side but with a bit of a shake they would probably fall into the kegmenter. Also you would have to make up a stainless adapter to do this. The PET bottls do not have common thread types unfortunately.

We will have to have a think about it. Perhaps what we need to do is to design some new dry hopping options for the Kegmenter. I think we probably need to work on a new solution that is build for purpose.

With the fermentasaurus 2 we are trying to make a new colletion container for this which is better designed and at the same time we might be able to make this adapt to the Kegmenter lids too.

Latest posts

Back