Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au If your new warehouse opens on the 24th, when will "Collect from warehouse ($0.00)" become an option on the website? From that date forward, or will pre-ordering be available?

Yes that is correctly. Soon after we move in we will also allow pickups from the warehouse door.

Awesome, thanks very much for your feedback.

Nice to hear some of your thoughts and ideas regarding what you've got in the works for that!

I'm keen to buy one of the kegmenters with ball lock lids when they are back in stock in a couple of weeks.

In the interim I'll probably do a closed system transfer once fermentation is complete to 2x purged corny kegs with the dry hops pre loaded into them.

We are trying to change the designs of the Grand Deluxe at the moment which is the only reason we have not imported them yet. We had two issues with this model in the past which we wanted to resolve before importing them:
1. The failure rate was a bit high.
2. The fans were a bit noisy making it not the pleasant if you had the fridge in your living room.
So we are trying to resolve these issues before importing this model.

We do have a Fermenting fridge that we are working on that will fit 4 kegs. This fridge will heat and cool. I think this will probably be the best option.

When you look at the cost it's still better value to get several small fridges than to get one larger under counter Grand Deluxe model. With that said some customers do like the stainless benchtop and the heavy duty design of this model so it does have its merrits.

Keen to see this fermenting fridge. Is it simply a more spacious kegerator that allows you to squeeze another keg in?

I'm really looking to put 4 taps on, and was thinking of building a keezer. But in all honesty I much prefer the convenience of a forward opening door. The Grand Deluxe looked nice more than anything, especially with the integrated drip tray and stainless tops.

I ferment in kegmenters regularly under pressure, for dry hopping I wait till end of fermentation, drop to 50% of my CC (so say from 18 down to 9) then transfer on to hops in a purged keg and CC this down to 0, then when DH time is up transfer to keg. Now even with all the mucking about I maybe lose 100ml and I'm a week ahead of no pressure fermentation.

any chance of imperial yeast?

Is there a reason why you wanted the Imperial yeast? We have not had much call for this yeast type.

The key too be able to offer a good service in liquid yeast is to make sure you have goot turnover. If you dont have turnover in liquid yeast we simply would be doing our customers a disservice by stocking it. So this is our main concern.

Keen to see this fermenting fridge. Is it simply a more spacious kegerator that allows you to squeeze another keg in?

I'm really looking to put 4 taps on, and was thinking of building a keezer. But in all honesty I much prefer the convenience of a forward opening door. The Grand Deluxe looked nice more than anything, especially with the integrated drip tray and stainless tops.

We will start releasing more information on the fermenting fridge in the next couple months. We have been mainly customising the design so it can take the larger Fermentasaurus 2 units which we only recently finished the designs for and this is what has been holding up the new fermenting fridge designs.

I ferment in kegmenters regularly under pressure, for dry hopping I wait till end of fermentation, drop to 50% of my CC (so say from 18 down to 9) then transfer on to hops in a purged keg and CC this down to 0, then when DH time is up transfer to keg. Now even with all the mucking about I maybe lose 100ml and I'm a week ahead of no pressure fermentation.

Yes this is similar to what i do as well and totally agree with this.

Could I replace the tap on my Crown 40L urn with one of these (with little fuss) - https://www.kegland.com.au/1-2inch-tap-ball-valve-with-13mm-barb-robobrew-ball-valve.html

I'd just like to try and reduce hot-side aeration when dumping from my kettle to no-chill cubes..

Provided the hole was the same or similar size it would work fine. It probably is as most boiler manufactures use the 1/2 inch thread on the taps.

I am yet to see compelling evidence that hot side aeration is a significant issue. So I dont know if this is actually necessary but these are nice ball valves and definitely having a thread you can attache stuff too is nice anyway.

Okay, thanks. Yeah I'm not convinced either but I have been looking to change the tap for a while anyway as they stock tap makes a fair bit of a mess and I'd rather just run some silicon tube from a barb. I'm pretty sure it is a 1/2 inch hole so that sounds nice and easy!

I forgot to ask, do these ball valves need to be taken apart and cleaned before use (to get get rid of machine oil residue etc.,)? Do they require disassembly, frequent or otherwise? Cheers!

@KegLand-com-au would it be possible to design a small dry hop vessel that can be "charged" so that it is pressurised with CO2 and delivers the contents (dry hops or other infusions) without introducing oxygen?

More simply, an adaptor from 1/2" BSP to ~27mm (same PET thread as carb caps) could be attached to a valve and allow DIY jobs with any PET bottle.

Yes this is similar to what i do as well and totally agree with this.
To minimise opportunities to oxidise the beer I avoid dry hopping after high krausen.

What is your recommendation on filling 330 ml bottles with your counter pressure bottle filler? Just received one, but the stem is too long (hits the bottom of the bottle) and there's not enough play to slide down the stopper. Cut the stem a couple cm?

@KegLand-com-au I just bought a CO2 2.6kg tank and mini reg for it. (I want the freedom of taking the reg with me with a mini keg).

When I screw it on, the gauge faces down making it impossible to read. Is there any solution for this? Pack it with a washer? Some movable collar fitting? Should I have just bought the full size reg?

Thanks.

Is there a reason why you wanted the Imperial yeast? We have not had much call for this yeast type.

The key too be able to offer a good service in liquid yeast is to make sure you have goot turnover. If you dont have turnover in liquid yeast we simply would be doing our customers a disservice by stocking it. So this is our main concern.
200 billion cells instead of 100 in the pack, so no need for a starter. Have only heard good things about it, too.

Probably not much call for it just because it's not for sale in Australia.. Afaik, it's only stocked in a shop in Albury, which I'm happy to order from, but would rather a local shop for yeast.

Okay, thanks. Yeah I'm not convinced either but I have been looking to change the tap for a while anyway as they stock tap makes a fair bit of a mess and I'd rather just run some silicon tube from a barb. I'm pretty sure it is a 1/2 inch hole so that sounds nice and easy!

I forgot to ask, do these ball valves need to be taken apart and cleaned before use (to get get rid of machine oil residue etc.,)? Do they require disassembly, frequent or otherwise? Cheers!

The ball valves are generally pretty clean before they come to us as but it wont hurt to give them a clean before use. You can take them apart and clean but this is really not necessary.

What is your recommendation on filling 330 ml bottles with your counter pressure bottle filler? Just received one, but the stem is too long (hits the bottom of the bottle) and there's not enough play to slide down the stopper. Cut the stem a couple cm?

Yes that is correct, if you are using this on shorter bottles you need to cut the stem down a bit.

Back