Josie Bones - Closing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan2

Reaction score
I just called to book for dinner and the number is disconnected.
Sent a message via their website and they said "...last service is 2nd Feb ... the restaurant has sold".
Did a quick search and found a news article from October last year which said they're in financial trouble but should pull through okay.

What a bugga - looks like they didn't.

Thanks to some advice from members here, we've been twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had the pigs head last visit.

Luckily we fly in the night before they shut, so we'll get one last drink there.

On other breaking news:

I've just found out that I'm not a "whole man" :huh: (see member status)

Maybe if the greedy fucks hadn't charged double what a beer is worth, people would have gone there.

Let it be a warning to other operators that think they can get away with that sort of pricing; punters will vote with their wallets.

They have mentioned nothing about it on Facebook

doon said:
They have mentioned nothing about it on Facebook
Nothing about it on the website either...

They are putting on an event on 29th of jan too

King Brown Brewing said:
Maybe if the greedy fucks hadn't charged double what a beer is worth, people would have gone there. Let it be a warning to other operators that think they can get away with that sort of pricing; punters will vote with their wallets.
Started by "sore looser" Chris Badenoch from Masterchef.......mmmmmmmmmm....if the prices matched his arrogance then I can see why it went titts up

Ducatiboy stu said:
Started by "sore looser" Chris Badenoch from Masterchef.......mmmmmmmmmm....if the prices matched his arrogance then I can see why it went titts up
He was robbed!!

Seriously.

Owing the tax office $125k is a fair bit of coin. And twice bankrupt.....

manticle said:
Good googling! I didn't find that one.
I'm a big fan of their golden too.

Glad to see they're not admitting defeat. It would be a kick in the guts to see your dream come alive then slowly slide away.
I was happy to pay the price for a great experience as an occasional treat, and I hope they can be more successful in their next venture.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Didn't realise he needed tightening?

I definately agree he wouldn't of done.
However everyone to there opinions.

Maybe if the greedy fucks hadn't charged double what a beer is worth, people would have gone there. Let it be a warning to other operators that think they can get away with that sort of pricing; punters will vote with their wallets.
200% markup is pretty standard for drinks at a restaurant, isn't it?

Back