Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyd

Reaction score
anhc_banner_no-mailing-list.jpg

Friday, March 5, 2010
LATEST NEWS FROM ANHC
Get ready for ANHC 2010!

It's time to start booking your leave with work and the family, because you won't want to miss this!

The second ever Australian National Homebrewing Conference 2010 will be held from Thursday October 28 to Saturday October 30, 2010 at the William Angliss Institute, Melbourne.

This year's conference will feature another couple of iconic American homebrewers - Randy Mosher and Gordon Strong.

Randy is famous for penning the one book that every self-respecting homebrewer should own - Radical Brewing. He has also recently released Tasting Beer: An Insider's Guide to the World's Greatest Drink. At the conference he'll be schooling us on extinct Belgian styles, recipe formulation and, of course, radical brewing.

President of the Beer Judging Certification Program and a two-time Ninkasi Award winner, Gordon will give us all the judging info we can handle, including guided tasting panels and the first ever Australian pre-AABC judges' briefing.

All of your favourite events from 2008 will be returning. The Beer & Food Pairing Dinner will again feature food matched to beers from four of Australia's champion homebrewers, Club Night will be back in an expanded format and the Australian Amateur Brewing Championship judging will take place on the Thursday.

But we also learned heaps from the last conference, and have big plans to make this conference a whole lot better. New features will include:

• Judges dinner before the AABC judging led by Gordon and Randy
  • More, expanded demonstration sessions
  • System Wars: HERMS vs gravity vs brew in a bag!
  • Beer cooking challenge
And of course we've got a whole new batch of presenters with some seriously interesting things to say. But we'll keep you in suspense on that front for now.

Want to sponsor ANHC 2010?
If you run, work for, or know of a business which would be interested in getting involved in the homebrewing event of the year, please email [email protected] for a sponsorship brochure. We have sponsorship packages to suit all budgets, and received excellent feedback from sponsors at the 2008 conference.

It's back - the ANHC Blog
Yes, the world famous ANHC Blog is back for 2010. Check it out for all the latest conference info, plus plenty of random beer discussion.

We're also on Twitter. Check it out. We promise there will be something more interesting there soon.

Latest news from ANHC

ANHC Ticket Packages announced
The ticket packages and availability dates have been announced today. If you're on the mailing list you should already have it in your mailbox, but if not, head opn over to http://www.anhc.com.au for all the details.

Brewing it Old Belgian Style...

And while you're there, why not get involved with Randy's Lacambre project, or read a few of Lachlan's tasty notes in the ANHC blog...

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Andy

The packages look good and I think I will be going the whole hog - pending negotiations with the minister for war and finances!!

Latest news from ANHC

ANHC Ticket Packages announced
The ticket packages and availability dates have been announced today. If you're on the mailing list you should already have it in your mailbox, but if not, head opn over to http://www.anhc.com.au for all the details.

Andy

Andy, just to clear it up, does the full works package include the Gala Dinner, or is that extra on top?

The Alpha package is everything - Sessions, Friday's Pairing Dinner and the Gala Dinner.

Cheers!

The Alpha package is everything - Sessions, Friday's Pairing Dinner and the Gala Dinner.

Cheers!

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad luck Andy, I'll be back again this year!

hey andy is it possible just to buy a ticket to club night for the swmbo as im going to be down there for a wedding that weekend. im most likely going to the friday, club night and if i can squeeze it in some of saturday morning if im well enough

I will be back again for sure. Was fantastic last time. Packages look great I will be going for the alpha packages. Great value. Nice work guys.

hey andy is it possible just to buy a ticket to club night for the swmbo as im going to be down there for a wedding that weekend. im most likely going to the friday, club night and if i can squeeze it in some of saturday morning if im well enough

I was of the opinion that last ANHC club night was not dependant on an individual going to the conference. It was a great gathering of clubs and members to show their wares off. (so to speak)

BYB

dont worry ill be there with the isb boys

The packages look good and I think I will be going the whole hog - pending negotiations with the minister for war and finances!!

Well i had mine 'cleared' tonight. As soon as i said "the packages have been announced for ANHC" i was told.. "so you are doing everything right? Dont miss out on anything!"

SWMBO was pissed she couldnt get herself a ticket just to the beer and food pairing dinner. Although shes still interested in the Gala. :beerbang:

Party on Wayne.. Party on Garth!

Fourstar, if it turns out we have seats available for the pairing dinner then we'll release them separately, however it has been a sell out the last two years, so that doesn't feel likely...

Barls, we're currently looking at how to manage club night for non-participants. We are hoping to make the night run longer, but we're probably going to have a limit on the total number in the venue and so may need some way to control this.

Once we have a plan we'll let everyone know - if it's at all possible I'd love to encourage SO participation ;-)

Andy

thanks for answering andy, as i said ill be down there for a wedding that week so im just trying to get the wife in to club night without having to pay for the rest as i know she wont be interested in the rest.
im about to start fermenting the contents of my keg for club night soon. ive got it brewed and im sure it will be a hit.

thanks for answering andy, as i said ill be down there for a wedding that week so im just trying to get the wife in to club night without having to pay for the rest as i know she wont be interested in the rest.
im about to start fermenting the contents of my keg for club night soon. ive got it brewed and im sure it will be a hit.

then we'll have her parents there too and there goes the drinking night ............ just like last time at your place.

Interestingly in 2080 the Club Night wasn't too crowded (or was I that pissed) but being first time around probably didn't really mean much to people.

Andy, I know you'll read this, on Club Night, does any Club have to specifically tell you they are bringing a display beer down and will a list of what you will provide/ what a club needs to supply be issued? I'm just thinking after 2008 and Canberra last year, Club Night could be big with much more interest from NSW in particular.

then we'll have her parents there too and there goes the drinking night ............ just like last time at your place.

Interestingly in 2080 the Club Night wasn't too crowded (or was I that pissed) but being first time around probably didn't really mean much to people.

Andy, I know you'll read this, on Club Night, does any Club have to specifically tell you they are bringing a display beer down and will a list of what you will provide/ what a club needs to supply be issued? I'm just thinking after 2008 and Canberra last year, Club Night could be big with much more interest from NSW in particular.
actually its mates off the vw forum so no parents. i cant really leave her in the hotel that night.

actually its mates off the vw forum so no parents. i cant really leave her in the hotel that night.

If you want a real mate to help you out, I'll stay with her that night .........

or I can bring my boyfriend and he can stay with her and we'll hit the piss!

Latest posts

Back