Josie Bones - Closing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon Josie Bones were buying their beer from beercellar.com.au, that would explain the prices.

King Brown Brewing said:
Too many bars are gouging customers on beer prices, and it needs to stop if we want craft beer to be available and approachable to everyone
I always say deal direct with the brewery and get the best service and price.
I suspect their HUGE range may have let them down. 1 or 2 of each style should be ample if you choose wisely - pick a few reputable breweries and keep their stock turning over

Hey I'm not sure they were going out of business by the way....the couple of times I went there, both weeknights, the place was packed to the rafters come 7pm. It wasn't a big place, but given what people were paying for the food and drink, they would have been taking in some fair coin each night.

They may have just decided to sell up and move on to something new.

The place they are going, Meatball and Wine bar are opening up a third one, maybe they have a franchise in that, beer prices are the same, nothing immoral about making a profit as long as the suppliers are looked after.

Well, I liked it, met Chris and enjoyed a very nice beer and nibbles excursion over a number of hours.

Will miss it.

Hey everyone. After going on this forum, we got their attention. One invoice was paid a couple of days later. The other was paid this morning. We didn't want to come and air our laundry here, but after the amount of time and effort going into to chasing 2 invoices, we were at wits end, and didn't want to lose our hard earned money. We've been burnt too many times by small bars not paying their bills. As they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Hopefully we didn't offend anyone here by posting.

Cheers,
Matt

matthoughton said:
Hey everyone. After going on this forum, we got their attention. One invoice was paid a couple of days later. The other was paid this morning. We didn't want to come and air our laundry here, but after the amount of time and effort going into to chasing 2 invoices, we were at wits end, and didn't want to lose our hard earned money. We've been burnt too many times by small bars not paying their bills. As they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Hopefully we didn't offend anyone here by posting.

Cheers,
Matt
I can't see why anyone would be offended.
I hope Josie Bones is prosperous too the point that everyone can make a living. It's sad to see a small business struggle,worse if they go under.

matthoughton said:

Cheers,
Matt
If anything it just shows how hard small breweries have it in Australia.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/abbott-government-increases-beer-tax-as-alcohol-drinkers-call-for-new-deal/story-fni0fit3-1226817022572

Running a line of credit is always a risk, trusting those you do it for is a must..

Paid up, great.. Paid late.. Ok.. No communication?

**** that.

After recognizing this picture posted in 'Show us your tap handles' as the entrance to Josie Bones started to wonder about the exploits of Mr Badenoch apparently sold the Josie B and ordered his brewing equipment for Boneyard from Micah Reese!
Well I don't know if the Boneyard Brewery ever got off the ground before folding (strike 4) or it did get off the ground, and then folded, but I wonder what the resilient Mr Badenoch will do this year.
post-25941-0-38149800-1469402794_thumb.jpeg

It got off the ground. Their beer isn't everywhere but it's around.

Well I take it back. Looks like Boneyard has gone belly up too. Maybe he should quit while he's behind.

Shame. Their golden ale wasn't bad.

Seems like he and Julia have moved and are living on a Danish island (Bornholm) in the Baltic sea. Left May 4th this year

oops, too late ^^^

Latest posts

Back