Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I whipped out my gun .....err phone and clicked 3, one of which is a pic of the floor another shows me n another funny guy and the third has us almost losing heads in the frame. Where are the pro pictures! 4* took some iirc.

also got.great feed back on my braggot

+1 for the braggot!

The eisbock was also another standout for me from club night - well done!

I assume you hit the BABB table? I was sober until 11:30, next thing i know its midnight and im posing for pictures spread out ontop of the babbs table. :blink:

What the hell did they put in those Belgians?!?

That would have been the blessed holy water :ph34r: :D

Thanks to all the organisers, speakers, sponsors and fellow homebrewers for a fantastic weekend!

Cheers,
Brother tallie

Here is one of the big fella presenting the winners of the club night.

DSC03197.JPG

and one of the nicest and most gorgeous barmaids ever Gabrielle, at The Penny Blue.

DSC03166.JPG

cheers

Browndog

What a brilliant weekend. Many happy memories blurred by alcohol. The beer everywhere was great. Fantastic to meet and talk to brewers. So many faces, many names forgotten. But the comradeship was fantastic.

If there is to be a 2012 ANHC we won't know for a while yet (lots of Chinese whispers). What is confirmed is ADELAIDE 2011 for the AABC. Let's all look at supporting the organisers and look at getting to Adelaide next year. I suggest that Club Night is now an annual event so start planning next year's antics now!

Waiting for the official photos to be linked to the ANHC site - should be some doosies.

Let's all look at supporting the organisers and look at getting to Adelaide next year. I suggest that Club Night is now an annual event so start planning next year's antics now!

Yes indeed, we hope to put on a good show.

Ohhh my head! What a weekend! Had an absolute blast - amazing beers, food and company. Randy Mosher and Gordon Strong were the most friendly, generous keynote speakers of any conference I've ever been to.

Congratulations to Andy and his team for such a superb effort. You guys did a fantastic job and deserve a holiday!

Great meeting up with all the AHB guys - some I've known for 8 years but met only for the first time.

Can't wait for 2012!

Photos to come........

Cheers - Snow.

Had an awesome time at ANHC the pairing dinner was the duck nuts for me, absolutely unbeatable. Also experinced first hand why Victorians called wet back at the pairing dinner along with a few other on my table, thankfully for the waiting staff Brewers are avery forgiving lot. The quality of the beer and food all weekend was outstanding with the deep fried beer battered cheese stuffed pickled jalapeno leaving their mark with me in many ways. Really got a lot out of the event and enjoyed meeting and chatting of people I've never before from here.

Congrats to all involved you put on a brilliant show!!!

Fantastic conference, Randy's talks were absolute highlights, and club night must have been one of my best beer-related experiences ever.

Cheers all!

Jon

I assume you hit the BABB table? I was sober until 11:30, next thing i know its midnight and im posing for pictures spread out ontop of the babbs table. :blink:

What the hell did they put in those Belgians?!?
You mean like this :)

4star.jpg

we were all waiting with permanent markers had 4* have nodded off!

You guys already gone home?

The footy was a pretty ordinary game, and Melbourne has really turned the weather on this week. But Crown kept us going till all hours. Races tomorrow, cricket Wednesday. Bring it on!

The ICB stand with all the randalls was a great idea. I think I had lemongrass saison. The BABBS sour beers, Barls braggot, and the Worthogs honey hog were memorable too.

Great info at the talks and general chatting in and around the conference. I picked up plenty of stuff to take back to the brewery when I get home. Looking forward to firing up the boiler when I get back to a city that actually has a Spring.

Thanks to Andy and all the organisers. Hope you guys are relaxing with a few well earned beers now.

Back at work today & couldn't believe that there was not any beer on offer at morning tea :angry: I needed to top up my RA (residual alcohol) level B)

Fantastic few days with great company. The food & beer pairing dinner was probably the best meal I've eaten :beer:

Big ups to the organisers

It's kinda annoying that I have to bring it up, but... ;)

A room of over 250 brewers, with a fair proportion of accredited and training beer judges considered a BIAB-brewed beer to be 'better' than the same beer brewed on HERMS and Gravity systems as part of the System Wars presentation.

Now, that has got to be worth the price of admission from the point of view of the online community who developed and/or popularised the technique.

Take home message..keep brewing BIAB (apologies to "The Prince")

well done Canberra boys cant run the country but can brew apparently! wink.gif nice work fellas.

Of course as any keen observer knows its the states that are basket cases !!!! [insert smiley]

K

I'll join you in Adelaide next year !

Batz

What a brilliant weekend. Many happy memories blurred by alcohol. The beer everywhere was great. Fantastic to meet and talk to brewers. So many faces, many names forgotten. But the comradeship was fantastic.

If there is to be a 2012 ANHC we won't know for a while yet (lots of Chinese whispers). What is confirmed is ADELAIDE 2011 for the AABC. Let's all look at supporting the organisers and look at getting to Adelaide next year. I suggest that Club Night is now an annual event so start planning next year's antics now!

Waiting for the official photos to be linked to the ANHC site - should be some doosies.

Hopefully if clubnight does happen again next year that you have more luck getting your beer over the border in better nick. You seemed disappointed but then again happy. Great to catch up again and remember to drop in for a night in the Barossa when here. Oh btw what Canberra Brewer did you hit over the head, I'm sure you had a CB shirt on at Biero? Was it Dicko's?

BYB

Nowhere to hide now 4*, revealed for all to see in your true persona of a gorgeous cuddly hunk. Pray that ANHB won't move to Brisbane as you will be in serious trouble from Incider :ph34r:

and one of the nicest and most gorgeous barmaids ever Gabrielle, at The Penny Blue.

View attachment 41775

cheers

Browndog

Great to see you had a top time old mate. Really sorry to have missed you and the others. Doubly sorry after that pic :wub:. Loved the merry monks though I doubt Gabrielle had the same sentiments ;).

Congrats to the organisers - it looks like it was a winner! (Apologies again that I couldn't make it and next time, I will work out how to post your logo thingo up on BIABrewer.info - it has been on my list of things to do for ages sorry :rolleyes:)

Good on you BIAB brewers (Dan, Geoff, not sure who else?) for getting in there and presenting BIAB beers to the participants. It sounds like you did a splendid job though it looks like you have upset mika :eek:. (mika, next Perth brew day's at my place - the last thing you'll see is astringency - blink. Arrive early for your education and then spanking but not by Gabrielle - huh)

wink
Pat

P.S. Too many emoticons apparently. Please accept my substitutions.

Latest posts

Back