Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a crazy week. I slept like a little lamb lastnight.

T'was a great night everyone... great people, great beers and no hangover to speak of.
no hangover here but had a ball putting faces to names. also got.great feed back on my braggot

Did you guys actually drink?!

I'm prolly lucky to get the lift back home, wouldn't have made it otherwise. My head fukin is hurting bad. Great ppl last night, awesome beer.

I assume you hit the BABB table? I was sober until 11:30, next thing i know its midnight and im posing for pictures spread out ontop of the babbs table. :blink:

What the hell did they put in those Belgians?!?

Saturday morning was pretty fun, didnt sober up until around lunchtime and i did a little bit of 'redecorating' at parliament stations Japanese garden. :icon_vomit:

Crazy week, now its time to avoid beer for awhile. At least until that vital organ in my body begins to resemble a liver.

I remember drinking all three saisons, the Russian imperial from westgate, the braggot and the amazing Berliner pils. Well, that's until I went and tried the orange stuff and the hoc orange stuff and all the Belgians at the table next to them, memory is rather foggy from there on.

I'm giving myself the fresh ground coffee treatment today to let my senses recover, after all, tomorrow is Monday!

I'll be sure to give parliament a wide berth, thnx :p you sure it. Was parliament, the place was next to flagstaff?!

I'll have more to say later but for now, what a great long weekend!

Thanks to all involved both in organising and attending for yet another absolutely brilliant experience!

Wow, what a crazy week. I slept like a little lamb lastnight.

Did you guys actually drink?!
quite a bit ask the boys about the braggot pours they just keeped bigger towards the end of.the nite. i know i had at least 9 braggots plus most of the belgians

That Braggot was pretty damn awesome Barls.
Rhubarb Lambic, I still don't get how you picked up that much flavour in 3 weeks.
Red things from the board, all were good, and the Rye IPA.
Leatherwood Honey minus the improvised Randall...noice !
Buggy porter, flanders ale and stuff I don't mention, whilst chatting to a Weiz guy.
Who drank all the eis, not me, but I had a crack. Beautiful. When concentrating a beer like that you concentrate the flaws, but that beer had none, not a fusuel to be found. Listening to the BN obviously pays off.
Orange stuff from BABBS... Pussy ! Come back next time with something more sour ;)

Loved it all. Great conference. Next time I might even try to get some of my own beers either to the competition or that AABC championship thing they were talking about on Saturday night :party:

back in Adelaide and feeling so tired it hurts, almost hurts as much as S.A being beaten by QLD at aabc :blink:
Wonderfully impressive several days in Melbourne, cheers to everyone.

Jayse

That Braggot was pretty damn awesome Barls.
Rhubarb Lambic, I still don't get how you picked up that much flavour in 3 weeks.
Red things from the board, all were good, and the Rye IPA.
Leatherwood Honey minus the improvised Randall...noice !
Buggy porter, flanders ale and stuff I don't mention, whilst chatting to a Weiz guy.
Who drank all the eis, not me, but I had a crack. Beautiful. When concentrating a beer like that you concentrate the flaws, but that beer had none, not a fusuel to be found. Listening to the BN obviously pays off.
Orange stuff from BABBS... Pussy ! Come back next time with something more sour ;)

Loved it all. Great conference. Next time I might even try to get some of my own beers either to the competition or that AABC championship thing they were talking about on Saturday night :party:
No worries Mika. Next time I'll blend something just for you... ;) :)

What a massive weekend! Well done to the organisers, this was a fantastically run conference full of all sorts of goodies. I am finding it hard to get back into real life now. It was great meeting so many fellow brewers too.

Cheers
Starkesbier

Andy D and all the rest of you guys who organised this, I cannot express how awesome I think you guys are. For a bunch of home brewers, you are men of many talents and I doffs my cap to you. I thought I better post this pic of the brothers assembled downstairs.

DSC03188.JPG

cheers

Browndog

The_Brothers.jpg

Now THAT.................... is ******* Funny :lol:

Well done brothers!!!

Screwy

GOLD

Lol , good work QLD brothers .. Snow & Browny so serious,lol ... and Ross looking very friar tuckish..

great stuff . looks like you all had a great trip down south and showed the rest of Oz why we have the best of good times and beers in Qld..

cheers

Andy D and all the rest of you guys who organised this, I cannot express how awesome I think you guys are. For a bunch of home brewers, you are men of many talents and I doffs my cap to you. I thought I better post this pic of the brothers assembled downstairs.

View attachment 41765

cheers

Browndog

Fantastic brothers !

Shows that at least the Queenslanders are serious about these things!

Well done.

Batz

Fantastic brothers !

Shows that at least the Queenslanders are serious about these things!

Well done.

Batz

The response for club night this year was brilliant. Everyone got behind it. After all we couldn't let WA have it all their own way this time :)

The response for club night this year was brilliant. Everyone got behind it. After all we couldn't let WA have it all their own way this time :)

The best thing about the winners (ICB) was the plug and play randalls. simply awesome. Ive soo got to get some of those jars and try this. it looks like the simplest randall setup you can use. and couple that with some watertight under minimal pressure cable glands and you're onto a winner.

When i get some time i'll upload some pics. I really wanted to try the Star Anise randalled Saison. The cumquat via the saison was delicious.

Great work ThirstyBoy!

:icon_chickcheers:

the icb beer on NO2 was also pretty bloody nice. cant remember for the life of me what it was though. i cant remembeer what the randalls looked liek so yeah put some pics up.

any pics of our 'mexican' contingent yet?

Back