Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But more to the point it helped QLD move from last in previous years to 3rd. BABBs played a huge part of course and congrats to them too.
[/quote]
Absolutely! Congratulations to all QLD brewers. Well done to those QLDers to get there in the first place.
Thats my goal for next year, just to quallify for Nats ist something to be proud of.
Daz

I had a fantastic time at the conference .The organisation was brilliant and must have been a huge job.

All the presenters were interesting, especially Mark Hibbards brewing salts talk the cooking demo and the systems war.

The food and beer at the pairing dinner was amazing. :icon_drool2:

The only part that i didnt completely enjoy was the actual presentations, they seemed a bit rushed and not considered very important by a lot of people who talked continuously making it very hard to hear.

Also a huge thanks to the Barossa boys Murcluf, BYB and Kingy for holding my hand and showing me around Melbourne it was a great weekend. :beerbang:

did anyone get a shot of the isb banner and stand?
i was meant to but forgot.

my two cents...

New Melbourne Brewers banner in all its glory
DSCN2088.jpg

PracticalFool Enjoying the Night.
DSCN2092.jpg

Personal Favourite, Randy Mosher pulling one of my Red Rice Ales :icon_cheers:
DSCN2096.jpg

The Riggwelter Handpump and the Melbourne Brewers world tour!! :beerbang:
DSCN2110.jpg

Finally, another money shot of the mini randalls. I think this one was star anise porter.
DSCN2117.jpg

http://sarahandersonphotography.zenfolio.com/anhc

A linky to some photo's from the weekend.

Absolutely brilliant weekend, both for info & fun. well done everyone

I dont know how many people said: "Jeez this conference is so good I regret missing the first one" - me included. Go & buy the DVD folks.

yet alas none from clubnight as yet. I assume she was the lass walking around taking pics of every drunk stupidly dressed person (me incl).

Yes CM2 that was Sarah
Add the webpage to your favourites & go back & check it from time to time, to see what else she adds to it.

PS: are you any more photogenic when you're sober? :p

By memory this is what it looked like at the end of the night.

HPIM0108.jpg

Andy D and all the rest of you guys who organised this, I cannot express how awesome I think you guys are. For a bunch of home brewers, you are men of many talents and I doffs my cap to you. I thought I better post this pic of the brothers assembled downstairs.

View attachment 41765
post_226_1288526122_thumb.jpg

cheers

Browndog

Did I see some of these blokes on Chanel 9, smuggling home brew into the Melbourne Cup?

My brewing inspiration is in overdrive after ANHC. Jumped straight into the brew-shed yesterday and went nuts.
Am more obsessed with my brewing than I was before and it's all ANHC's fault!

Things that really floated my boat:

- Meeting some awesome brew dudes and picking brains on beers from everywhere from the Hunter Valley to Brisbane and beyond
- Food & Pairing Dinner. Someone give me more of that Tripel with Souffle and Hibiscus Beer with dessert. Please! To think this stuff is made in people's laundries, balconies and sheds is damn near unbelieveable.
- International discussions. Enjoyed Randy's book 'Radical Brewing' previously, but hearing him speak confirmed the guy is an incredible researcher with a passion to the craft. His statement 'Beer created civilisation' was a ripper. His suggestions on brewing spices was a treat. A mountain of ideas in this guy.
- Learning more about cleaning than I ever wanted to courtesy of Five Star chemicals. I will never repeat the same sins again.
- Water Chemistry from Mark Hibberd. This has got me on a path that I'm not going to get off now. Sampling a treated and untreated sample of stout was a real eye-opener. I know this stuff takes time but it takes beers to the next level. Now I know because I got to taste it!
- Club night - it's been said already. The party vibe, the awesome beer to fuel it. If you only go to this, then you're miles in front.
- Merc & Badenoch's food & beer pairing. Holgate Temptress in a chocolate sauce with spanish donuts? Yum! Beechworth Hefe glaze on pork? Yum Yum!
- The craft beers on tap at every break. I was like a kid in a candy store. 10 am drinking - you've gotta love it.

Having never been before, was blown away by this event. A huge thanks to everyone involved, truly amazing, incredibly inspiring. I'll be back for more.

Cheers & beers,

Hopper.

Also a huge thanks to the Barossa boys Murcluf, BYB and Kingy for holding my hand and showing me around Melbourne it was a great weekend. :beerbang:
Anytime Champ Anytime really enjoyed you company especially at the dinners !!!! :icon_drool2:

I had a cracking time....
My body is now full of cold and sore throat....
Surely not becuase i got home at 3 am both Fri and Saturday... :ph34r:
For me , like everyone , the conference was brilliant.....and as always like this type of stuff...its the people that made it...
Having said that...the beers were brilliant....
And like Hopper....i'm brewing madly...i'm gonna push out 80 litres tomorrow....
I have spoken to Bryce from Bayside and Andy D about us Victorians having club night again next year...not as anything other than the clubs getting together and having a night together...(but maybe with more food than a slice of pizza... :lol: )
Gordon Strong was so aproachable....Randy -Inspirational...
Gee , i reckon it was probably the best homebrew conference in the world....
And to all the interstaters i met...thank-you for making it along and being part of it all...your all tops...
Peace out
Ferg

I have spoken to Bryce from Bayside and Andy D about us Victorians having club night again next year...not as anything other than the clubs getting together and having a night together...

All of the drinkin', but none of the learnin'

Sounds like a winner to me :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back