Herald Sun Tac Supercoach

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
righteo, cashed in a player and upgraded another.

bring on Doctor bang.

wow, wasn't expecting to have a win, I'll be back on track once Fletcher comes back in. Trying to hold off on trades, I think I only have 10 left

I trade early to cash in new players and upgrade and leave a 6-8 trades for unexpected outs, injuries for example.

I am pretty happy with my side now. Should get me a bottle of English Barleywine :icon_cheers:

I trade early to cash in new players and upgrade and leave a 6-8 trades for unexpected outs, injuries for example.

I am pretty happy with my side now. Should get me a bottle of English Barleywine :icon_cheers:

Still got 2 trades up my sleeve for this week. Need to get a defender that can last for than a few weeks before getting injured.

Had a look at your team Kirem at its going to be a close one me thinks.

Am looking forward to a nice warming RIS in front of the fire...... :icon_drool2:

It is the age old question, to trade or not to trade...!

Hoping for the return of some of my players this week...

2 more trades used, down to 7 remaining for the season but like you Kirem, started off with quite a few promising rookies that i watched in action during the NAB cup who have earned me plenty of cash so have been cashing them in for bigger stars.

Am hopeful of returning to the 2000+ club this weekend

Kirk - need to go shopping for a glass that will do your RIS justice....:icon_cheers:

2 more trades used, down to 7 remaining for the season but like you Kirem, started off with quite a few promising rookies that i watched in action during the NAB cup who have earned me plenty of cash so have been cashing them in for bigger stars.

Am hopeful of returning to the 2000+ club this weekend

Kirk - need to go shopping for a glass that will do your RIS justice.... :icon_cheers:

I collect and drink Thomas Hardy Barleywine, hope yours is up to the standard.

Are we talking 750mL bottle?

I foolishly bottled half the batch in 750mL bottles.

Thomas Hardy? :ph34r:

Christ, i had better win then.....

If D.Kerr can stop the clangers (last week he had 26 touches but only scored 23 due to 8 bloody clangers!) my midfield is starting to look pretty strong.

I know about TH ales Kirem altho i ahve never had one.

Just hoping i win so i dont have send my 1st ever barleywine to a seasoned veteran of barleywines and probably the benchmark for this style.....

EDIT - i reckon this game will come down to who chooses their captain correctly. I am yet to do it this season altho i do still pick players who are scoring 100 odd but not the 180s that would effectively put me a man or 2 up.

I know about TH ales Kirem altho i ahve never had one.

Just hoping i win so i dont have send my 1st ever barleywine to a seasoned veteran of barleywines and probably the benchmark for this style.....

EDIT - i reckon this game will come down to who chooses their captain correctly. I am yet to do it this season altho i do still pick players who are scoring 100 odd but not the 180s that would effectively put me a man or 2 up.

I wasn't suggesting you didn't know, it is just a good link incase you need purchase something :)

Yep, I have gone out on a limb and picked a new captain to try and get the extra points.

Ok, I am feeling confident and going to turn up the bet on this one, how about a bottle of Island Brew in the mix.

well played Dr Mad. A bottle of RIS coming your way.

Franklin is gone, traded him out this morning, let me down once too many.

well played Dr Mad. A bottle of RIS coming your way.

Franklin is gone, traded him out this morning, let me down once too many.

That is very early in the week to trade! I must admit I only picked buddy up last week, after he had already dropped 100+ k. He obviously had a blinder last year, and this year is stinking up sides big time.

So much for the Hawks starting to build momentum... they only played well against my boys the Blues, then have done not too much since. Bl00dy typical!

I had 3 donuts this week due to players pulling out at the last minute... some bench coverage, but could always have more!

That is very early in the week to trade! I must admit I only picked buddy up last week, after he had already dropped 100+ k. He obviously had a blinder last year, and this year is stinking up sides big time.

So much for the Hawks starting to build momentum... they only played well against my boys the Blues, then have done not too much since. Bl00dy typical!

I had 3 donuts this week due to players pulling out at the last minute... some bench coverage, but could always have more!

Well he bloody deserved it. I know it is early, but I flicked him the bird.

I hate these extended rounds. Too many maybes...

Will be another close 1 this week, can i bring the Ravens unbeaten run to an end?

Are we wagering a bottle or two of our finest on it Dr S?

I have some freshly bottled Robust Porter that should be quite tasty in a months time or so...

Only made one trade this week, but am tempted to ditch Cornes... 4-6 with a knee is a loooong time in this game... :icon_cheers:

I'm not that confident Raven! :unsure:

Your team looks pretty good and you have a few big ins this week....

I decided against trades as it looks like i may field a full team this week (assuming players listed as playing actually play...... <_< ) rather than the weekly collection of donuts. Only have 6 trades left so will hang on to them for a while.

Make sure you save some porter for the swap day!

I'd keep Cornes. He'll be back and he is a lynchpin for the power, albeit one very ugly one....

I've hung on to a few with injuries, the main one being Hodge. He's back and earlier than i expected.

I got rid of Cornes. I agree 4-6 weeks is too long in Supercoach.

I see Nahas is out as well, my side is falling apart......

If you got nahas at the start then you will have made 240K on him so can easily throw him away and use the cash for someone better. Have done with with quite a few rookies who have enabled me to get the guns into my side (if only they fired occasionally....)

I've had kyle cheney since day 1, not sure why i have hung on to him but hopefully that patience will be rewarded soon

Back