Hag 2008 Xmas In July Case Swap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree totally Tony. +1 for setting Keiths offered time and date in stone.

Cheers

Date and venue are perfect for me. Thanks Keith for the offer.

Lock it in Eddie.
I had better get working on the beer credits that my wife will require before letting me out to play for the day.

I thought it was "Lock it in Larry"?

:unsure: :p

Just tell her you going to buy her flowers and come home drunk with 28 bottles of beer.

She will love you forever :)

+1 for that date (as if it hadn't been decided yet). No idea of what I'm brewing yet...

I agree totally Tony. +1 for setting Keiths offered time and date in stone.

Cheers
Just like the sword in the stone,...and Merlin... from Big Brother... a few years back.

Seriously, can we not talk about Keith's d@te.

Apart from that, I'd like to add my support to the timing of this event. I'll plan around it.

someone, please remind me to bring my letter from work, which permits me to indulge in "outside employment" as a beer judge (unpaid work).

So, can someone pm me & advise what is available at Mark's with regard to malted grains? I was hoping for enough to make a Helles weizenbock, the bier of German goats. It'll have to be called Starkbierzeit Weizenhellbock. I can do an Imperial Witbier if we're low on pale or pils...top up the grain bill with rolled wheat and some oats. I was planning a double batch of Grand Cru (not for the case), which will prob have to wait.
Would prefer to make a weizenbock, as I will have a yeast-cake soon. Just pitched another ~2l culture of W3638 into about 25 l of wort for another Schneider clone. I hope I'll never tire of it. Just about everyone who's tasted it agrees with that summation.
I can always make an Arrogant clone with amber DME. Anyone keen? Maybe you're not worthy, or you prefer beer that has a huge expensive advertising campaign with tongues crawling out of your mouth during sleep to search for some addictive substance known as TED. The adventures of Mister Tung.

Enough for now.

Les out :p

If you cant make it for work, have a sickie!

If you cant do that, im sure someone will take your case and swap it for you!.

I know it sounds harsh but the next 4 weeks of............ oh i have to work that day, oh its a bit far to drive, ect ect is going to get tedious.

ohh, I have to work that day. Can't we make it onother day? :p

Only kidding.

Seriously though, I do have to work that day. <_<

I'll get out of it somehow.
Cheers, Duane.

Sounds good - thanks Keith.

Kids have soccer in the morning so I can't make it until 12ish.

Do we have a drop off point for maybe the weekend before?

:icon_cheers:

ohh, I have to work that day. Can't we make it onother day? :p

Only kidding.

Seriously though, I do have to work that day. <_<

I'll get out of it somehow.
Cheers, Duane.

Gee mate............ your looking a bit pale.

just breath in some icing sugar as your boss walks past on friday and cough your guts up.

Your in! :)

Gee mate............ your looking a bit pale.

just breath in some icing sugar as your boss walks past on friday and cough your guts up.

Your in! :)

Yeah it'd probably work better than pepper. I snorted a bunch of pepper once for some kind of dare, and it doesn't make you sneeze as hard as u might expect... :unsure:

Gday all
Its been a while since I visted this thread, but after reading this page, it looks like the wonderful Keith has given us a place and time (notice I didnt say date) to do the swap. It would be a great day, but alas, I will be drunk as a skunk on high quality canadian IIPA's on that day - and probably that time too!
I still dont know what I am brewing, maybe it will end up being an english bitter, as that is something ya can drink at garage temp on a friday night in winter, hopefully watching the Knights win on the tv. The earliest I will be able to put down the bitter is about June 22, so that could work out well. I will just leave my cases at Marks if that is OK by him, and pick em up on my return to the country in late august.
Disappointed I wont be able to make the swap day, but I am sure I will find a way to console myself ;)
All the best
Trent

my recipe is here, in the What Are you Brewing thread.

I also mentioned the Chinese Spiral burner from MHB. Does anyone else have one? Seems pretty good to me.

Looks like a White-zen Christmas (in July) beer to me. U know I love a pun! <_<

Les out (ignoring Trent's boasting about IIPA's in Canada) :p

I also mentioned the Chinese Spiral burner from MHB. Does anyone else have one? Seems pretty good to me.
Les,

I've got one connected to an adjustable HP reg from a camping store. For a 40 litre boil, I only have to have it on the lowest setting for a reasonable boil. For me it normally boils off around 9-10L in 90 minutes.

Cheers,

David.

Les,

I've got one connected to an adjustable HP reg from a camping store. For a 40 litre boil, I only have to have it on the lowest setting for a reasonable boil. For me it normally boils off around 9-10L in 90 minutes.

Cheers,

David.
Thanks for the info, David.

I'm cooking/boiling today.
Also, saw Mark for a batch of malt/grist for my HAG swap beer. Maybe I'll give you guys the Schneider clone (my 25 litre yeast starter) and keep the weizen bock.

I hope MHB gets more malt soon. My vigour is renewed, now that I have my new gas cooker!

Beerz
Les out (and back to the multi-decoction mash).

I hope MHB gets more malt soon. My vigour is renewed, now that I have my new gas cooker!

Les,

I have heard a whisper ....

Mark has ordered a pallet from his supplier, who has ordered from their maltster so Islington should be overflowing with grain next week.

Now all we need is for you local guys to go and buy some of it so that we all get paid ;)

Dave

Back