Hag 2008 Xmas In July Case Swap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm, did U know that the mouth is full of lactobacillus?

That's right! lacto Maibock. Could be tasty!

At least U didn't offer to stir my beer for me (Old Rugby tradition). :lol:

Yes, you spelled spit correctly, but you don't need to yell. :rolleyes:

I'm still working on my entry for this. It could be the Belgian blonde I have kegged or the St Arnold's brother. 23 litres of 1.087 GSA (with the Unibroue yeast). :beer:

Beerz.

That sounds tops mate......... winter is the time for big beers!.

Lacto in the mouth hey........ sounds scary....... i may brush my teeth till they bleed tonight ;)

cheers

I remember my name being tampered with at work a few times............ i had my suspicions :)

That sounds tops mate......... winter is the time for big beers!.

Lacto in the mouth hey........ sounds scary....... i may brush my teeth till they bleed tonight ;)

cheers
brush your tongue, dude. Don't wait until your teeth bleed...
It lives in all the little crevices in your tongue, or buy a silver tongue scraper :icon_offtopic:

Back on topic. Now I'm thinking of a Winter Warmer project ale with the Matilda Bay ale yeast for collectors of fine yeasts. Does anyone have any info on this yeast?

Lestifer rolleyes_Les.gif

No mate...... first ive heard of it.

Was it a culture from a bottle?

cheers

yep, it's from a bottle of Matilda Bay real ale. Only a stubbie, I bought a long time ago. It was quite malty and I used the yeast for a Winter Warmer a while back.

It's probably the same as one of the commercial strains, but I cultured this one from the bottle.

Steve and all HAGs (scrags and dags, too) :lol: ,

I'm happy to pronounce this as the official HAG swap thread, and to add my name to the list. (at the risk of having my boy-bits removed). If necessary, we can start another thread...but why would we need to?

Coming into this late, and if you do not mind a-sort-of-hag, will try and make it into this Swap. Now, where is that Barley Wine recipe....

Scotty

So whats the swap date? If its actually july as the name suggests we still have plenty of time and I'm thinking I might jump on the bandwagon..

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy -Belgian Dubbel Wyeast 1214 Belgian Ale Yeast
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
14. Offline - Scottish Ale of some type?
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony - Maibock

Possibly

21. Scotty
22. Sammus

Is there anything concrete organised as yet? Will be putting down a Schwarzbier soon, wondering whether to bottle or keg it.
Cheers
Scott.

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy -Belgian Dubbel Wyeast 1214 Belgian Ale Yeast
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony - Maibock

Possibly

21. Scotty
22. Sammus
23. backyard brewer (if wanted)

Jump in backyard brewer, last swap we had 28 so 20 def wouldn't be the limit I'm sure.

Bottled my case swap entry today. Has there been any progress on a date & location for the swap ?.

1. Loftboy - Fat ******* Ale (Scottish Export 80/-)
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy - Belgian Dubbel Wyeast 1214 Belgian Ale Yeast
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony - Maibock

Possibly

21. Scotty
22. Sammus

I've also decided to inflict my mash paddle entry on you lot. The judges at the Hag comp thought my last Maibock was average and I completely agreed with them. I reckon I know what was wrong so I'm confident this one will be good. It hits the tun next weekend.

2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick
7. goatherder - Maibock
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony - Maibock

Possibly

21. Scotty
22. Sammus

I might dig out an old recipe for an Aussie Winter Warmer strong ale from a couple of years back.
Has plenty of unfashionable POR for those who remember what it tastes like (provided somebody still sells it :p )

2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick - Aussie Winter Warmer strong ale
7. goatherder - Maibock
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony - Maibock

Possibly

21. Scotty
22. Sammus

I'm intending to have Helles Weizenbock ready for the swap. Just have to ferment another Schneider-y ale (already brewed and sitting in no-chill vessel) and use the yeast cake. Should be a great Winter Warmer, and good practice for brewing stronger ales and lager. That is, for brew-efficiency practice, which tends to suffer on the bigger beers. Is it the Esky's fault?

Other contenders added into the list until they decide to pull the pin. OK?

2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick - Aussie Winter Warmer strong ale
7. goatherder - Maibock
8. Les the Weizguy- Weizen/Maibock (Heller Weizenbock)
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony - Maibock
21. Scotty
22. Sammus
23. backyard brewer

Oh finaly............. they are added. In or out! No fence sitting!

I racked my maibock last weekend and it was great. No infection which is suprising for me latly and is sitting in a chest freezer at 2 deg ATM.

want to CC it for another 2 or 3 weeks so early to mid july would be good. Should be ready to drink by september/october (comp season) :D .

cheers

PS.......... im assuming it will be held at marks but if not i may be able to offer up my garage in Rutherford.

No promises......... but its there as a backup if needed........ maybe

Do we have a date yet? I really need to get off my bum and brew!!! Need to finish drinking the xmas swap beers 1st....will need the bottles :p

Pok

Well, my entry is in the fermenter. Gravities were hit and the wort was crystal clear, a nice change from my recent form. Now for a nice, long, cold ferment...

C'mon you lot, let us know what you are brewing for the swap. Quietest. Swap Thread. Ever.

G'day fellow HAG's.

As some of you may know, Mark (MHB), has been a little unwell lately. I spoke to him today & he will not be in a position to offer the shop after hours for us to do the case swap.

So as a group, we need to come up with some ideas for a date, time & most importantly, a venue. How about we pick a park somewhere around the Newcastle or Maitland area. That way we do swap, have a BBQ for those who want food & generally have a relaxing get together.

Some possible locations;

- Speers Point Park or Warners Bay waterfront
- Jesmond Park
- Blackbutt Reserve
- Mount Sugarloaf
- Raymond Terrace near the river
- Morpeth or Maitland

If you all think that this is a goer, I'll start another thread in a day or so, we can vote on a date/time/location. Any other ideas or locations ?.

David.

P.S. I've added an article for our swap entries. Please post any updates to save making this thread too long.

This is the article link - http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;showarticle=54

Back