Hag 2008 Xmas In July Case Swap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok bad news.... I'm out for the days events tomorrow but will take my case to potters today and give them to Keith and Co. (well got to ring them first).

My car decided to die yesterday so unfortunately I will be forced to work otherwise the car doesnt get fixed.

I hope everyone has a good day and the beer flows nicely.

Cheers, Pok

Luck may just be on my side. Got my car back, luckilly it was nothing major. So should be back on for tomorrow :D

Cheers, Pok

Just updating my entry. Seems to have dropped off somewhere.

1. Loftboy - Fat ******* Ale (Scottish Export 80/-)
2. Schooey - Dunkel Weizenbock^2, Wyeast 3068, 6.3% abv, Bottled Mar 08, drink now
3. Pok - Bastardised Lager....other info unknown off the top of my head.
4. Peve
5. Leeboy - Munich Dunkel Wyeast Munich Lager yeast
6. Shmick - Aussie Winter Warmer strong ale
7. goatherder - Maibock. S-189, 6.4% abv. Bottled 22/6.
8. Les the Weizguy - Heller Weizenbock 9.8% ABV (Bottled 24/7/08 - I recommend 3-12 months b4 drinking) W3638
9. Tony - a hazy Belgian Trippel
10. Punter- Quaffing Pilsner WY2278 Czech Pils. (Bottled 25/7/08 so leave for a month)
11. nooch - Maibock, Wyeast 2487VSS Hella-Bock, 6.3% abv.
12. Trent - English Ordinary Bitter in stubbies, showcasing the same wort with 2 different yeasts - WY1028 and WY1098. No yeast farming available, I added a fresh slug of 1098 to each beer at priming.
13. Keith the Beer Guy
14. Offline - Scottish Ale of some type?
15. Colin
17. Onescooter - Shwartzbier. (Ready to go)
21. Scotty
23. backyard brewer - Georgetown/India Pale Ale. High hopped for that long boat journey from the lounge to the fridge...
5.8% 60 IBU ish

Hmmm, mine went missing as well.

2. Schooey - Dunkel Weizenbock^2, Wyeast 3068, 6.3% abv, Bottled Mar 08, drink now
4. Peve - Coriander Porter - 6.3%, S-04
8. Les the Weizguy - Heller Weizenbock 9.8% ABV (Bottled 24/7/08 - I recommend 3-12 months b4 drinking) W3638
10. Punter- Quaffing Pilsner WY2278 Czech Pils. (Bottled 25/7/08 so leave for a month)
12. Trent - English Ordinary Bitter in stubbies, showcasing the same wort with 2 different yeasts - WY1028 and WY1098. No yeast farming available, I added a fresh slug of 1098 to each beer at priming.
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
21. Scotty
23. backyard brewer - Georgetown/India Pale Ale. High hopped for that long boat journey from the lounge to the fridge...
5.8% 60 IBU ish
[/quote]

This may question may have an obvious answer but where at Potters are we meeting. Not being familiar with the place I would hate to rock up and have to search around for everyone.
Cheers
Scott.

At the brewery, first building on the left as you drive in.

i may be closer to 11 or 12

And onescooter................ you wont have any problem finding us :)

We will be the ones that "dont" order the taster bar of little tiny glasses :)

cheers

13. Keith - Stout ~5.5%, Wyeast 1028 London Ale (Bottled 25.07.08, Kegged Oct. 07, Brewed Sept. 07). DRINK NOW.
15. Colin
21. Scotty
5.8% 60 IBU ish

13. Keith - Stout ~5.5%, Wyeast 1028 London Ale (Bottled 25.07.08, Kegged Oct. 07, Brewed Sept. 07). DRINK NOW.
15. Colin - Vienna Lager 5.5% ABV, S-189, Carbonated but still needs a month or so in the fridge before drinking.
21. Scotty
5.8% 60 IBU ish

14. Offline - Scottish Ale Export 80 Wyeast 1728 (Bottled 22.07.08 ~ 6% ABV)
15. Colin - Vienna Lager 5.5% ABV, S-189, Carbonated but still needs a month or so in the fridge before drinking.
21. Scotty
5.8% 60 IBU ish

Man... how could I miss out on this :( Looks like some awesome beers in there! Last time it was nearly all APAs :p

Enjoy 'em folks. Hopefully I can get my sh!t sorted for next time.

The list for the swap looks sweet, can't wait!! Agree'd Sammus last time was mostly APA's, this looks so much more appealing. I guess the winter beers have come out this time!!
See you all there.

Hey guys, was just thinking that there would be a lot of people going up to potters for the day and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a lift. i am very much willing to pay for petrol just thought it would be nice to have a couple of drinks. Anyway I live in Waratah, but can get myself to anywhere around newie at whatever time suits.

Let me know by PM if anyone can, I'll check regularly over the next few hours.
Lee

Hey guys
I guess the swap is on now, so I just thought I would update my beer to say ready to drink now.
Hope ya's had a fun day at potters, I am about to crack a bottle of Brooklyn-Schneider hopfen Weisse - a combo effort from brooklyn and schneider of a weizen bock that has been dry hopped with Amarillo and Palisade. Interesting. And all this after visiting an ice cream shop with 218 flavours today - ranging from "pear, gorgonzola and blue cheese" to "roasted garlic" to "papaya and raspberry" to "black sesame" to "balsamic vinegar" and EVERYTHING in between. I had "chocolate and basil" - surprisingly good.
Enjoy the beers
Trent

12. Trent - English Ordinary Bitter in stubbies, showcasing the same wort with 2 different yeasts - WY1028 and WY1098. No yeast farming available, I added a fresh slug of 1098 to each beer at priming. ready to drink.
14. Offline - Scottish Ale Export 80 Wyeast 1728 (Bottled 22.07.08 ~ 6% ABV)
21. Scotty
5.8% 60 IBU ish

Alrighty well just got home and have to say the day was good. even if only a small few hang around for lunch (myself, les, thirstywhench and goatherder).

Was good to have a look around the brewery at Potter's (thanks Craig) and to taste a few of the local beers (cheers to both Keith and Craig).

Hoping all the beers are as good as the company (or may better :p). Hope everyone enjoyed there day, even if some where fly bys.

Cheers, Pok

P.S Thanks again Keith and Craig for allowing us to utilise your hospitality, I'm sure it was greatly appreciated by all.

Yep a big thumbs up to the potters crew for thier hospitality and continued home brewer support.

Keith........ the beers were fantastic, thanks mate.

Looking forward to all the swap beers :)

Got the brewery bug and mashing in an american brown ale right now! I couldnt resist.

cheers

Many thanks to Keith & the crew @ Potters for their hospitality today, it was much appreciated. The beers were great as well.

Yep. Ditto all the above, many thanks Keith for the organisation of the venue and for the hospitality and beers. Apologies I couldn't stick around for a feed, had to get home for Dad duty.

Thanks to everyone in the HAG group for your efforts too guys, looking forward to drinking this list in a big way. Cheers! :beer:

Trent: I have your case and I'll drop it at MHB's place some time in the next week or two, unless.....You have heard of spontaneous evaporation, haven't you?

Great day! That Scottish 80 shilling was pretty good damn good i thought. Big thumbs up to Keith for the wonderful hospitality. We are a very lucky group of home brewers to have the support of both 1 a brewshop MHB and 2 a local micro Potters.

Very much appreciated the company and the beers, looking forward to sampling the swap, hearing recipes and giving/recieveing feedback!!!
Lee

Back