Eoi: Wa Xmas Case Swap Nov 27th

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinkas

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am concerned about the possibility of the WA Xmas case coming to an end,

As it is one the the 3 or 4 things that make my life worth living, I want to see it continue

Just want to see if there is enough interest to continue the tradition

GL ( and better half) have busted a gut on his event for many years, and deserves and rest.

I have nothing like the facitilies that GL has to offer, but am happy to host the event, in conjunction with a Yankee Thanks-giving day feast.

If there is a xmas case already in progress that I am unaware of, my apologies,

The event would be in Bicton, near Fremantle

Cheers

Case

I've never been involved in a case swap - is it just a matter of getting 24 stubbies together for the day. All the same brew or a variety? Assuming it get's divided up amongst other swappers so is there a minimum amount of same type required?

Depending on numbers I could possibly hold the event as the new bar will have been in use for a month or so by that time and issues ironed out - 5 taps and 2 engines. Live right next to east guildford train station. Would need approval from SWMBO

Interest registered :icon_cheers: .

I agree Case, Simon and Fleur have put in the hard yards. Thanks for stepping up to the mark (and CDB). Typically it's another week or two before the PM's start flying so I'm unsure if GL was keen to continue hosting what is probably the most enjoyable event that pops up on my calendar :)
Cheers
Doug

would love to finally meet a few of you blokes and have a beer so id be in for sure :icon_chickcheers:

on another note does anyone round here do anything for oktoberfest?

not that im german but any excuse to drink beer ey :lol:

I'd definitely be interested again. I still can't stop raving about some of the beers I got to try from the last one...Except maybe that beer of 200+ IBU ;) Just kidding.

cdbrown: Basically make a batch of your best (24x750ml PETs), bring it, and go home with 23x750ml bottles from 23 different brewers.

Ooh this sounds fun! Going by the samples given to me recently I would be keen to try some more of peoples best brews!

Who ever gave me the steam beer; very nice! The Bo Pils was great too and the stout... Still have a couple others left to sample. Cheers! :chug:

Guess I better get my hands on a heap of 750ml PETs - where's the best place?

This post was made, simply because as far as I know, GL is not undertaking the event,
if someone has already started one, great, I just wanted to get the ball rolling by offering up to have the thing,

Interest registered, but current commitments would make the 27th of Nov difficult, if not impossible. A later date would suit better, otherwise I may just have to be an attendee rather than a participant... not that many will miss my rushed and previously questionable contributions.

Obviously if the Cap'n decides to host again, I will obey his stern command :)

I would be interested! I am not sure if the beer I was giving out would compare to what I'd be receiving though......

Hi Case
Well done on stepping up to the plate, I have no idea what I will be doing on the 27th but can hopefully get a beer brewed by then as it heaps of time by my standards.

In regard to the Yankee thanksgiving feast it looks like deep fried turkey is off the menu as the pimped out version of the turkey frying pot that made its debut last year has now become the main component of GL's mates brew rig :( Unless someone else has a spare 50L cylindrical object?

I have a nasa, fryer and seppo ready to fry some chit, so no worries there

I'd be keen, never been to a case swap. It'd be great to meet a few brewers and swap some of my poison beers.
Cheers, John.

I've roped in my brother and brother in law for the swap. Also purchased 2x boxes of the coopers PETs so have enough for the swap.

is this still happening if so can i get a few details like what i need to bring etc

do i need to mature the beer for the swap or is it a fresh brew thing?

Details here

PM Sinkas, although the case swap is officially closed, I think there was a spot left before the maximum number of 'n' was reached

I didn't even see the other topic start up. Darn shame as myself and some friends were keen. I guess there's always next year.

maybe you should start a second xmas case swap

I have not announced the final person invoved, as while they were the first to pm, they have not since yet responded, so will give them another few days.

Latest posts

Back