Dedicated Braumeister Guide, Problems & Solution Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weal, mine arrived ex Germany in 5 days via DHL, I hadn't told the wife I'd bought it!! The box was so good I've kept it haha...
Mine came through the post without a scratch, better quality packaging than what the Chinese use, although the Chinese line their boxes with ply.

Did my first batch on the BM50+ on the weekend :)

What a nice machine.

I definately need a better/lower stand for it. Was googling about, when I bumped into a facebook post from Spiedel from last week.

Rolling tray for BM50. Has extra height to make it easier to get to the pumps etc, has drain/drip tray functionality, with a bung.

Supposedly due out in October.

70619506_10157798601966133_5977161644877283328_o.jpg

69809179_10157798602076133_6212022551250468864_o.jpg

69644836_10157798602096133_836804395428478976_o.jpg

Wow, I’d love that model with the bottom tap. I do love these machines but don’t like the amount of waste left behind, certainly too much to justify using the short malt pipes.

Attachments

• 5116AFDC-3A6C-44CB-B752-DD76AF1D13FB.jpeg
    5116AFDC-3A6C-44CB-B752-DD76AF1D13FB.jpeg
    664 KB · Views: 94
I’d love that model with the bottom tap

I found it worked quite nicely when hosing out the trub.

If I had the BM raised up off the platform, like the above roller-dolley, I probably could've cleaned the pumps without inverting the unit.

Still working on process of course

Hi BM'ers, got a BM20 and recently it has lost it's sound, anybody came across this before? G&G are on the case and waiting for a response from Germany so thought I would put this out there in the meantime.
Any help appreciated.

Hi BM'ers, got a BM20 and recently it has lost it's sound, anybody came across this before? G&G are on the case and waiting for a response from Germany so thought I would put this out there in the meantime.
Any help appreciated.
I was in the midst of an explosion, high pitched sounds I can no longer hear, that goes for the washing machine too. My wife has to tell me when it starts to beep. (The BM not the washing machine that's her department)

So, I received my "Wort Pump Device 50L", it should solve a niggle I have with my setup, and I didn't want to get my march pump and all its plumbing out on a brew day if I don't need to.

...I find it helps if you pronounce it with a german accent...

Anyway, it had two sets of pump plugs in it... and the picture shows this too...

Anyone know why? All I can think is its so that you can be mashing in one BM50, while you Vurt Poomp from another :-\

Review: http://www.lindhcraftbeer.com/2018/06/speidel-wort-pump-device/

(I learned there is an indentation to assist with placement)

abpumpvorrichtung-50-liter.jpg

it had two sets of pump plugs in it... and the picture shows this too...

Anyone know why? All I can think is its so that you can be mashing in one BM50, while you Vurt Poomp from another :-\

Thinking on this some more, I believe you're meant to use all four in the BM, and the reason for the pump plugs on the inlet side is to restrict hop debrid/hot break etc from entering the pump. It'd act a bit like a raised pickup.

German Engineering I guess.

I would have thought they would have put up a video of how it will work, it still isn't clear to me what the purpose is. If the vessel is full of wort how can it be set up?

I would have thought they would have put up a video of how it will work, it still isn't clear to me what the purpose is. If the vessel is full of wort how can it be set up?

There are little etchings on the top of the device, you line those up and rotate until you find the pump “pins” and raise/drop into place. Then screw down.

There are two videos on this page. The one with the 50L only shows putting two pins in. (Not 4)

The other shows a 20L, but both pins (out of 2) are used that time

https://shop.speidels-braumeister.de/en/accessories/brewing/wort-pump-device-50-litre-braumeister

It’s times like these I hate how the modern world seems to eschew manuals in place of QR codes (if you are lucky) for YouTube videos.

Well it looks like you would be using only one pump, maybe the other two are spare, (be easy to lose emptying out the kettle) I think you are right about the plug on the inlet being a raised pick up.

Looks like you are right razz, the 50 litre is using both pumps, I did wonder if there was a way of using one. That image looks different to this image.

In the other image it looks like a 'horse shoe bend.

Looks like you are right razz, the 50 litre is using both pumps, I did wonder if there was a way of using one. That image looks different to this image.

In the other image it looks like a 'horse shoe bend.

OK, can someone who has used this help? It would appear that the pipe fits over the inlet and outlet (20L BM) with the two little plugs supplied. How does this then pull wort out of the BM? If it does, won't it suck all the trub from the bottom, which I try and filter out a bit normally through the tap? Lastly, any idea of the pump head height available with the tube supplied - 1m, 2m? (20L BM). I need convincing before paying around $200 for a bit of stainless pipe. Thanks.

OK, can someone who has used this help? It would appear that the pipe fits over the inlet and outlet (20L BM) with the two little plugs supplied. How does this then pull wort out of the BM? If it does, won't it suck all the trub from the bottom, which I try and filter out a bit normally through the tap? Lastly, any idea of the pump head height available with the tube supplied - 1m, 2m? (20L BM). I need convincing before paying around $200 for a bit of stainless pipe. Thanks.
I understand how it works, for the 20 litre the tube fits over the outlet only, the other plug is as stux suggested it is a raised pickup. Here is a pic of the 20 litre, and to be honest for a 20 litre I wouldn't be spending the money on it.
mail_attachment.jpg

My understanding is the 50L has 2 inlets and 2 outlets. The 50L wort pump device sits on the 2 outlets once all "pump plugs" are sitting in place (inlets and outlets). the 20L wort pump does not have the lower T piece with the bend, so only sits on the only 20L outlet

My understanding is the 50L has 2 inlets and 2 outlets. The 50L wort pump device sits on the 2 outlets once all "pump plugs" are sitting in place (inlets and outlets). the 20L wort pump does not have the lower T piece with the bend, so only sits on the only 20L outlet
Thanks both of you for the replies. The 20L kit photo answers the inlet question. I agree that it's probably not worth the money.
cheers H

With the bm50+ how well does the cooling jacket work?

Hi all is there anything I should look out for when buying a second hand braumeister?

Back