Dedicated Braumeister Guide, Problems & Solution Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while since people been here. Clutching at straws but you never know. My older model Brau 20l has started to get condensation inside the display screen when it starts to warm water. Can't read the screen. Can't find anyone with same problem. Condensation clears after brewing finishes. Anyone got any ideas?

Been a while since people been here. Clutching at straws but you never know. My older model Brau 20l has started to get condensation inside the display screen when it starts to warm water. Can't read the screen. Can't find anyone with same. Condensation clears after brewing finishes. Anyone got any ideas?
Hey Fatgod,

I don’t have this issue but after living in monsoonal Asia for a few years, I recommend taking the controller off the kettle (label each cable/port first) and sticking it into a bag of rice for 3-4 days, the more rice the better..you can eat the rice later!

Ben

Attachments

• B1D58C25-D8E7-48C4-B3A4-EF87215F18CD.png
    B1D58C25-D8E7-48C4-B3A4-EF87215F18CD.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Been a while since people been here. Clutching at straws but you never know. My older model Brau 20l has started to get condensation inside the display screen when it starts to warm water. Can't read the screen. Can't find anyone with same problem. Condensation clears after brewing finishes. Anyone got any ideas?
From memory that was a fault with the first model that came out with the colour screen (about 10 years ago). There were many complaints on an international BM forum with a few local users affected.

Pretty sure you would be out of warranty now…but may be worth following up with G&G to see if there is a fix.

bought my own braumeister 4 years ago, and have a similar problem. read online its common and more of an issue the older the model is. my screen starts to fog up part way into the boil, but I can just read the screen. most annoying

I'll check next time I'm out in the shed - However I suspect it doesn't matter which outlet goes into which heating outlet port. I don't think the Braumeister switches the elements separately. Pumps are the same - they both operate at the same time.

I'll check next time I'm out in the shed - However I suspect it doesn't matter which outlet goes into which heating outlet port. I don't think the Braumeister switches the elements separately. Pumps are the same - they both operate at the same time.
Cheers mate, that answer makes sense as I have 2 Braumeisters and both seem to work the same, yet they have the plugs around the other way. I wasn't sure if the elements were occasionally running independently as I had some bad scorching on the inner element last week but the outer only minor. This was more likely a result of my experiment to make barley water cordial.

Cheers, Ben

Latest posts

Back