Darts At Beerfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffd

Reaction score
Hi guys & gals, anyone interested in a game of darts over the competition weekend, I can bring 1 board & possibly a second (have ordered a Winmau Blade 4 from UK which may or may not arrive in time)

This is just a social idea, it is not sanctioned by the beerfest committee, just a suggestion / show of hands for interest.

Linton our resident Heineken Cup Keg goalkeeper I'm sure will be happy to hold the dartboards for us. You'll understand that if you were there last year

Hi guys & gals, anyone interested in a game of darts over the competition weekend, I can bring 1 board & possibly a second (have ordered a Winmau Blade 4 from UK which may or may not arrive in time)

This is just a social idea, it is not sanctioned by the beerfest committee, just a suggestion / show of hands for interest.

Linton our resident Heineken Cup Keg goalkeeper I'm sure will be happy to hold the dartboards for us. You'll understand that if you were there last year

great idea mate... spewing I am not going to be there - love darts and my board in my home bar gets a fair workout.

The only issue will be mounting it as you won't be able to put anything semi-permanent up inside (let alone the associated pock marks on the wall from near or not so near misses :ph34r: )

edit: although I am sure that Lord Linton won't mind holding it - just don't expect hime to stay still.

great idea mate... spewing I am not going to be there - love darts and my board in my home bar gets a fair workout.

The only issue will be mounting it as you won't be able to put anything semi-permanent up inside (let alone the associated pock marks on the wall from near or not so near misses :ph34r: )

edit: although I am sure that Lord Linton won't mind holding it - just don't expect hime to stay still.

nothing a piece of string and a tree trunk cant cure, the pub on main street also has a board.

Hmmm... Linton... moving target, deerhunting season it is. will bring the xmas antlers for him.

nothing a piece of string and a tree trunk cant cure, the pub on main street also has a board.

Hmmm... Linton... moving target, deerhunting season it is. will bring the xmas antlers for him.

good job mate... mind you if you feed him enough beer he is likely to just curl up at some point and make things a little bit easier...

good job mate... mind you if you feed him enough beer he is likely to just curl up at some point and make things a little bit easier...

Reminds me of the episode of Father Ted, where Fr Jack goes walkabout in the nude & they hunt him with tranquiliser darts.

Top idea,i'll bring darts.No room for a board ,but i'm sure someone else can manage one :super: A vid of last years F.A. Cup would have been a U-Tube hit :lol:

Maybe someone could bring a Wii and organise a sort of karoake night, a la MB chrissy party :p

I thought you were talking about cigarettes and smoking at Beerfest :lol: Oops.

Yeah bring on the darts! Top idea. All I'd say is after a few 'calibration beers' and judging the category I'm on, everyone better watch out where I throw 'em!

Cheers, and bring on Beerfest! Sitting on the slops table last year was great fun - hopefully it's on again.

Hopper.

P.S: Someone bring an empty heinie draft keg, Linton wants some more punishment Father Jack!

nothing like getting a few drinks into ya and throwing around sharp implements. :eek:

nothing like getting a few drinks into ya and throwing around sharp implements. :eek:
the perfect combo :p Maybe Linton should consider dressing like this ;)

220px_Aviano_bomb_suit.jpg

Ha ha, give that man a laxative & see how quick he can get out of that suit.

I hope Lintons been reading all of this, I'd hate to be talking about him behind his back. I assume he is on AHB?

Watch out Mirboo, there'll be more archers than in braveheart.

Ha ha, give that man a laxative & see how quick he can get out of that suit.

I hope Lintons been reading all of this, I'd hate to be talking about him behind his back. I assume he is on AHB?

Watch out Mirboo, there'll be more archers than in braveheart.

Yep, he's on AHB and has a fine sense of humour so no probs there.
I'll let him know we're having some fun here and I'm sure he'll chip in and put us all back in our little boxes.

From the pic about looks like Lints going to star in his own version of 'The Hurt Locker' :lol:

Hopper.

Yep, he's on AHB and has a fine sense of humour so no probs there.
I'll let him know we're having some fun here and I'm sure he'll chip in and put us all back in our little boxes.

From the pic about looks like Lints going to star in his own version of 'The Hurt Locker' :lol:

Hopper.
My ankle was in pain for 3 weeks after last Beerfest after coping a keg. I should have known an Irishman might be able to kick a keg. If I get drunk enough to hold a dart board then I'm in trouble. Dart board is a good idea. Could attach it to a tree to prevent damage. Did I ever tell you guys that I got a 180 when playing in an English pub a few years back. I retired that day ending my career on a high but I just might come out of retirement to teach you lot a dart lesson

My ankle was in pain for 3 weeks after last Beerfest after coping a keg. I should have known an Irishman might be able to kick a keg. If I get drunk enough to hold a dart board then I'm in trouble. Dart board is a good idea. Could attach it to a tree to prevent damage. Did I ever tell you guys that I got a 180 when playing in an English pub a few years back. I retired that day ending my career on a high but I just might come out of retirement to teach you lot a dart lesson
We might need to paint the darts with flouro paint ,so they're easier to find in the 'widethrow' area ;)

Shit linton! Lurking for over 5 years on AHB......Welcome. :D

Back