Beerfest 2012 Is Upon Us! 10th-11th Feb 2012. Entries Now Open&#33

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got low on stock so I drank my entries. Damn it.....

They were tasty beers too! :icon_drunk:

I got low on stock so I drank my entries. Damn it.....

They were tasty beers too! :icon_drunk:

Bummer, it just means its one less person i have to lose to beat. :p

looking forward to a weekend of fun after a weekend of pain moving house this week.

Final reminder!

Entries for Beerfest close tomorrow Saturday the 4th Feb. Please ensure all entries are at the drop off points as listed above by no later than 12 noon.

Thank-you and good luck with your entries! Looking forward to another cracker Beerfest! :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers,
Braden

Edit: Please be aware of the typo in my previous post stating saturday the 5th. The 5th is actually sunday and is past the cut off date. Please ensure they are dropped off on saturday the 4th. Thanks once again.

Here are some select pictures from Beerfest ... can't tell you who won because I had to leave before the presentations:
BeerFest2012-Prizes.jpg

Some forum-regulars among those doing their beer judging best:
BeerFest2012-Friday2.jpg

BeerFest2012-Friday5.jpg

That picture is a lie. I've am not going gone bald.

I remember when I was in my denial phase, the naughties were so mean hair migrated from head to back :(

Hey folks,

Results are up on CompMaster now, both full and summary. Congratulations to all placegetters, and a big thank-you to all our great sponsors for helping us put on yet another brilliant competition and weekend.

You'll find the results off the home page if you're not registered, or in "Past Competitions" if you log in.

Linky

The results that are not listed are:

Champion Brewer:
John Chapman (Melbourne Brewers)

Beer of Show (Sponsored by Grain and Grape)
Oatmeal Stout (125 points) : Diti Haniotis

Best exhibiting clubs:
Melbourne Brewers (20 points)
Bayside Brewers (9 points)
Westgate Brewers (5 points)

At the moment the scoresheets have not been uploaded. I expect these to be available in the next couple of days.

Cheers!

I'd like to follow up Andy's post with a big thanks to all the volunteers who make BEERFEST possible. A great turn out and effort from the many judges and stewards!

Wolfy did an outstanding job as our chief steward - worth a special mention. We also had quite a few new judges willing to have a go and learn the ropes which is also good to see, including a couple of the local brewers - the Gippsland brewers seemed pretty keen to be involved and are clearly making some good beer (could be the makings of a new club there...).

Thanks agian to all of you. Hope to see you back next year!

Ok folks, sorry for the delay, but results sheets from the weekend are now available online. There may be a couple that slipped through the gaps last night, so just ping me if there are any missing sheets.

We did have a few entries this time around which were either not available at the pick-up points, or were dead on arrival. If you think yours was one of these, shoot me a PM to confirm.

If you are not a CompMaster user, and have no intention of becoming one, your sheets will get posted out in the four weeks or so (volunteers dependent).

For those entrants who have not used CompMaster this time around...

• If you do have a compmaster account, but entered offline, your entries will not show up in your account, so you'll have to contact me and I will try to associate them when I have a spare moment. Send me a PM to request this with your compmaster user name and entry numbers.
  • If you do not have a compmaster account, you can create one and again I will try to find time to associate them. Again, PM me to request this, letting me know your new CompMaster username and entry numbers.

Thanks again and congratulations to all of our entrants, and we're looking forward to seeing some of you at the British Ales competition coming up in May.

May your brews be good brews!

Andy

Getting nothing but "Page not found" errors when clicking on the "Download" link from my score summary page.

Sweet!

Thanks Andy. Now just to work out where I went wrong with my beers :(

Tell me about it - my only entry got hammered. Was great out of the keg, so I've clearly got to work on my packaging for comps...

Andy

Tell me about it - my only entry got hammered. Was great out of the keg, so I've clearly got to work on my packaging for comps...

Andy

I would like to apologise to those who judged my schwarzbier, it was infected, nice in keg, sorry about that.

And for those who judged my APA (manticle, maple, ??) all said good beer but wrong category, it was a NS Summer Ale, thought I'd throw it in something, maybe should have put it in as an ESB

I really need to learn how to use my CPBF as well :)

And for those who judged my APA (manticle, maple, ??) all said good beer but wrong category, it was a NS Summer Ale, thought I'd throw it in something, maybe should have put it in as an ESB

I actually tasted this beer post judging as I was asked my opinion on it for the style. Doesn't fit the US pale cat but more the English Pale Cat with the light malt character/mild but bitter hopping. One thing is for sure it is definitely not ESB/Bitter cat according to the AABC guidelines (there are big differences in this between AABC and BJCP, i made that mistake once before).

Funnily words such as Styrians or NS were thrown around regarding the hop type. Enjoyable beer nonetheless just unfortunately doesn't fit the US Pale cat well.

Ah yes, I remember this one. Really nice beer, clean - just not an APA.

Andy

"Take me down to Diacetyl city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!".

Had to be Diacetyl caused by oxidation or bottle infection comparing from when I tasted it at your house and after stewarding it for the judges.

Back