Beerfest 2011 - Presented By The Melbourne Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brendo

Tap-whore
Reaction score
logo.gif
Beerfest 2011
logo.gif

More than $1500 in prizes ... 2 great nights... lots of beer...​

The Melbourne Brewers are once again running Beerfest at Grand Ridge Brewery, Mirboo North, Victoria from Friday 18th to Saturday 19th February 2010. Entries close 12pm Saturday 5th February 2010.

We are in the process of finalising style categories for this year - all of the usual suspects will be there and the possibility of a few more to come. Make sure you check out the Beerfest website for details of the full style list and entry forms as they come to hand. Entries will be available at all the ususal suspects and a full list will be made avaialble shortly.

There are some great prizes on offer - including:

- $500 for Champion beer of show;
- Champion Brewer - will have the opportunity to brew a batch of beer at a commercial brewery and the beer will be served on tap (further details to be confirmed shortly).

It really is a great weekend away, with plenty of social activities planned:

- 9 holes of golf on the Friday arvo
- Spit roast/BBQ on Saturday night.
- Sunday morning BBQ breakfast.

All visitors welcome, come and sample the range of Grand Ridge microbrewed beers available on tap at the bar in the brewery-restaurant complex. The bar also features a gallery from where operations in the brewery can be viewed.

We also encourage anyone interested in judging or stewarding, regardless of experience, to participate in Beerfest. Novice judges are welcome, and will be placed with more experienced judges; and stewards are always in demand.

Judging and stewarding is a great way to explore beer styles, gain an understanding of what other brewers are doing, and learn a lot that may help your own brewing.

The format includes three judging sessions:
- Friday Evening (from 7pm)
- Saturday Morning (from 9:30am)
- Saturday Afternoon (from 2:00pm)

Feel free to register your interest, further information check out the judging page

For those on a budget, camping is allowed in front of the scout hall (only 100m from the brewery) or you can try your luck in the Scout hall for a minimal fee. Grand Ridge also have a range of more luxurious accommodation options.

Entry forms are in the process of being finalised and will be posted both here and the Beerfest site once available.

Now is the perfect time to get brewing so you have plenty of entries for this great competition, it is a great way to get feedback on your beers - regardless of your level of experience.

Watch this space for updates!! Mark the dates in your diaries, get brewing and come along to join in the festivities if you can.

Brendan Guild
The Melbourne Brewers

you should get behind this event fellas, its a monumental comp/social weekend on the brew calendar.

plenty of time to get brewing and get your entries in, especially for those who like brewing wheat beers.

and there are quite a few melbourne brewer club members who have done the bjcp course, alsong with experianced brewers who will judge, so your beers will be in excellent hands.

Great stuff, avoid the scout hall, the bastards snore & do the worst bloody sulpher farts.

will actually submit an entry or 2 this time round :p

Did some judging in '09 and had a great time - will see if I can make it down there again. This time to include the golf!

edit-spelling

Great stuff, avoid the scout hall, the bastards snore & do the worst bloody sulpher farts.

Hey. Some of those farts were mine. :lol: Bloody proud of them too.

A shame not everyone appreciates some of my finest work.

Hopper.

Edit- er yeah, and as you can tell, a lot of fun had by all last year. So get up to Mirboo Nth for what should be another great Beerfest!

can I still enter even if I'm unable to attend?

can I still enter even if I'm unable to attend?

of course! much like VICBREW or any other AABC competition with the typical dropoff locations etc.

This info to follow soon. ;)

will actually submit an entry or 2 this time round :p

Did some judging in '09 and had a great time - will see if I can make it down there again. This time to include the golf!

edit-spelling

Definitly mate - attendance isn't required to enter - just means you miss out on all the fun if you can't go. ;)

Good luck if you decide to enter!!
It's a great weekend and anyone who attends will have a ball :beer: Just watch out for people on billycarts!! :lol:

Any word on the categories? Or will that be on the entry form?

Any word on the categories? Or will that be on the entry form?

It will be pretty much like last year mate... with possibly a few additions - aorund 9 categories with a pretty good representation of styles along the way.

All will be clear on the entry forms which will be available soon.

Deleted my post either I'm stupid and misread the date or website was updated, I'm leaning towards the former, either way question answered. :rolleyes:

Bump

Still time to get a quick brew under your belt for this one guys!!

Start brewing and tasting what's on hand - good prizes on offer as always!!

The Melbourne Brewers are once again running Beerfest at Grand Ridge Brewery, Mirboo North, Victoria from Friday 18th to Saturday 19th February 2010. Entries close 12pm Saturday 5th February 2010.

:blink:

Soooo.... I'm a bit late for this one?

Victoria - On the move (back into time :p)

I may even get a beer or 2 ready to send off to this.

Entered it many years ago and got good feedback and couple of nice broken glass trophies in the mail.

might give it a run again.

cheers

I may even get a beer or 2 ready to send off to this.

Entered it many years ago and got good feedback and couple of nice broken glass trophies in the mail.

might give it a run again.

cheers

Good to hear Tony - if you get a trophy this year mate we'll make sure that they are safely packed!!

Good to hear Tony - if you get a trophy this year mate we'll make sure that they are safely packed!!

note to self: next big trophy buy, make em polycarbonate! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back