Chugger pump issues.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seamad said:
Martin, I've had 3 pairs, all from different batches as per the dates on my previous post. In fact the worst ones were from the second batch, not the often quoted first bad batch. As I've said before, I must just have been unlucky to get so many crook ones.
It seems brewtrekker has been unlucky as well, would be interested to see what the dates are on those 2 pumps ?
Whilst I'm sincerely sorry for the experiences you've had, that really sucks, I'm struggling to draw a conclusion between the dates you received pumps to batches. Is there a batch number on your pumps? Date purchased doesn't really coincide with a new batch.

Whilst I wasn't involved with Chugger Australia, it is my understanding that the first batch was the problematic batch, that Andrew worked hard to fix. I believe there has been a couple of batches since - the last of which was a Full Pint buy, a few months back. And it is my knowledge that with Full Pint, we haven't experienced any inherent faults with these units.

I'll leave it at that, and welcome anyone to contact myself or Andrew should they require any further assistance, or have any questions.

Spiesy,
The dates I listed are the serial numbers on my pumps, which I assumed are the production/batch dates. The second lot, 30/7/13, were sent to me on 31/10/13, the last lot, 30/3/14, were sent to me 14/10/14. The last set has one pump working, even though it's too bloody hot to touch. I now batch sparge instead of fly sparging, so it doesn't matter that much anymore that my HLT pump stops. Anyway I believe Yob is happy about my misadventures,he does like shiny tings.

My chugger pump that I got from chugger.com.au hasn't missed a beat. No overheating issues, no operational issues and Andrew has been fantastic with out of hours support when I needed to pull down and clean out the heat after I forgot to give it a rinse after a brew.

First class service and product.

Latest posts

Back