Brewtech SS fermenting vessels discussion thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah, I feel a little closer to the pros. Should wait for the results before I get too carried away though.

I have the 7 Gal.

Yeah Cocko, I'm actually looking forward to cleaning it! First time I've ever looked forward to cleaning....

Did my 2nd pressure transfer about two weeks ago, this time without filtering and straight to keg via the sanitary sample valve.

DSC_0097.JPG

Florian said:
Did my 2nd pressure transfer about two weeks ago, this time without filtering and straight to keg via the sanitary sample valve.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0097.JPG
What the actual ****?

Mate that's incredible!!! Why is there a tap tee'd off your liquid transfer line?

It's not tee'd off the transfer line, it's just attached to the keg (it's one of my party kegs) . The liquid line that comes off the tap usually just attaches to a QD.

I can't find these sample valves bud.
Sav
Oh and I have a 17 gallon turned up this week. Thanks GARRY.

Oh shyte, you sent me a pm ages ago, didn't you? Sorry mate, completely lost track:

Take your pick

Actually, this here is the one I ordered. It didn't come with the elliptical handle as pictured but rather with a round one. Looks shinier in reality than on the ebay pics.

As for the other gear, sight tube, butterfly valves etc (see pics page 11 and following) I got that from this mob.

They don't have everything 'on display', but I just told them what exactly I wanted as they had some stuff that others hadn't and they sent everything together via SF Express, or you can just go slow mail for even cheaper. Easy to deal with as long as you are precise with what you want and how you want it (applies to 99% of chinese suppliers).

Florian said:
As for the other gear, sight tube, butterfly valves etc (see pics page 11 and following) I got that from this mob.

They don't have everything 'on display', but I just told them what exactly I wanted as they had some stuff that others hadn't and they sent everything together via SF Express, or you can just go slow mail for even cheaper. Easy to deal with as long as you are precise with what you want and how you want it (applies to 99% of chinese suppliers).
hey mate where did you get/what are those tube reducer things you have? going from the 1/2inch silicone hose to your gas hose?

huez said:
hey mate where did you get/what are those tube reducer things you have? going from the 1/2inch silicone hose to your gas hose?

Black n Tan said:

Nah, not Andale.

They're those things (not 100% sure if correct size).

I have used them for years transferring from fermenter to keg, just push silicone hose onto fermenter tap and attach beer line to JG adapter.
Exactly like this, actually.

Grav-feed.jpg

It sits a little loose on the sanitary sample valve, hence the cable tie. That way no air gets sucked into the line.

Righty O. Pitched my first batch into the new brewbucket. Had a bit of over flow from the aeration of the wort, tipped it in as per normal. Waited for the foam to dissipate before pitching the yeast. Nervous times I tell ya.

Anyone keen to share how they do it without spilling foam everywhere?

With starsan and a clean wipe! I now try and tip in a cube with minimal splashing (pretty unavoidable though) and the odd spray of starsan to reduce the foam. Then the lid goes on and I drop the airstone in the bunghole (hehehe). Add o2 and as the foam comes out the hole I try and disperse it with starsan and wipe up the mess with paper towel or similar. So you could say I need TP for my bunghole.
Keen to hear others approaches too.

Great brew day today 60lts in too bed. Pics too come thanks pete.
Florian I have done a order through that link on eBay how long for delivery.
Sav

Back