Brewtech SS fermenting vessels discussion thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I wish! Nope married 7 yrs and together for 12..... I know a glutton for punishment :) was a b'gift. I popped up a quick pic in the retail thread but will put some high res ones up later

Ok sorry for the delay but as promised some decent photos.... A big thank you to Gary at newera for going above and beyond with the customer service!

P8171339 (800x800).jpg
P8171341 (800x800).jpg
P8171340 (800x800).jpg

Thermowell
P8171342 (800x800).jpg
P8171343 (800x800).jpg

Optional [SIZE=11pt]Thermometer[/SIZE]
P8171346 (800x800).jpg
P8171347 (800x800).jpg
P8171348 (800x800).jpg

Gonna have to get me one of those thermowells & the digi thermometer

Finishes it off nicely!

The big daddy arrived!
Chronical 17 Gal
Fits in the all fridge fermenting fridge with ease. Fridgemate probe in the thermowell.
Happy Days.

photo 1 (9).JPG

Looks the goods! What size is your fridge?

Nick R said:
Looks the goods! What size is your fridge?
Westinghouse 430L, which is 390L storage volume.
580mm across at the smallest section (the runners for shelves) abd 470mm deep from the refrigerator plate at the back to the front edge.
There is some wriggle room as the door allows a few more cm's, but not required.
Plenty tall enough obviously.

Newerabrewing said:
Looks like its fitting in right at home in that fridge.
Just needs a beer fermenting in it. This weekend. Yeast is spinning up as I type.

Edit - although I need a 3/4" SS hose tail. Anyone know where is quickest to get from?
I need to pump from the kettle to the fermenter (via chiller) and assume it will need to go in via the dump valve. I suppose it can go in via the beer out racking arm. A little splashing never hurt.

mckenry said:
Just needs a beer fermenting in it. This weekend. Yeast is spinning up as I type.

Edit - although I need a 3/4" SS hose tail. Anyone know where is quickest to get from?
I need to pump from the kettle to the fermenter (via chiller) and assume it will need to go in via the dump valve. I suppose it can go in via the beer out racking arm. A little splashing never hurt.
Pirtek or enzed should have them as stock.

mckenry said:
Westinghouse 430L, which is 390L storage volume.
580mm across at the smallest section (the runners for shelves) abd 470mm deep from the refrigerator plate at the back to the front edge.
There is some wriggle room as the door allows a few more cm's, but not required.
Plenty tall enough obviously.
Are you going to pump out and into your kegs as well?

Batz said:
Are you going to pump out and into your kegs as well?
No Batz. I will push out with co2. I read somewhere it'll take 5psi. That with the help of gravity will get it through my filter and into the kegs.
Also, I'm going to put another hole in the airlock bung with a tube and tap arrangement so I can flush the headspace after pitching yeast and oxygenating.

There may be some kind of attachment out there already that I can tri-clamp onto the lid that will do what I'm thinking of doing anyway?

Hi guys,

I bought a 100L SS conical from Keg King, which came with ball valves. First ferment was fine, then an infection crept in. You guessed it! Turns out it was the ball valves. Fermenting wort enters the chamber around the ball valve every time you take a sample, which I've found to be a pain in the arse to clean.
I've since bought butterfly valves and a reallly nice sprayball from glacier in the US. As every commercial brewery uses butterfly valves on their fermentors, why are companies supplying us with ball valves? Happy to be corrected here, but I think ball valves are just for flow control, thread and ball valves don't belong on fermentors...
Happpy and infection free fermenting!

Cheers

Probably a cost thing. I plan to update to butterfly valves soon, and the great thing the the Brewtech SS Chronical fermenter is that all the fittings are trip clamp allowing for a nice upgrade path.

Not to mention the ball valves are three piece so you can and should pull them apart for cleaning.

Shouldn't be a problem if you give the valve port a quick spray with no rinse sanitiser before sampling.

mckenry said:
No Batz. I will push out with co2. I read somewhere it'll take 5psi. That with the help of gravity will get it through my filter and into the kegs.
Also, I'm going to put another hole in the airlock bung with a tube and tap arrangement so I can flush the headspace after pitching yeast and oxygenating.

There may be some kind of attachment out there already that I can tri-clamp onto the lid that will do what I'm thinking of doing anyway?
Why not just purge with co2 before putting on the tri clamp?

blair said:
Why not just purge with co2 before putting on the tri clamp?
I dont have one extra and I will want to take samples during the course of fermentation. I'll also be dumping trub and yeast. I want to just hook up the co2 and push out whatever I am after at the time, without opening the fermenter or sucking in air.

Latest posts

Back