Brewtech SS fermenting vessels discussion thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic but any goss on the FTSS? (ferment temp stabilisation system)

I've only found pictures of the unit with expected release this year. No idea how it works, but looks impressive to say the least...

Natdene said:
You need the 17gal/65ltr Batz
Two will not fit either my budget or fermenting fridge. :lol:

Other than I'll like them.

Batz

rbtmc said:
Batz why 30L when cornies are only 19?
I brew 55lt, I fill two cornies and one 9lt party with each brew.
Just the way I brew.

Batz

Batz said:
I brew 55lt, I fill two cornies and one 9lt party with each brew.
Just the way I brew.

Batz
so just go one 64ltr, go on you want one

Lets see how lotto plays out tonight.

alcoadam said:
Slightly off topic but any goss on the FTSS? (ferment temp stabilisation system)

I've only found pictures of the unit with expected release this year. No idea how it works, but looks impressive to say the least...
We should have some more details on this shortly.

We'll likely make an announcement in the retail thread when we do.

Finally got my two full after a weekend doing stuff with the kids. Citra smash on the top and a experimental mid on the bottom. Will have to set up my thermowell for next time image.jpg

Sure looks pretty Natdene.

I've been doing (non-brewing) stuff with my kids today too, but apparently the past has come back to haunt us? :p

There's no such thing as an empty nester in the current political climate more's the pity. :lol: :lol:

To keep on-topic, another brewer plus myself have both followed the BB Prep & Cleaning instructions absolutely so please take note Newera just in case. ;)
I'll post a pic if my BB lid conversions when they happen in a week or so.

Good luck with it!

The silicone gasket seems to be holding an excellent seal, as you can see by the different levels in the airlock. Only just pitched so no activity as yet. Off to the pet shop for kittens just in case.

bb 8.jpg

I'll definitely experiment with pressure transfer to keg, I know it says it isn't guaranteed to be pressurised, but as long as the keg is flushed I don't mind waiting ten minutes or so for a relatively low pressure transfer, and I have a naked gas line. I'll be lagering in keg initially to free up the BB for next brew.

Brave man, drilling into your little chicken-woos :p
My Bo Pils has been in for 9 days now and to my surprise when I drew off a small sample from the tap it's quite dry tasting already. That's something I could never do with my Bunnings fermenters. At this rate I might even buy a hydrometer :blink:

I'll check again on Monday, rotate the racking arm up into the body of the brew and if the sample comes out clear enough I'll transfer to SS keg for lagering in the other fridge, and whack and English Special Bitter into the SS.

TidalPete said:
Sure looks pretty Natdene.

I've been doing (non-brewing) stuff with my kids today too, but apparently the past has come back to haunt us? :p

There's no such thing as an empty nester in the current political climate more's the pity. :lol: :lol:

To keep on-topic, another brewer plus myself have both followed the BB Prep & Cleaning instructions absolutely so please take note Newera just in case. ;)
I'll post a pic if my BB lid conversions when they happen in a week or so.

Good luck with it!
Noted Pete noted

TidalPete said:
Posting this for Sav who is having uploading hassles. :)
And again!

Racking to keg at 2.0 psi.

These BB's are great or they will be once I get my (modified) lids back. ;) :D

Come on the Cows!
9 penalties in the first 40 minutes. WTF!

photo.JPG

Thanks pete for the photos.
Bit slower than normal filter but all good. Buckets easy too clean than the normal 42t batch.
I did save on cleaning a keg for keg to keg filter transfer.
The pick up worked well kept turning till the end.
It's nice not having to lift a 60 lt plastic fermenter anymore.

Back