Brand new products from Barleyman

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our hops range packed in 250g jars is still expanding! We have stock of Northern Brewer, Crystal, Citra, Amarillo, Magnum, Spalt, Zythos, Saaz, Simcoe, Mosaic and Cascade. I'll be packaging some more up today, so if there are any of our current varieties on our site you want me to put at the top of the stack, then let me know!

In other news, we finally have DME in for those who have been asking, as well as Lactose and Campden tablets.

If you thing doughballs are hard enough to deal with - wait till you get a hopball! This lump of Citra almost took a hammer to break up. Mmmm sticky..

hopballs.jpg

Next time I find one, I'll keep it to drop from height into the kettle. A hop-bomb!

Ohh... you could do some kind of ramped hopping, where as the outsides melt away it exposes more hops...

Heady Topper clone seekers - we're receiving the last few bits of the puzzle to put together one of the more commonly lauded clone recipes.

Would people be interested in buying it as a kit of ingredients (all the hops, hop shots, yeast, grain etc etc) or just prefer to buy them all separately? Or both?

The kit would possibly be cheaper, as you'll get the right amount of hops for the recipe, and won't have leftovers, but catering for everyone's systems and efficiencies might not work.

Nick R said:
Would people be interested in buying it as a kit of ingredients (all the hops, hop shots, yeast, grain etc etc) or just prefer to buy them all separately? Or both?
if you had a few 'recipe' kits as single item purchases where I just selected 'x' recipe and clicked 'add to cart' (and maybe specified batch size like 'standard 23 L' or something) I would be keen to try it out..(i actually thought this is what i would find from your 'barleyman beer kits' link on the website but its blank)

Some people might have some of the ingredients and might just need the rest.also i gather you talking about all grain kits.there are other brew stores offering kit's in various form's.

That's the intention SBOB - I'll put some kits together.

DU99 - the ingredients will be available separately too! Do you mean various forms like partial mash and extract?

I am planning to do that, indeed! Anyone care to donate a recipe they think would work as a kit?

We've just added CTZ (columbus, tomahawk, zeus) to our 100g hop range, and I've spent an enlightening few hours packaging rice gulls in 1kg lots! Both are on the website now.

Would be awesome if the kit could be sold as just the hops + yeast for those of use who bulk buy grains.

Nick R said:
We've just added CTZ (columbus, tomahawk, zeus) to our 100g hop range, and I've spent an enlightening few hours packaging rice gulls in 1kg lots! Both are on the website now.
I've got a mental image of a clear sealed bag as big as a house with "1kg rice hulls" written on it :)

Close mje ;) I've got THOR the vacuum packer, so it's only the size of a shed.

I had loads of fun getting the bale out of the BarleyVan and on to a pallet too!

We've just added a few varieties of hops to our 250g range: Perle, Mt Hood, Galena, Kohatu and Dr Rudi.

Don't forget to check the mid-week madness thread here for our current free liquid yeast offer!

Hi Nick,

All your products look great,i was wondering if you may be stocking any Wey smoked malt in the future?

Sure will! The smoked barley and oak smoked wheat will be in our next order from our supplier. Keep an eye out!

Back