**boycott** Perth International Beerfest - Fraudsters!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic: Shooting air rifles and drinking steins rocks.
Adelaide Shitzenfest now have plasic steins, which I can assure you do not rock. I went the last year that they had glass steins (still got it too) and I can certainly think of better ways to bide my time than standing in the full sun in a dustbowl for 45 minutes waiting for an overpriced Coopers.

I reckon with all the bad press, you wouldn't have to queue much for the good beers that they have there this year.

I thought $10 pints were good value in perth? all i hear from anyone who visits there is how ridiculously priced the beer is. I has happy as hell drinking $10 pints of hoegaarden in qld, so i figured $10 a pint in perth would be cheap!

I'm not going if that's any help?

I live in melbourne so maybe it isn't but having read about it yesterday I can guarantee that if I was in WA, my attendance would be unlikely. Looks like a joke.

Don't fret, we'll boycott together by not organising a road-trip.

I reckon with all the bad press, you wouldn't have to queue much for the good beers that they have there this year.
Yeah but, not a lot happens in Perth and we're miles from anywhere so organisers of this kind of fiasco have a market desperate for a distraction. The cops must be dreading it. Given the level of tension that seems to go with events in Perth it's amazing the police allowed it.

I was thinking the same, especially given their opposition to the Northbridge Microbrewery. We're such a Nanny state.

Just noticed this reading through the post on the linked blog:

For all of you that wish to wright to the event organisers directly and let them know just how bad of an event it realy was here are thier details.

Acos Event Management Pty Ltd
ABN 87124612586

Director Aleksandar Ilic

IS this the bloke who has Durty Nellies and started the JS pub? Sorry of I've got it wrong, mea culpa.

The local selection of WA Craft Beer looked dreamie ....

Sorry, mika. I deleted rather than edit the context in (too many posting at once). Didn't mean to make your post hang there looking a bit silly.

It's Ok, I've now deleted mine, so you can delete yours and then post that I can delete this one and I'll post back and tell you when I've delet... think you get the idea.

I was thinking the same, especially given their opposition to the Northbridge Microbrewery. We're such a Nanny state.
Yeah but, one of the problems seems to be that there's a lack of quality but not overpriced venues for the "mature" drinker so we all stay at home and drink quality beer. Thus an industry has grown up around getting the immature male drinker shitfaced. Some younger drinkers have wised up and get shitfaced before they get ripped off which adds to the mayhem. Alcohol will always produce a certain amount of unpredictable behaviour but putting people in a pressure cooker doesn't seem to help. I think the NB micro is a good idea as it'll start to bring in a different crowd but obviously the cops are seeing what happens ATM and extrapolating.

I think the NB micro is a good idea as it'll start to bring in a different crowd but obviously the cops are seeing what happens ATM and extrapolating.

Badly at that...

Though last I heard, the conditions have been relaxed. I personally can't see a great reason for a micro brewery to be open till 2 in the morning.... but then maybe I'm old.

Yeah but, one of the problems seems to be that there's a lack of quality but not overpriced venues for the "mature" drinker so we all stay at home and drink quality beer. Thus an industry has grown up around getting the immature male drinker shitfaced. Some younger drinkers have wised up and get shitfaced before they get ripped off which adds to the mayhem. Alcohol will always produce a certain amount of unpredictable behaviour but putting people in a pressure cooker doesn't seem to help. I think the NB micro is a good idea as it'll start to bring in a different crowd but obviously the cops are seeing what happens ATM and extrapolating.
You have so nailed it ! Pressure cooker = explosions. we need to get past this concentrated drinking BS and become more liberal with our drinking laws. All in favour say I or Eye.
GB

I gave up on Shitzenfaced many years ago, whilst standing in the cider line,in 40plus degree heat, thinking, I'd really love a beer right now, gazing longingly at the only beer tent, across a see of hot, thirsty punters, all lining up for a plastic pint of luke warm beer. Oh well, at least the cider was cold.

Latest posts

Back