**boycott** Perth International Beerfest - Fraudsters!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the beer fest in Adelaide last year was $20 and you got to try 52 half full wine glasses of beer! i was shit faced after 45! I had all the beers i never had before first! It was Awsome! Sorry to hear about the bullshit going on in WA! :(

the beer fest in Adelaide last year was $20 and you got to try 52 half full wine glasses of beer! i was shit faced after 45! I had all the beers i never had before first! It was Awsome! Sorry to hear about the bullshit going on in WA! :(

Which festival was that Josh?

To be honest, they didn't spend a lot on the website. It's terrible. Looks like they are scamming for money.

It was at the Arkaba at the top! It was on a Sunday for four hours. First time i went was last year but i think its been going for 3 years?

Why don't WABA organise something like the Vic Microbrewery showcase? $25, 20 samples & a 5 dollar food voucher for Beer Deluxe. Pretty much every Victorian microbrewery is there and some have limited/seasonal releases. I haven't been to them all but the ones I have been to all seem pretty civilised.

bloody hell. I've just finished reading those blogs. Rarely do you see anything get such consistent feedback. It must have been truly rubbish.

The people that run this 'lucky shag' place (great name) wont be able to get the smile off thier face.

It was at the Arkaba at the top! It was on a Sunday for four hours. First time i went was last year but i think its been going for 3 years?
Will be keeping an eye on this one for sure! Let us know if you remember the name, or hear of it's approach again.

Edit: Found it! Okay Perth... this is how it's done:

tastebeer.com.au said:
This year the Arkaba Beer Fest will showcase over 50 local and international craft beers, in the top room of the Arkaba Hotel.
Entry is $20 preasale at Arkaba Reception, 150 Glen Osmond Rd Fullarton Adelaide SA, 83381100 or $25 on the door
Sunday Nov 22 11-4

Breweries include
Hofbrau
Bintang
Budvar
Real Pils
Estrella
333 Lager
Taj Mahal
Miller
Peroni Nastro Azzuro
Peroni Leggera
Grolsch
Bluetongue
Plisner Urquell
moo brew dark
moo brew pale ale
moor brew hefeweizen
vale ale
St Helliers cider
Gulf Brewery
Coopers
Fat Yak
Stella Artois
Not the greatest venue or range (although the three moo samples are probably worth the ticket price over a bar), but a helluva lot better than the Shitzenface.

Quite a wait till the next one I'll guess. I'll hopefully give it a go.

Adelaide Shitzenfest now have plasic steins, which I can assure you do not rock. I went the last year that they had glass steins (still got it too) and I can certainly think of better ways to bide my time than standing in the full sun in a dustbowl for 45 minutes waiting for an overpriced Coopers.

Geez. That Shitzenfest sounds shitzen.

We used to have an Ocktoberfest at our Royal Melbourne Showgrounds. Started off more civilised and with glass steins in the early days serving decent german beer, then dumb bogans started to realise it was a cheap way to get pissed, started rocking up and glassing each other with them. They changed to plastic steins on a neck string (a bit like your Shitzenfest) and started serving beers like VB (WTF? :blink:). So our original Ocktoberfest turned into a real Shitzenfest. Don't think they have it now. Too many full divvy vans at the end of the night.

Now I just go to the real deal at the German Tivoli Club Ocktoberfest. Heaps better, great German food on the grill and loads of top-notch Bavarian bevvies. :D

Hopper.

Why don't WABA organise something like the Vic Microbrewery showcase? $25, 20 samples & a 5 dollar food voucher for Beer Deluxe. Pretty much every Victorian microbrewery is there and some have limited/seasonal releases. I haven't been to them all but the ones I have been to all seem pretty civilised.

I think because in the unlikely event that WABA actually organized something, few if any of the breweries here would be interested enough to be involved, there are also only so many wheats, pales and midstrength lagers a person can bare

I think because in the unlikely event that WABA actually organized something, few if any of the breweries here would be interested enough to be involved

Seriously? Why is that? I'm seriously asking. I would have thought the micros would be all over this sort of event (maybe not one with a terrible rep, but this sort of event)

It's been looked at in the past and the WCBer's have offered to help organise/participate but they either don't have the budget/time or interest. Not high on their priority list I guess, when most are not suffering from lack of patronage at their own establishments and only a couple of breweries actually bottle for distribution to the masses.

Seriously? Why is that? I'm seriously asking. I would have thought the micros would be all over this sort of event (maybe not one with a terrible rep, but this sort of event)

Lets face it many of the micros here are not that great, I think the idea of being compared to one another at arms lenght frightens the crap out of them,let alone compared with other craft beer the pressure to come up with a really good batch of beers for teh event would send some of them to a padded cell,

The facty you are morelikely to get good WA craftbrew specialty beers on tap aththe local taphouse than any WA location, is testament to the apathy here,

There are signs of hope though, last years WA beer week finale dinner, was truly excellent, most of the other events were the dire opposite

I reckon the fellas bagging the Schtzenfest have no idea what to expect when going to one and probably turn into the dreaded bogen when they get through the gate!

How about you drink anough beer so you can still drive home, look out for the German folkdancing, German food, German music and even have a shot at shooting the rifle (after all it's the Marksmens festival).

tdh

p.s. yep, I too hanker for the 'fest to be returned to Hahndorf.

Lets face it many of the micros here are not that great, I think the idea of being compared to one another at arms lenght frightens the crap out of them,let alone compared with other craft beer the pressure to come up with a really good batch of beers for teh event would send some of them to a padded cell,

The facty you are morelikely to get good WA craftbrew specialty beers on tap aththe local taphouse than any WA location, is testament to the apathy here,

There are signs of hope though, last years WA beer week finale dinner, was truly excellent, most of the other events were the dire opposite
Care to share your opinions of the below par breweries? I only ask because it's refreshing to hear s hint of non-parochialism. I donlt get to the local micros much but some of th Eastern States beers I've picked up have been less than impressive. Had Stone & Wood's Pale Ale the other day. Very average, no hops and too sweet. I was in Mrs Parma's last September, tried about 4 brews and didn't feel that any were a real standout.

Care to share your opinions of the below par breweries? I only ask because it's refreshing to hear s hint of non-parochialism. I donlt get to the local micros much but some of th Eastern States beers I've picked up have been less than impressive. Had Stone & Wood's Pale Ale the other day. Very average, no hops and too sweet. I was in Mrs Parma's last September, tried about 4 brews and didn't feel that any were a real standout.

Getting off topic but I don't think anyone from here was planning on going so this whole thread was probably a bit pointless but anyway...

Was it Stone & Wood Pale Lager? On tap it was OK but I've heard the bottles are less than impressive. Mrs Parmas is OK...if you want decent food and OK beers. They certainly don't seem to be going out of their way to get interesting beers on tap. The idea of an all "insert state here" beer bar is nice but you are limiting yourself.

I know the question wasn't to me but Matsos, Billabong & Jarrah Jacks have all been dissapointing. On the other hand Feral is gonna have at least 3 spots in my ten votes for The Locals Top 100 Australian Craft Beers.

p.s. yep, I too hanker for the 'fest to be returned to Hahndorf.

i never went when it was in handorf (underaged at the time), i can only imagine how awesome it would've been.

How about a Churchy festival at my joint.I can have three average beers on tap and everyone else bring their party keg and we can get shit faced for free.I promise I won't charge a enterance fee!! How about a Sat in Feb execpt for the 20th as it's the misses birthday.

Andrew

How about a Churchy festival at my joint.I can have three average beers on tap and everyone else bring their party keg and we can get shit faced for free.I promise I won't charge a enterance fee!! How about a Sat in Feb execpt for the 20th as it's the misses birthday.

Andrew

mmmmm Award winning beers! Will there be exposed chest puppies?

Latest posts

Back