Perth International Beerfest 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnw

Reaction score
Anyone thinking about going to this? Cant be too many enthusastists keen to shell out money after last years debacle.

Linky of beers http://beerfest.net.au/beers2010.html. Doesnt say anything about cost of tasters or sizes.

DrinkBeer

Beers look better this year, but alas no local craftbrewers

last year: white sunglasses -check
FOWF sticker- check
southerncross tattoo- check

Looks the same as last year except they have managed to get more bottled beer - wouldnt be suprised is most of it was heat damaged or out of code. Hardly a beer festival. Wish we had something like CAMRA to sanction these sorts of events.

"February is going to be hot, but the beer will be cold". C'mon.

Massive lines and inflated prices for warm beer that you could buy over the road at the pub.

Not cynical, are you Case? :p

I'm going to give it a crack this year I think.
The biggest problem with Perth is that we don't get stuff like this very often, so it gets overhyped and that's why heaps of people who probably don't really care rock up.

But if they are just serving bottles at inflated prices then you would be better off saving the entry fee and having a trip to the International Beer Store then heading down the beach with an esky.

It could be a a brilliant event if all the WA micros got behind it, but after last years demands for rent of stalls it has probably left them with a VB taste in their mouths.

DrinkBeer

But if they are just serving bottles at inflated prices then you would be better off saving the entry fee and having a trip to the International Beer Store then heading down the beach with an esky.

It could be a a brilliant event if all the WA micros got behind it, but after last years demands for rent of stalls it has probably left them with a VB taste in their mouths.

DrinkBeer

To be honest I think this kind of event shouldnt be allowed to go ahead with the sanction of the WA Brewers Association. With all the hard work WABA does to promote craft beer, the organisers of this event give the public a bad impression of what good fresh beer is. I can understand why the breweries are distancing themselves from these guys, after a quick glance at the website (and after last year).

God only knows how this mob were able to get liquor licensing etc!

I dont see why you are paying $25 for entry just to pay $10 for a GLASS of luke warm beer

If I wanted to pay those prices I would go to the belgum beer cafe problay more choice there or go for a nice trip to the swan valey and get some good local beers and use the $25 for a meal

or even better spend the $25/$50 on fuel and go down to jarrah jacks and stop off at the cidery in Bridgetown and have a cider burger

what hard work, WA beer week?

Wont enter into this, as I have nothing to do with WABA - nor know a lot about them, lets just say these cowboys should not be allowed to host such a poor event and call it the Perth International Beer Festival......

Im gonna dust of the ute put on the blue singlet and me Aka dka hat and rock on down and get pissed .**** yeh, shit I forgot the winnie blues, goit a spare smoke mate? B) See you there Sinkas !
GB

If there is going to EASY chicks after drinking warm beer, then I'm going.

Latest posts

Back