**boycott** Perth International Beerfest - Fraudsters!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<h1 class="norm">**BOYCOTT!!** Perth International Beerfest - FRAUDSTERS.</h1>

Hi everybody,

I am new here and have joined what looks to be a fantastic site on the recommendation of a friend.

Can EVERYONE please help me and spread the word where and whenever you can...

It has been brought to my attention that the promoters who ran the much publicised Perth "SCAM" Beer Festival last year at are it again this year!!

http://www.beerfest.net.au/

I and many many other friends and beer lovers who were TOTALLY RIPPED off and scammed last year are on a crusade to give these promoters a little of what they deserved! PLEASE HELP and support us.

These people ripped off hundreds/possibly a few thousand good people last year, with not so much as a sorry!

PLEASE READ just a couple of the blogs after last years debacle if you don't know what I am going on about. These people are flaming crooks.

http://www.enjoyperth.com.au/news/ ... ment-36350

http://yelpar.blogspot.com/2009/01 ... tival.html

THANKS THANKS THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE EVERYONE. :)

AUSSIES UNITE!!

I won't be paying $25 to stand around in the heat only to pay more to taste or drink beers.

There's another thread on this started earlier in the week, sounds a sad sort of exercise. Pity, because in Bris they have run some pretty good beer festivals such as the Story Bridge Hotel beer festival and the Oktoberfest at the Brisbane Showgrounds, so it doesn't have to be that way.

WOW just read the reviews from this event from one of those links... all extremely negative (bar one....someone on the payroll???) Has anyone heard from the event organisers? Have they made a statement regarding such negative feedback?? Are there any changes to this years one??

I empathise with the people of Perth, cuz it sounds like they had no intention to do anything other than give ticket holders a Royal Shafting!!

I reckon I might still make it down - I didn't go last year but hopefully they have made some changes based on the feedback - the venue is different, hopefully they will ensure the beer is cold, more tents, more cover, cheaper drink prices etc. Who knows, it might be HEAPS better.

Then again, it might not.

Maybe someone should email them and ask about drink prices etc?

There is a phone number on the website if anyone is game to call up and discuss it with them.

List of beers reads like a few isles at Dan Murphys. <_<

That said, the annual schitzenface Schutzenfest is on here which is similar except you pay $15 to get in and then pay to drink DAB (plus a few other german beers in cans) and Coopers in the predicted 41C heat.

And you get to shoot air rifles - yeehaw!

EDIT - couldn't resist a picture

hillbilly.gif

There is a phone number on the website if anyone is game to call up and discuss it with them.

List of beers reads like a few isles at Dan Murphys. <_<

That said, the annual schitzenface Schutzenfest is on here which is similar except you pay $15 to get in and then pay to drink DAB (plus a few other german beers in cans) and Coopers in the predicted 41C heat.

EDIT - couldn't resist a picture

attachment=34452:hillbilly.gif

i like DAB, but yeah it always amazes me to see so the bogans going to the schutzen fest and flocking to the coopers bar.

Go to the I/b/s pick a range of beers you have not tryed go home drink them with your mates and save your self the dispointment of the so called I/B/F what a joke it was

Go to the I/b/s pick a range of beers you have not tryed go home drink them with your mates and save your self the dispointment of the so called I/B/F what a joke it was

Or sit at Creatures and laugh at the punters in lines!

OH MY GOD!, My heart goes out to you Perth people. I read the links from top to bottom...like someone staring at a particularly bad car crash.
Beyond that I'm speechless.
Cheers

:icon_offtopic: Shooting air rifles and drinking steins rocks. Had a go of it at the Ocktoberfest they have at the German Club (Tivoli Club) here in Melbourne. Not quite sure about how safe it really is, but after a few oversized jars no one seems to worry too much!

Maybe the Perth organisers need to address not only their crappy admission tactics but also their live entertainment!

Hopper.

I'm not going if that's any help?

I live in melbourne so maybe it isn't but having read about it yesterday I can guarantee that if I was in WA, my attendance would be unlikely. Looks like a joke.

For some reason I always thought it was held in Fremantle?

I think Im about ready for a Freo run ! Might just go and sit on the oval and imagine :huh: over a few beers, want to come. I can bring Greg for a bit of entertainment. :lol:
GB

Love to! Ill be farwelling Fremantle very soon.... Brought a house GB...

Bit like when they moved the SchitzenFace from Hahndorf to Adelaide. When it was up at Hahndorf it was awesome right of passage kind of thing. Now it is in Adelaides CBD it's a controled yawn :(

Back