Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Judge said:
Just checked and I don't have any such spring thing. Any chance I could get one? If it saves either of us on postage or travel I have a mate who's got a 5L on backorder to ocean reef. You could chuck it in there for me and I can arrange to collect from him. What's best to do?
Hey Judge

We are happy to send you one.

Could you please personal message us your name and email so we can put this through our system.

Cheers mate

Graham

Evening guys

Double Ball Lock Backorder Update

Just letting you know for those that ordered the double ball locks and chose to receive the cross bar spear - your fluid out posts are on their way to you.

For those that chose to wait for the double ball locks - these are also on their way to you along with the rest of your order.

Backorder Keg Packs

For recent backorders of 5L keg packs - we anticipate delivery of our next shipment of 5L kegs to be around mid March (approx 2 weeks)

Any queries, please let us know! :beer:

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hi Damo, Let me check whats arriving tomorrow and I'll let you know. We have a few things arriving separately not sure if these were arriving with this weeks delivery or not.
Hi Damo, looks like these have arrived. I'll try and send you a pic in the morning - we haven't put them on the website just yet. Shannon

Last day of this bulk buy as well.

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hi Damo, looks like these have arrived. I'll try and send you a pic in the morning - we haven't put them on the website just yet. Shannon
Hi Damo, apologies for the delay. We have just received these they came in a seperate shipment. I have posted one to you today to try out for size, this is complimentary. Let us know how you go. Shannon

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hi Damo, apologies for the delay. We have just received these they came in a seperate shipment. I have posted one to you today to try out for size, this is complimentary. Let us know how you go. Shannon
Aw sweet, cheers! I actually ended up using the mini reg with bulbs, 2 pushed a whole 19L keg! Bit handier in setting since we moved it around, carting a CO2 bottle too would have been a bit sucky!

got my new ball lock head this week, thanks guys.
wondering how much for a liquid post to replace the old tap configuration? Posted to brisbane?

thanks

Got the straight type 30 to 5/8" the other day, doesn't give me anywhere near the clearance I need but it'll still get used at some point, basically makes the mini reg able to be used in any application now!

Only thing that could be improved is having a swivel fitting for the mini reg. Here's mine with one I ripped out of an inferior reg:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489059530.934348.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
Only thing that could be improved is having a swivel fitting for the mini reg. Here's mine with one I ripped out of an inferior reg:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489059530.934348.jpg
Hey Liam, the brass fitting was originally required on all our regulators however the outlets have been made larger so the brass fitting is not always required. Usually these fittings are included in the regulator box for the smaller size however it seems it was missing from yours. We can send you one out if you like?

All good. They had fittings but I removed them because the resting position on the gas disconnect when tightened was upside down. So I replaced with these ones that rotate freely

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489088585.334599.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489088617.204596.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
All good. They had fittings but I removed them because the resting position on the gas disconnect when tightened was upside down. So I replaced with these ones that rotate freely
Is the thread on the reg M8?

Liam_snorkel said:
All good. They had fittings but I removed them because the resting position on the gas disconnect when tightened was upside down.
Both of mine are also upside down (or close to upside down).
DSC_2820.JPGDSC_2821.JPG

Not sure if this is good for the regulator, but in any case I'd like to have them in the up down position with the gas bottle on the bottom for ease of seeing the dial and knob. I don't want to start turning the brass nut without checking with Beerkat as to whether tightening it to the regulator to get it in that position could do any damage to the regulator or strip the thread?

EDIT - As you can see the liquid out posts arrived. Thanks for that. It was easy to change them out, but it took me a while to figure out what was used to clog up the thread on the cross bar connection. Toothpaste, or at least that is what it smells like. Good thinking.

As I mentioned, maybe in another thread, try a different disconnect. For me two different brand disconnects were the right way up, only the BK one was upside down.

Jack of all biers said:
Not sure if this is good for the regulator
Assuming the bulbs are pressurised enough to liquid, in theory, no it's not good

But........

By design, when there's a bulb connected and you want to take it off and put it in a drawer... kinda have no choice?

Beerkat comment? :p

Jack of all biers said:
Both of mine are also upside down (or close to upside down).
attachicon.gif
DSC_2820.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC_2821.JPG

Not sure if this is good for the regulator, but in any case I'd like to have them in the up down position with the gas bottle on the bottom for ease of seeing the dial and knob. I don't want to start turning the brass nut without checking with Beerkat as to whether tightening it to the regulator to get it in that position could do any damage to the regulator or strip the thread?

EDIT - As you can see the liquid out posts arrived. Thanks for that. It was easy to change them out, but it took me a while to figure out what was used to clog up the thread on the cross bar connection. Toothpaste, or at least that is what it smells like. Good thinking.
Is there a piece missing, should be like this
Stainless-steel-keg-coupling-for-beer-and.jpg

Latest posts

Back