Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the hand pump is a great idea. Last time I busted out the mini-kegs at a party I ran out of gas, ended up dispensing with my post-kebab breath. Friends weren't too keen to have any after that

+1 for Hand pump please and when are you going to stock sparklers? Be mooch more like mini poob then lad.

Yeah Zorco,

I've been trialling these for a couple of months now, and I'm happy with how they work. I know your going to love it mate

The Schrader valve system works great, screw the bulb in completely, then slight turn back for charge.
they are coming in Titanium silver are 132mm and weigh 65g, max pressure will be 80psi.

They are a great enhancement to your current systems and perfect if your out of gas and still need to impress.

We should have something on the website the week, so we will Keep you posted.

Cheers mate

G

MTB - I would have committed to the cause mate, meal and a beer all in one. Now there's a new beer flavour
images-2.jpegimages-1.jpeg

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hey guys,

Here's a couple of cool options for your Mini Keg and Growler systems.

These will be available in Soon

attachicon.gif
AHB - Beerkat Bulk Buy.007.jpeg
attachicon.gif
AHB - Beerkat Bulk Buy.008.jpeg
attachicon.gif
AHB - Beerkat Bulk Buy.pdf

1. SS Check Valve – Regulator Saver $20

• Enhance your regulator system, Helps Prevent fluid return into your regulator when laying down or force carbonating.
  • Be the first to get one of our exclusive to Beerkat, SS Check-valves.
Graham Boyd
Just a thought, why not just use a non return disconnect?

They both sound like great idea's. Ill be up for the co2 pump first. So it pumps air into the keg when the co2 runs out or it pumps in a bit of co2 each time? Or both?

nosco said:
They both sound like great idea's. Ill be up for the co2 pump first. So it pumps air into the keg when the co2 runs out or it pumps in a bit of co2 each time? Or both?
You have the option of either Co2 or hand pump air. The air is for your pouring pressure only and great if you've run out of Co2.
Just a great tool to add to the Arsenal.

I was at a brewery and observed a guy proudly showing his mates in new keg and tap, different style regulators on his, and he absolutely messed it up hard core, wasted the only Co2 bulbs he had. Poor bloke sat there with a bewildered look, going thirsty admiring his shiny new keg gathering cooling moisture - Light Bulb moment

grott said:
Just a thought, why not just use a non return disconnect?
Yeah great idea Grott, have you seen something around? The ones I've been reserching are predominantly inline and would form part of the disconnect similar to how I've set this up. Without changing to full SS, quick connects this was a perfect option and most cost effective option. Open to ideas Grott appreciate your feedback.
G

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Ok - Sparkler taps Ill see what we can source, would you like Stainless or Plastic
Stainless would be nice if you can get it mate.

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Yeah great idea Grott, have you seen something around? The ones I've been reserching are predominantly inline and would form part of the disconnect similar to how I've set this up. Without changing to full SS, quick connects this was a perfect option and most cost effective option. Open to ideas Grott appreciate your feedback.
G
https://nationalhomebrew.com.au/uploads/product-images/201608241052041257-800-600.jpg

I use these from National Home Brew @ $21.95. Work well

just seeing if there is an updated ETA on the double ball lock spears (I know you said end of the month)

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hey Damo

Have attached a couple of pics...

From what we can see this if this is the gas bottle you have, this should be the adapter you'll need. Just let us know..

We will let you know once they arrive. We expect they will be $22. Hopefully mid Feb!

Regards

Graham

attachicon.gif
Beerkat | Adapter T30 - 5:8 18unf.pdf
Hey BK

These ones in yet? Going camping next weekend this might be useful. Cheers!

Jack of all biers said:
3. What is the little plastic block that also comes with the spare parts? Is it a spare part for something or did I miss something when putting it all together?
attachicon.gif
DSC_2783.JPG
Hey Beerkat,

I used this little flow control block at first and all it did was vibrate around during the pour and cause super frothy beer. I've since removed it but my flowrate is so high that I need to drop the pressure on the reg down to basically zero to dispense. Is this a common thing? I thought I could just set the reg at 5psi and she'd pour beautifully.

cheers

Liam_snorkel said:
just seeing if there is an updated ETA on the double ball lock spears (I know you said end of the month)
Hi Liam, fingers crossed we receive our delivery for the back orders tomorrow. If we do these will be shipped Friday morning!

The Judge said:
Hey Beerkat,

I used this little flow control block at first and all it did was vibrate around during the pour and cause super frothy beer. I've since removed it but my flowrate is so high that I need to drop the pressure on the reg down to basically zero to dispense. Is this a common thing? I thought I could just set the reg at 5psi and she'd pour beautifully.

cheers
Hey Judge, have you tried the ss steel spring flow control? The plastic block is the older style flow control but you should have had one of each with your tap? This isn't common, but I'll get Graham to jump on and send you a message to help in the morning. Shannon

damoninja said:
Hey BK

These ones in yet? Going camping next weekend this might be useful. Cheers!
Hi Damo, Let me check whats arriving tomorrow and I'll let you know. We have a few things arriving separately not sure if these were arriving with this weeks delivery or not.

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hey Judge, have you tried the ss steel spring flow control? The plastic block is the older style flow control but you should have had one of each with your tap?
Hey Shannon, I don't recall receiving the SS one, though I'll have to check tonight when I'm home from work and get back to you.

Just checked and I don't have any such spring thing. Any chance I could get one? If it saves either of us on postage or travel I have a mate who's got a 5L on backorder to ocean reef. You could chuck it in there for me and I can arrange to collect from him. What's best to do?

Latest posts

Back