ANHC Breaks Its Chains in 2014...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. No-Tip said:
About 20 people on the MMT so far. [emoji129][emoji127][emoji129][emoji127][emoji129][emoji127][emoji129][emoji127][emoji129][emoji127]

sweet! Be good to meet a bunch of you guys in person.

Things are reaching fever pitch here in Canberra - we've still got a few surprises up our sleeves for you.

If you're planning on getting a Full Package ticket, think quick - our tasty seven beer, four course Gala Dinner is close to reaching capacity, and with that goes the last of the full packages.

Merchandise presales will also end this week. We'll have a limited number of shirts and glasses for ad-hoc purchase at the conference, but the price is much nicer if you pre-order.

As before, please post any questions here or to [email protected] and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

On the subject of accommodation, would be interested to hear where others are staying during the conference in Canberra.

University House seems to be pretty convenient, and reasonably economical if 2 are sharing a basic twin room.

The YHA would obviously be the cheapest with a short walk involved - minimum 4 share required.

Wondering if anyone is looking to split accommodation, or has a free bed (free as in available, as willing to cover costs).

Likewise if anyone has not made arrangements as yet, and looking to reduce accommodation cost, please PM me.

The YHA is not half bad, for anyone tempted to scrounge. I stayed there for a week when I first moved to Canberra at the end of 2011 and by chance my dorm was filled with other people in a similar position to me (working in Canberra and in the process of leasing). It was a good atmosphere and very different to most hostels I've stayed at both in Australia and overseas.

The YHA is also above one of Canberra's best craft beer haunts, The Transit Bar, which I've heard is having a Feral Brewing Company tap takeover during the conference.

Could be dangerously good.

Haha, when I was living in Canberra the Transit Bar was definitely not considered a "craft beer haunt" !!!

Just over two weeks guys. Getting excited for my first conference :)

Forever Wort said:
Haha, when I was living in Canberra the Transit Bar was definitely not considered a "craft beer haunt" !!!
Indeed, but prepare to have your low expectations raised up like a craft beer jesus...

Crofty said:
Just over two weeks guys. Getting excited for my first conference :)
Two weeks left, and just one to get your tickets... Still a few conference and club night seats available...

What do you reckon guys, Should we start a roll call thread for all those heading to the conference?

Brew Matt said:
So, does everyone have their accommodation sorted?
I got a dorm bed (4-bed dorm) at the YHA. Feel free to PM me and we might be able to get into the same dorm.

I posted a thread along those lines, but received no feedback.

Cant believe it is less than 2 weeks. It seemed so far away for so long and its almost here.

It will be great to meet up with brewers from the East Coast. We have a small contingency venturing over from the West ( around 7 of us).

Mr. No-Tip said:
Two weeks left, and just one to get your tickets... Still a few conference and club night seats available...
whats the numbers like on attendees this year?

Yob said:
whats the numbers like on attendees this year?
Magical Mystery tour has about 80 peeps. The dinner is sold out at 230. There will be over 250 at the conference and club night...final numbers will depend on how many are wishing and waiting ahead of tickets closing later this week...

Barring any technical glitches, the results will be tweeted tonight during the presentation. I *think* the presentation is from about 9pm.

Follow @anhcfour, or keep an eye on the hashtags #anhcfour and/or #aabc2014

Should be a great night!

I think it's safe to say everyone had a fantastic time @ ANHC Four - and if you didn't, it was your own fault.

Kudos to everyone involved in pulling off a massive logistical challenge and bringing together brewers from every state along with a great range of speakers. It was a mighty effort from the good gentlemen and ladies of the Canberra Brewers.

Top stuff & congratulations to all involved.

Back