ANHC Breaks Its Chains in 2014...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thanks to the organising committee for an absolutely world class event.

It was just a fabulous few days. Congrats to all those involved in organising the event and to the hosts Canberra Brewers, you rock. :beerbang: Two years just seems too long until the next one.

Great work by everyone involved in organising the event, it was a bloody cracking weekend. I left Canberra all pumped up and more excited about brewing than ever! The free Braumeister was also a nice touch ;)

Agreed. Great event. The Merri Mashers had fun!

Edit: Proof!

ANHC.jpg

Thanks for the comments, we had lots of fun doing it and everyone there was pumped and so friendly, it made it all worthwhile.

Hey guys, did anyone manage to take down a copy of Brew Cult's Get Down American Brown recipe during Hendo's talk? Was thinking about brewing it this weekend.....

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Hey guys, did anyone manage to take down a copy of Brew Cult's Get Down American Brown recipe during Hendo's talk? Was thinking about brewing it this weekend.....
I think he said that it was going to be online somewhere. Not sure where though...

All the audio and all/most pressos will be online as time allows. Might be a few weeks.

Snow said:

Cheers - Snow

Mr. No-Tip said:
All the audio and all/most pressos will be online as time allows. Might be a few weeks.

Like Mr "Call me Champ" No-Tip says, it will take a while for us to get it all processed and put together.

But since you're keen to get into this one soon, I dug this out of the anhc file for you Snow:

Malt
Maris otter – 73%
Melanoidin – 8%
Caramunich II – 8%
Caramunich I – 5.5%
Chocolate – 5.5%
Hops
Bittering – magnum fwh 31ibu
Late – chinook, cascade, Centennial 3.9g/L total
Dry hop – chinook, cascade, Centennial 3.9g/L total
Yeast – wyeast 1056 American Ale 17C -> 20C
OG 1.056, FG 1.012, ABV 5.8%

Plenty of photos up from the conference now, including shots from club night, the awards presentations and the club night photobooth pics.

Check them out on the Canberra Brewers' Flickr page (more complete set of pics)

Or the ANHC Facebook page (this will likely be updated with the rest of the pics from Flickr soon).

We're still working on getting all the Powerpoint presentations, and some audio from the conference to upload to anhc.com.au - but it will probably take us a few weeks.

Have you guys got a copy of John Blichman's presentation?

Wolfman said:
Have you guys got a copy of John Blichman's presentation?
Yep. We've been chasing up signoff to share, as well as time to convert to web friendly formats. This and most of the pressos should be up soon.

Josh said:
Presentations are great. Any updates on audio?
Getting there, hopefully I'll have at least a few of them up before Christmas.

Apologies for the delay - the conference centre couldn't/wouldn't let us plug our recorder straight into the PA, so it was all recorded via ambient microphones. For the talks where the presenter stayed at the lectern it's OK - but anything with the wireless mics is suffering from pretty bad echo.

I'm testing a few things to see if I can improve it, but otherwise I might just get what I've got uploaded, and if I can fix it further I'll update it later.

Cross posted from our mailout:

We're still a few days from Christmas, but the SantANHClaus has arrived early...OK that's probably the worst one yet...​

Three Wise Men...
The cavernous halls of University House have been proving an echoing challenge for our team, but we're pleased to publish three of the conference recordings for you now, with the rest coming in the new year:​
The ghost of ANHC past...
Brewsnews sent Matt Chapman to cover the conference. If you forgot all the fantastic things that happened, check out his review of the Magical Mystery Tour and the main event.​
And that's it from us at ANHC HQ. Have a safe, and a brewey break, and brew strong in 2015! I'm off to write some last minute brewing themed christmas cracker jokes...I am thinking something about reinbeer...​

Latest posts

Back