Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to everyone who has responded so far about helping out with judging and stewarding. We are getting closer to the required number of judges, but could still do with a few more on both days so please get in touch if you are available on 27/28th September. See post 18 in this thread for more details.

Don't forget, entries are due at Brewers Choice stores by close of business next Tuesday, 9th September, or by 1pm at Craftbrewer next Saturday, 13th September.

Unfortunately the AABC 2014 entry form is still not online at the time of writing. If you are dropping off your entries before it is available, please use the 2013 form linked from the qabc.org.au website instead. A reminder that there is no need to include the AABC entry fee, as the QABC will cover the costs of entry should you qualify.

The 2014 AABC entry form is now available on the aabc.org.au website. If you have not already prepared your entries, please use this year's entry form for the second bottle.

Just over a week now to go to get entries in (or 4 days to Brewers Choice stores)!

If you're dropping off your entries to a Brewers Choice store, make sure you get them in by close of business today!

24 hours to get your entries in - due at Craftbrewer Unit 2, 4 Christine Place Capalaba by 1pm tomorrow (Saturday 13th).

tallie said:
24 hours to get your entries in - due at Craftbrewer Unit 2, 4 Christine Place Capalaba by 1pm tomorrow (Saturday 13th).
Okay fortunately guys you'll be releived to know I'm not entering any categories this year, so you all have an equal chance at the gold medals :lol:

(seriously, I have a grand total of two all grain brews under my belt, so I'll definitely have a crack at this next year with some more experience and pilfering great ideas from this forum, if nothing else the feedback from judges would be really interesting. good luck to all!)

Chomping at the bit for the results, and mostly for me, feedback! (cos I imagine I am pushing it for a place...)

manson81 said:
Chomping at the bit for the results, and mostly for me, feedback! (cos I imagine I am pushing it for a place...)
Huge field of beers entered, so it'll take a while to sort through, check and collate all the figures i would imagine.

Would have been a hectic weekend for all that were able to be involved.

Thanks for your understanding HBHB. That being said, the results are in!

Champion Brewer: Nathan Semmens
Champion Beer: Andrew Mahony (Scottish Ale)
Champion Club: Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers

Congratulations to Nathan, Andrew and all of this year's winning brewers!

Attached is the Award Summary, noting that entries scoring less than 30 points are omitted from this report. Full results will be made available on the qabc.org.au website in the next day or two.

Thank you to everyone who helped organise, judge, steward and administer this year's competition, with special mention to our Registrar, Jason McDonald, for continuing to work this evening to get you these results within 4 hours of the last beer being judged. Thank you also to our sponsors; Craftbrewer, Brewers Choice, Craft Bottleshop, Cryer Malt, Wyeast, the Australian National Homebrew Conference, and a big thanks to Little Creatures for the excellent judging venue, lunches and Champion Beer prize.

Entries that placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category, thus qualifying for this year's Australian Amateur Brewing Championship, will be sorted and shipped off to Canberra tomorrow. I am aiming to have scoresheets and prize vouchers sent out in the next two weeks.

Right now, I'm aiming to finish off this beer and have a loooong lie down!

Cheers,

Kris Domagala
Chief Steward, Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2014

View attachment Queensland Amateur Brewing Championships - Awards Summary.html

View attachment Queensland Amateur Brewing Championships - Champion Club.txt

A big thanks to Kris for all the hard work making this event happen. It was well organized and run. Thanks Kris, well done.

On behalf of the QLD Home Brewing fraternity, thanks for all you have done Kris, you are a legend mate.

cheers

Browndog

Rumour out of Ipswich say you're changing your name to ciderboy.

I've never heard of a cider loaded with centennial.

Even though I'm not a cider fan That's a cider I'd try.

Kris, Jason and the rest of the team thanks for a fantastic job! All your hard work is very much appreciated.

Cheers Snow

A massive thanks to Kris for all his work for QABC 2014, it was a very smoothly run comp. Well done to all those helping behind the scenes as well, there's a massive amount of work required to organise and run a competition of this size.

Well done to all the place getters too, lets hope they all do as well at nationals!!

Well done to the organisers. Have a good rest you deserve it. Well done to the place getters as well

big thanks to eveyone who helped out, sorry i didnt have time to help out

Well done to the organisers. Have a good rest you deserve it. Well done to the place getters as well

Latest posts

Back