AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One great name to get the quality up! :icon_cheers:

Wardy.. you better not screw it up! :lol:

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, but nothing in this life is guaranteed.

Any suggestions of what to brew? Fents will mock me if I go for APA again.

Pilsner would be my biased suggestion, everyone will be doing some sort of ale, anything > 1060 probably needs to be in the next swap. Saying that, I :wub: Ales. Choices are soo many. I`ll be shooting for a Bo Pils.

Ummmmmmm.....
pay no attention to the man behind the curtin.
Do as I say not as I do.
I just blew another keg tonight and have 6 to fill. So doubtful starter for me I'm afraid. and depending on the date, it's likely I'll be interstate or overseas with work.

C'mon CM2, it will give you a chance to prove you can drink with the big dogs, and avoid falling asleep at 8:30pm...

I jest, I jest ;)

Haha, how about your Pale Ale Mania winning APA? Fents can't mock you for an APA. Besides, he brews one for a living! :icon_cheers:

Pilsner would be my biased suggestion, everyone will be doing some sort of ale, anything > 1060 probably needs to be in the next swap. Saying that, I (love) Ales. Choices are soo many. I`ll be shooting for a Bo Pils.

I dont want to let the cat out of the bag but im thinking of brewing a BIG American Amber Ale. :icon_drool2: I have a few ideas on hand, details to come.

C'mon CM2, it will give you a chance to prove you can drink with the big dogs, and avoid falling asleep at 8:30pm...

I jest, I jest

you jest nothin'!

Brettles(CM2, not warmbeer), man up princess! As long as work isn't an issue i want you grinding it out to sundown this time. :p Or atleast until you are awoken by a local cab driver at a bus stop. The metro ones might not be as nice as the ones in critter country. :ph34r:

Pilsner would be my biased suggestion, everyone will be doing some sort of ale, anything > 1060 probably needs to be in the next swap. Saying that, I :wub: Ales. Choices are soo many. I`ll be shooting for a Bo Pils.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. Haven't done a lager/pils for ages, and I've done nothing but APAs and stouts for the last 6 months and I'm getting bored with them. I'll have a dig through that branch of the BJCP descriptions and see if anything exotic inspires me to have a crack at it.

Edit : CM2, don't worry about the kids laughing at you for going to bed early, I'll be the same, I'm old too. If they get too cheeky, well I think the two of us big blokes could sort them out. We'll be better rested than they are.

So who has put there hand (residence) up for hosting?

And when is it?

I cant seem to find those details, if nobody offers then it will probably fall in a heap, these events have gone off without a hitch and i think everybody is respectful of other peoples property and possessions. So offer up your place we will behave (mostly).

Kleiny

I have consulted the Oracles, inspected the chicken entrails, read the tea-leaves, and thrown the dice, all to determine that Saturday the 17th of July will be the most appropriate night for the case swap.

Long term weather forecast is for a brisk but cloudless night, with little chance of rain, and a good chance of drunkeness*

Can't help with hosting, as our rear postcard/backyard is large enough to hold either the beer, or the drinkers, not both at the same time.

* - Any complaints regarding actual weather conditions should be taken up with aforementioned Oracle.

I have consulted the Oracles, inspected the chicken entrails, read the tea-leaves, and thrown the dice, all to determine that Saturday the 17th of July will be the most appropriate night for the case swap.

Long term weather forecast is for a brisk but cloudless night, with little chance of rain, and a good chance of drunkeness*

Can't help with hosting, as our rear postcard/backyard is large enough to hold either the beer, or the drinkers, not both at the same time.

* - Any complaints regarding actual weather conditions should be taken up with aforementioned Oracle.

Will the fish be biting?

OK so now all we need is the generous offer of a host, let me tell you from experience you will be well compensated for the day/night with plenty of good beer, good converstaion and good food if it gets cooked in time for once.

Come on Melbournians lend us your hearts and open up your premise for a great night.

Kleiny

OK so now all we need is the generous offer of a host, let me tell you from experience you will be well compensated for the day/night with plenty of good beer, good converstaion and good food if it gets cooked in time for once.

Come on Melbournians lend us your hearts and open up your premise for a great night.

Kleiny

Happy to offer. Berwick is a long way for many people thou.

I fall into the same cat as WarmBeer. :( I would have it at my palce if the backyard wasn't a cortyard which is like 5X5Msq <_<

I fall into the same cat as WarmBeer. :( I would have it at my palce if the backyard wasn't a cortyard which is like 5X5Msq <_<

Well, I'm happy to put up my hand for it if Williamstown's ok? I've got a reasonably sized deck out the back with a awning that goes over about 5x5m of it if required. And inside is prob big enough for 30 or so... Depends on how many you guys normally see at these do's...

If someone want's to come around in the next few weeks and confirm they think it'll do the job, I'm happy to have a few beers one night....

Andy

Happy to offer. Berwick is a long way for many people thou.
Sounds good to me ... I might even be able to walk home. :)
If I ever clean up the house may even be a few spare beds here on offer if others didn't want/couldn't drive home.

Sounds good to me ... I might even be able to walk home. :)
If I ever clean up the house may even be a few spare beds here on offer if others didn't want/couldn't drive home.

Lawn/Sleeping and beer facilities available.i`ll leave it to Warmbeer and others, Southeast Melb hasnt seen a swap since I can remember, would be good out here. Failing this, happy to stick my head in at Fents Rook`s or Andy`s.

I vote rooks shed again and if he dosnt want it im happy to host again too (watsonia, train close by, only one neighbour, 100Litre system ready to go)(spit, bar and firepit already sorted)...if someone else wants to host dont be scared to put your hand up too, sharing is caring.

offer was laid down on the table some time ago.

Back