2012 Funky Beer Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just seen this thread (haven't had time to look at this forum for months actually) - I've got an orval clone at home which might fit the bill (Brett cultivated from a bottle of Orval, using Jamil's recipe from his recipe book). Scored 105 pts at VicBrew so I guess its OK. Happy to chuck in a dozen stubbies, but i won't be going to ANHC - is there anywhere else I can drop off? I usually drop things at Dave's home brew, Greensborough.

Happy to have you join the swap but its not a dozen subbies it's closer to 22 stubbies ATM I think ie 1 long neck or 2 stubbies per person. As for getting them down there. As the swap isn't happening till after ANHC you still have time to get them to Quintrex

think i got a milk crate of stubbies as well if you need them nick.
i dont leave till wednesday morning if you want them.

Thanks again barls, always a gentleman. Didn't get to this on the weekend. I'll sort out some bottles this week and get something in place for bottling this coming weekend.

Have a safe drive and an awesome time!

Happy to have you join the swap but its not a dozen subbies it's closer to 22 stubbies ATM I think ie 1 long neck or 2 stubbies per person. As for getting them down there. As the swap isn't happening till after ANHC you still have time to get them to Quintrex

Ok I can throw in 2 stubbies. Where is Quintrex located?

Ok I can throw in 2 stubbies. Where is Quintrex located?

I live in West Footscray, or if you can get it to the conference venue, I'm happy to collect them from you there. Once the rest of the swap entries get in, we'll coordinate getting all of the beers out to everyone. At the moment, I'm pretty busy with conference stuff, but will be back onto organising the swap in November.

I'll PM you my mobile and we can sort something out.

Cheers,

Q

I'm still in! Thanks to Raven for the reminder. Will drop off soon Q. If you know anyone on the list that hasn't confirmed give them a nudge.... (and remove them if they've pulled out!)

1. Quintrex - Flanders Pale Ale - Confirmed - Hand Delivery
2. Manticle (tentative) - beer with funny yeast and possibly some other stuff to make it taste good
3 Nick R - pale buckwheat sour
4. Barls. oude bruin- confirmed- couriered
5. neonmeate. imperial stout attacked by cuvee rene gueuze dregs - courier
6. brendanos - Berliner Weisse! - will drop off (750's only)
7. raven19 - flanders red - bottled, confirmed - will courier
8. Kabooby - ?
9. jonw
10. gulpa (tentative) - Belgian Dark Strong with brett

was good to meet you the other day brendan.

Just racked both of mine and had a taste. One of them I made close to two years ago and fermented out with roeselare dregs. No idea what it started life as but when emptying the demijohn I saw old vanilla beans so vanilla something. Surprisingly sweet rather than sour for something that old.

The other is an old ale fermented with brett and given a dose of citrus zest yonks ago.

Not sure whether to put 1 of each in per swapper or pick one.

What is the exact cut-off date please Q? I still need to allow them to settle after racking, then re-seed and bottle.

1. Quintrex - Flanders Pale Ale - Confirmed - Hand Delivery
2. Manticle - beer with funny yeast and possibly some other stuff to make it taste good - confirmed - hand delivery or post/courier
3 Nick R - pale buckwheat sour
4. Barls. oude bruin- confirmed- couriered
6. brendanos - Berliner Weisse! - will drop off (750's only)
7. raven19 - flanders red - bottled, confirmed - will courier
8. Kabooby - ?
9. jonw

What is the exact cut-off date please Q? I still need to allow them to settle after racking, then re-seed and bottle.

If last year was anything to go by, early next year will be the swapping date I suspect mate!

Q and co were pretty busy with anhc this year so he is probably resting atm! And draining what is left of the sabc kegs for me.

I'd say you'd be ok to start on your process above.

fwiw - I dont mind if its one of each or a matching pair of your stellar funky beers :D

Bottled my buckwheat sour! It's... bracingly... sour, but the buckwheat has come through with no hesitation. It's not going to change the world, but it's certainly drinkable.

I racked 10L of a too-thin american wheat into the keg/solera - so here's to a gen two!

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the radio silence, took a bit of time out with renovations and catching my breath a bit :)

Below is the updated list, with who is confirmed and who is yet to get beer to me.

1. Quintrex - Flanders Pale Ale - Confirmed - Beer @ Q's
2. Manticle - beer with funny yeast and possibly some other stuff to make it taste good - confirmed - hand delivery or post/courier
3 Nick R - pale buckwheat sour - Confirmed

4. Barls. oude bruin- confirmed- Beer @ Q's

6. brendanos - Berliner Weisse! - confirmed - will drop off (750's only)
7. raven19 - flanders red - bottled, confirmed - Beer @ Q's
8. Kabooby - ?
9. jonw
11. Hazard? - Orval Clone -

Awaiting confirmations from Kabooby, jonw, Gulpa and Hazard. I will message them to try and clarify this.

Awaiting on beer from Manticle, Nick R, Neonmeate, Kabooby, Jonw, Gulpa and Hazard

All those who have not yet got their beers to me, can we aim for them to be in my possesion in around 2 weeks time? and I'll mix them and ship them back ASAP.

Cheers,

Q

no problems q. let me know when they are ready to come back. got my gas bottle the other day as well.

All those who have not yet got their beers to me, can we aim for them to be in my possesion in around 2 weeks time? and I'll mix them and ship them back ASAP.

If you drop them into Q's, feel free to help him drain the SA contingent's kegs from Club Night at ANHC too. The quicker they are emptied the sooner I can courier them back home here! :)

Sorry guys, I can't front a beer. It's just no good.

Cheers
Andrew

Sorry guys, I can't front a beer. It's just no good.

Cheers
Andrew

Bad luck, and thank you for letting us know.

Unconfirmed
8. Kabooby - ?
9. jonw
10. Hazard? - Orval Clone -

Hey guys, been offline for a while. Got a few sours atm so will need to bottle something up. Some Berliner weisse, a golden strong ale with cherries and some lambic.

Will bottle this weekend and send early next week.

Kabooby :)

8. Kabooby - Something delicious - Confirmed
9. Hazard - Orval Clone - Confirmed

Unconfirmed

10. jonw

i vote for the kriek tripel kabooby, yum.

mine's had such a beautiful blanket of white pustulence that i haven't wanted to touch it. i'll rack the bugger and bottle it next weekend. so we're looking at only 18 stubbies now?

Latest posts

Back