2011 Funky Beer Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. raven19 - Blended Lambic Schwarzbier
2. Quintrex - Cranberry/rasberry flander red or Oud Bruin - Confirmed
3. barls- sour cherry dark wheat
4. stuster - lambic (might have to make some up with gueuze off the tap)
5. Manticle - Vanilla Bourbon bruiny bretty thingy
6. neonmeate - Bruxellensis Rye Ale 7%
7. Kabooby - Sour Saison. If that runs out I will make it up with some stuff!!!!
8. goatherder- pulled out, flat out at work no time to do one.
9. beers - Lambicish. Will need a month in the bottle to carb up.
10. jonw - Orval style again.
11. Josh - Spontaneously femented Framboise
12. BrenosBrews - Probably something involving Brettanomyces. Maybe a Black Belgian IPA with some Brett Lambicus.
13. Florian - Berliner Roggenweisse
14. brendanos

Hoping I have a choice of options for next year for my efforts.

Have a flanders red and a plambic (brett brux) which will be 12 and 24 months old respectively by this time next year.

ok heres the update peoples.
the shipment form melbourne has gone wayward, hopefully they find it soon, both quintrex and i are chasing it from each end. i really want to get this out before christmas but we will see.

ok heres the update peoples.
the shipment form melbourne has gone wayward, hopefully they find it soon, both quintrex and i are chasing it from each end. i really want to get this out before christmas but we will see.

Heard from them this morning, apparently they've found it and it's going to be delivered today.... Annoying

Enjoying one or more over xmas would be awesome!

Good work lads!

Enjoying one or more over xmas would be awesome!

Good work lads!

Just heard from Barls, the melbourne shipment was found and delivered to his place this afternoon and all appears to be ok. Very glad :D

yes very happy they made it here ok. im going to try to sort them tomorrow or at least get them unpackaged.
ill let you know how i go more than likely tomorrow night when i get home from work.

just finished sorting.
can everyone contact me about pick up/ freight.

just picked mine up today (am i the first?) and just trying to work out whose is whose - whose are these? (the top one is a longneck with a black cap that ahb cut out of my photo somehow as it attached)

photo_1_.JPG

just picked mine up today (am i the first?) and just trying to work out whose is whose - whose are these? (the top one is a longneck with a black cap that ahb cut out of my photo somehow as it attached)

Those stubbies with black caps could be mine, I did label half of them (ran out of paper), with the idea that each person would get one with a label and one without, but never mind.

Drink them soon-ish as the fruit will drop off over time.

It's a Cranberry/Rasberry Flanders Red

Cheers,

Q

aha that figures as the beer looks bright red even through brown glass. sounds like a nice xmas beer

that leaves josh? brenosbrews? beers?

aha that figures as the beer looks bright red even through brown glass. sounds like a nice xmas beer

that leaves josh? brenosbrews? beers?

Beers.
All of mine have black caps without label. Most are small bottles (not malt shovel bottles though), but there are a handful of tallies.
Mine should not be opened to late Jan. It's a 2yr old lambic that was only bottled a few weeks back.

having one right now, luckily ive scored four of these as its a cracker straight off, will be hard for the other ones to top this. amazingly smooth, really vivid raspberry flavour, yum!!

there are two without labels and black caps, take not e where they are placed if they are by them selves ie just two stubbies they are from beers if its one with a label and one without they are quintrexs.
sorry by that stage i want really switched on and only thought of it after i finished swapping them around and they were in peoples cases. at least i didnt try to do it drunk.
first to receive them most likely the melbourne crews are in the system on their way down was picked up yesterday morning by one of the mates employees.

aha so the longneck with the black cap is someone else's?

just had a barlskriek (lets see if i can finish off the box tonight) - nice sourness, light and juicy. roeselare? seems like could do with a few months more

Hopefully the courier is arriving tomorrow Barls to pick mine up :icon_cheers:

I presume you got the email no worries?

Mine are all labelled on the glass plus r19 on the lid.

Just got home to find 3 boxes from Barls. Merry Christmas :D

Thanks a bunch guys and especially Barls for doing the sorting/sending.

Cheers,

Q

no email yet, ill sit it on the back step though before i leave for work, lets see if its still there when i get home.
neonmeate, yeah its a little young only almost 2 years. still i was impressed with it and will be rebrewing it and splitting it 50/50 between raspberries and cherries.
its the lambic blend im fairly sure.

Latest posts

Back