2011 Funky Beer Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
I did not have anything ready for swapping when the 2010 Funky Case Swap came around, so lets get thinking about 2011 and a funky case swap.

Tyranny of distance will make things interesting no doubt for swappers.

A few of my initial thoughts:

1. Adelaide are hosting the Nationals later in 2011, and I am wondering if this would this be a good venue to do the swap at? Or is Adelaide too far for most of the brewing fraternity? I gather most of the swappers would likey be from the eastern states, based on recent history of swappers locations for the Funky Beers. Maybe it is more suitable to have the swap occur in Sydny/Melbourne/Brisvegas?
2. I am happy to host a small 'Funky Gathering' on the same weekend as the Nationals if we decide on Adelaide as a swap location - noting there is no formal conference in Adelaide to go with the Nationals.
3. Suggestions of capping entrant numbers to around 16 - 18 (lets have a backup list though, as this seems to work well in recent SA Swaps)
4. Bottle size?

Let the discussion begin!

Regardless of decided location, I am keen to swap.

Swappers
1. raven19

I'm happy to let someone else have a go to keep it fair, but I'd say that NSW has previously had the most entrants apart from VIC so just for postage's sake, maybe they should host it. But honestly I'm happy to send my swap to adelaide or sydney (Or host it again if that proves to be most central/economical for swap members).

Swappers
1. raven19
2. Quintrex - Lambic (if it's ready) or Oud Bruin

I think NSW should be to go too Quintrex, after further thought on it last night. Better for a few of us to post a crate of beers than having the majority of swappers having to arrange postage of beers crates.

im more than happy to be the contact point for sydney if needs be. ive just put myself and stu down as he missed out last time and is overseas atm.
are we going to run this similar to last time, ie restrict to 12 people and ether 1 longie or 2 stubbies? also what date again october?
happy to host if in sydney provided swmbo is happy.
Swappers
1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster

I reckon restrict it to 15 and we'll probably get a couple drop out, giving around 12 swappers. We had quite a few drop out (or off the face of the earth) last swap.

I like the two stubbies or a longneck option

its just ads well ive got a few going atm, between this and the easter special swap.

Two stubbies could be a goer allowing each brewer to sample one once received, then the other later, so to speak.

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle
6. neonmeate - might make my brett brux-pils for this one

im interested in joining in on this one but what sort of time frame are you looking at?. ive got one orval clone in the carboy wich im patiently waiting for the pellicle to drop on(been six or more months now) or otherwise if theres enough time to make it im planning on an all brett some thing or other in the near future.

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle
7. Kabooby

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle
7. Kabooby
8. goatherder

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle
7. Kabooby
8. goatherder
9. beers

Not missing out on this one.

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle
7. Kabooby
8. goatherder
9. beers
10. jonw

Is it okay to use wild yeast harvested from my backyard, or is that too experimental? I haven't used it yet, just got it in a longneck starter at the moment.

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle
7. Kabooby
8. goatherder
9. beers
10. jonw
11. Josh

Is it okay to use wild yeast harvested from my backyard, or is that too experimental? I haven't used it yet, just got it in a longneck starter at the moment.

How does the starter taste?

1. raven19
3. barls
4.stuster
5. Manticle
7. Kabooby
8. goatherder
9. beers
10. jonw
11. Josh
12. BrenosBrews - Probably something involving Brettanomyces. Maybe a Black Belgian IPA with some Brett Lambicus.

Latest posts

Back