2011 Funky Beer Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was just chatting to stuster in a pm and idly musing: what do you guys think about a lambic blending swap next year, like we all make lambics and then blend em up into a super-gueuze with 12 different lambics.
dunno how that would work logistically though.

I think it's a great idea, but practically we might need to do one per city so we can gather, taste and blend.

Or we each courier a full 10L (-ish) cube to the destination.

Likely need a 100 - 200 L vessel for blending.

Then back into cube and courier back for each person to store/bottle?

Love the idea chaps.

Like the idea but we would need to be super careful with the blending. We dont want to end up with cubes of vinegar!

Kabooby :)

OK, I've just sorted the bottles and labelled with ready/drink dates etc.

Looks like I have no bottles from Raven but instead 3 from Beers and 3 from Stuster. This is good as from reports Beers' and Stuster's beers are crackers, but I was also really looking forward to Raven's Blended Lambic Schwarzbier.

Unless Raven's bottles were like Beers' unlabelled with black cap?

OK, I've just sorted the bottles and labelled with ready/drink dates etc.

Looks like I have no bottles from Raven but instead 3 from Beers and 3 from Stuster. This is good as from reports Beers' and Stuster's beers are crackers, but I was also really looking forward to Raven's Blended Lambic Schwarzbier.

Unless Raven's bottles were like Beers' unlabelled with black cap?

So this means we need to fire Barls as delivery point?

My bottles are clearly labelled and marked with r19...etc etc... on the lid.

Barls you be in trouble man! :p ;)

Florian - I reckon we need to get some of mine thru to you. I have a few here still. PM coming.

shit, oh well maybe i shouldnt of attempted sorting after that 3rd bottle of imperial pils. :rolleyes:
but seriously there were 2 of every beer put in each case.
let me go and have a look.

Latest posts

Back