2012 Funky Beer Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Quintrex - Flanders Pale Ale - Confirmed - Hand Delivery
2. Manticle (tentative) - beer with funny yeast and possibly some other stuff to make it taste good
3 Nick R - pale buckwheat sour
4. Barls. oude bruin- confirmed- couriered
5. Stuster - definitely something.
6. neonmeate. either a bretty imperial stout or a lambicised-saison or a barley wine finished with brett C
7. Josh - not sure at this stage
8. brendanos - TBA
9. Florian - unsure
10. raven19 - flanders red - bottled, confirmed - will courier
11. Kabooby - ?
12. jonw
13. gulpa (tentative) - Belgian Dark Strong with brett

All in favour? Aiiiight ^_^

Suits me. I was about to pull out (once moved, finding time to bottle will still be an issue) but saw your post. November is doable but I still need to check the beer and make sure it's swap worthy. I'm moving my demijohns tomorrow so might get a chance to check on them today.

Will keep the thread updated.

happy might bring it down with me when i come to the anhc though.

2. Manticle (tentative) - beer with funny yeast and possibly some other stuff to make it taste good
6. neonmeate. imperial stout attacked by cuvee rene gueuze dregs - courier
7. Josh - not sure at this stage
8. brendanos - TBA
9. Florian - unsure
11. Kabooby - ?
12. jonw

I'm out. We just moved house and when I got to the carboy containing my swap beer, found it was 1/3 empty and the mouldy mess underneath was breeding fruit flies. Since moving, the beer has formed a pellicle and there is still a leak somewhere. Gonna have to transfer to another carboy and hopefully some of it survives. But I won't have enough beer / it won't be ready in time.

8. brendanos - TBA
9. Florian - unsure
11. Kabooby - ?
12. jonw

I'm out. We just moved house and when I got to the carboy containing my swap beer, found it was 1/3 empty and the mouldy mess underneath was breeding fruit flies. Since moving, the beer has formed a pellicle and there is still a leak somewhere. Gonna have to transfer to another carboy and hopefully some of it survives. But I won't have enough beer / it won't be ready in time.

Bad luck mate, that sucks...

8. brendanos - TBA
9. Florian - unsure
11. Kabooby - ?
12. jonw

If anyone does still want to bring it down to ANHC, that is completely fine. I'm happy to store it until the other entries arrive.

I'm still in, and going to bottle this weekend.

So is providing 12 x 750ml bottles on the mark?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a courier from Sydney to Melbourne, that's likely to get it there in one piece?

im heading down for anhc, if you can get them to me ill happily drop them down for about small donation towards fuel.
pm me if interested.
same goes for any of the other sydney crew.

For those couriering I used this site http://www.onlinecourierquotes.com/ to get one to courier back from Melbourne to Brisbane a couple of swaps back.

Can't remember who I picked though. I think it was the not quite cheapest one that sounded reasonably reputable :)

Everything arrived just fine.

So is providing 12 x 750ml bottles on the mark?

Preference iirc was towards 24 x 375/330ml bottles mate if possible (not 750's).

Allows for sampling of one now and one later.

Will be bringing mine over with ANHC beers if all goes to plan.

Better late than never... Sorry guys!

Two young Kids and a big wedding I'm supplying with beer have taken its toll:
It looks unlikely that I'll have anything ready for this years swap.
Although i have two yeasts sitting in the fridge that i bought for this Event i just dont Know when i will be able to use them.

hope someone Else fills my place with good beer.

will take my Name off the list when I'm back on a comuter.

8. brendanos - TBA
11. Kabooby - ?
12. jonw

mine's just developed the king of all pellicles after some warm weather. it's beautiful. looks like rice pudding. I don't think i'll touch it to bottle till the last minute before i send it off, so you'll have to leave it a while to carbonate.

barls - very kind offer, thanks mate.

I only have 750s, and considering the time and faffing around involved, I'll bottle as preferred in 375mls (and I like the idea of drink now, drink later).

So, I'll bottle next weekend when I have the bottles ready and send down via courier.

Thanks lads, I'm excited about this one - it's certainly different

I am unsure if there is any movement at the station yet, but can I please express a keen interest in being involved in the next one of these. I have firmly caught the bugs bug.

I'm very close to being out but if I do bow out, I will submit 12 bottles of orval or somesuch as a replacement with no expectation of receiving beers.

I can't commit one way or the other until later in the week and that's cutting it fine. Hopefully will get beer in bottles but not if it's shit.

think i got a milk crate of stubbies as well if you need them nick.
i dont leave till wednesday morning if you want them.

1. Quintrex - Flanders Pale Ale - Confirmed - Hand Delivery[/b]
8. brendanos - TBA
11. Kabooby - ?
12. jonw

Very sorry to be backing out of this so late but I'm out too. Just not enough time to get this done I'm afraid. Sorry people. :(

bugger stu, oh well looks like i have less bottles to take down with me.

A fellow sa brewer (who is driving over for anhc) is taking my 24 stubbies over. Happy to leave a few extra of them with the swap arranger for their troubles / forwarding to some of you funky beer brewers (who pulled out of the swap!).

Or come see me at the sabc table - I may have a few flanders stubbies to sample there.

Hopefully will get a chance to rack mine and sample today so I will update here whether I'm in or not tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Back