Funky Beer Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok

The beers that have arrived thus far are. (no breakages... yay!)

1) Quintrex - berlinner weiss or strong lambic - (will need time in bottle)
2) Brenosbrews - Belgian Farmhouse IPA - Ready
3) barls - Munich barley wine with brett. - Ready
4) Gulpa - Old Ale with Brett - Bottled 21/09/10 - Read
9) Kabooby - Old ale with Brett 10.5% ABV - Ready
6) Manticle - Ready and bottled - 26 orval bottles plus a couple of longnecks for me to try. Someone may get a longneck instead of two orval bottles.
10) brendanos - Berliner Weisse - Ready
13) beers - brown saison with Brett C & the dregs - Ready

Still waiting on....
5) Pmolou- Lambic, 100% Brett L Porter, Funky Belgian Strong 8.5%, or maybe have another go at a 100% Brett C depending on how it turns out
12) neonmeate - brett&pedio rye altbier - Sent

You may notice we've had a couple of drop outs and I haven't been able to get a response from Pmolou so... he may be another dropout.

If you are hoping to collect your beers from the conference please let me know ASAP so I know to take enough beers in for you.

Q

glad they made it ok. let me know when they are good to come back and ill arrange to have them picked up.

I had one of mine last night to see how it was going and it was a bit flat. Looks like the yeast I added at bottling is not having much fun in the 10.5% beer. I'm sure it will get there, it may just take some more time.

Maybe try again in a few weeks

Kabooby :)

9) Kabooby - Old ale with Brett 10.5% ABV - Wait for a while for it to carb
6) Manticle - Ready and bottled - 26 orval bottles plus a couple of longnecks for me to try. Someone may get a longneck instead of two orval bottles.
13) beers - brown saison with Brett C & the dregs - Ready

Most of the bottles I have left here have a pellicle formed in the bottle. I opened a test bottle of mine on Tuesday night. Carbonation was getting there, but think it needs a month or 2 more in the bottle - I wanted a high carbonation on this one.

9) Kabooby - Old ale with Brett 10.5% ABV - Wait for a while for it to carb
13) beers - brown saison with Brett C + dregs - will need a month or 2 in the bottle.

Hey guys,

It was awesome to meet a few of the swappers at ANHC (Stuster, Brendanos, barls and Kook from memory)
Just waiting on Neonmeate's contribution, it still hasn't arrived (sent 26th october) so fingers crossed it arrives ok. Do you have a tracking number NM?

Brendanos' berliner weiss contribution exists in 3 levels of acidity (low,med, strong) so if you have a preference I'll do my best to accomodate you.

Stay Tuned

Q

You met me too. I was the handsome one with the husky voice. I'll take whatever comes (i'm talking about Brendano's beer by the way).

You met me too. I was the handsome one with the husky voice. I'll take whatever comes (i'm talking about Brendano's beer by the way).

Whoops, sorry bud, did you stick around long? didn't see you later in the night? Uni?

i remember having a bit of a chat with you manticle, i think.
it was very good to put names to faces

I got there early and left reasonably early, at least compared to some. Barls : I enjoyed your braggot and had a bit of a chat. Quintrex: I thanked you for the invitation and spoke briefly about ICB.

I had a good run at beers but left before things got too messy (yes Uni) but from what I hear the Morris dancing continued on for some time (till the wee hours). A most enjoyable event. Sorry for OT.

You'd met me before Q, you looked so serious & intense in your official duties :p

Anyway, the older cousin of my Farmhouse IPA didn't fare so well in nationals, mainly because the Brett was too full on. So hopefully this has the same effect LOL

I had a bottle of the Farmhouse IPA last night/this morning & it's pretty good if I do say so myself. Your welcome to keep the extras from pullouts Q but I'll also be more than happy to take them back :ph34r:

I'll take a strongly acidic Brendanos Berliner Weiss. That stuff was awesome!

hmm that is annoying! i sent it over a week ago now... i just sent it regular post so no tracking no, silly me. perhaps some posties are getting drunk and getting indigestion from lots of sour beer. i will check my letter box to see if theyve sent me anything to say it was returned.

I'd be happy with a sour berliner. Had Brendano's Berliner last year and it was really nice.

Fingers crossed NM they all turn up safe!

Kabooby :)

After ANHC and tasting some great sour beers at club night, I'm looking forward to the 2011 swap already, I've got 2 batches of lambic that should be ready this coming year, and I've just stuck down an Oud Bruin, which I'm planning on following up with a flanders red then a lambic (fermented with roselare blend) it should work well

I have been keenly reading this thread and will be keen to put forth my best sour next year also. I presume some tasting notes will make their way onto this thread as the swapped brews are sampled over the coming months?

Ok Good news and Bad news!

Good news: Neonmeate's beers turned up

Bad News: there was some breakages which is the reason for the delay. Should be enough for everybody though.

I'm pretty busy this weekend but I'll box the swap beers up by early next week and give those getting couriers the dimensions and weight of their swap beers (for getting a courier quote). Then contact me giving me details of the day of the pickup and any labels that need to be stuck to the box and I'll sort it.

Those picking up their beers can SMS me to organize a day/time.

Thanks everyone!

Q

"breakages"

How did the "breakages" taste?

I'll come pick up some time next week if that suits. Weekend (this or next) is OK too.

how many breakages are we talking?
if it helps out the wife will be happy to have one less bottle in the house.
give me a yell a couple of days before they are ready to pick up and ill give my mate a yell and get him to get them picked up.
cheers
barls

oh dear.
that would have been a funky smelling soggy box.

hope my artwork isnt ruined...

ive got more if you need em

oh dear.
that would have been a funky smelling soggy box.

hope my artwork isnt ruined...

ive got more if you need em

NM: The posties repacked it into a new box, chopped the address off the old box and stuck it on to the new box. There was a faint smell but no mess??? Awesome labels by the way!! The bar has really gone up a notch this year labelwise.

Everyone: I've just tasted both of my beers and they are slowly getting there carbonation wise, but still not awesome, I've decided to send the berliner as it tastes most 'ready' out of the two, but I'd still recommend giving it some time. Pretty damn tangy, looks like I got the Lactobacillus fired up.

Also, I'm just sorting the beers now and with the last minute dropout there is enough for everyone to randomly get an extra beer.
Pictures_0413.jpg

I'll pack the boxes tonight and let people who are couriering know weights probably tomorrow.

Cheers,
Q

Latest posts

Back