2010 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fatz

We have around 20 Canberra Brewers making our way up. I will give you a buzz when we have finished our brewery tours and start our pub crawl.

How did you get an invite to Lion Nathan ?

You having a seperate crawl to us New South Welshmen ?

:lol: :eek:

Us Canberrans are only leaving Canberra on Saturday morning so plan on hitting up a couple of breweries for tours before starting the crawl. No doubt we will find you guys at some stage but we are starting so much later and wanted to hit up a few of the places you will have already done.

Us Canberrans are only leaving Canberra on Saturday morning so plan on hitting up a couple of breweries for tours before starting the crawl. No doubt we will find you guys at some stage but we are starting so much later and wanted to hit up a few of the places you will have already done.

The canberra boys have two tours including Lord Nelson in the arvo plus staying O/N - I reckon we'll may intersect with them somewhere mid to late afternoon if lucky. We'll be on our first beers before they leave the ACT. They'll be drink long after some of us have hit slumberland.

redbeard .....You having a seperate crawl to us New South Welshmen ?

The Canberra Brewers have a few New South Welshmen as members, thank you very much ! It just that I committed myself to the AHB pub crawl before the CBC picked their day and Dicko et al put together a great tour. ! Either way, both groups will have a mighty time.

Fatz you splitter !! are you sure you dont have one foot in Jervis Bay ie ACT ??? Hope you dont think of changing teams half way thru !

State of Origin Pub Crawl - the state that collects the most (single) glasses wins !! (plastic doesnt count)

I've ordered the plastic glasses in especially for you guys .... :p

Scotty
You doing anything about your half pint glasses Scotty?

Left most of a White Rabbit on the floor last time I was in. The barman said it was far from the first time the bottom had dropped straight off the glass.

Please Scotty can I have a glass glass? I am old and a bit less trouble?

I'm with Barry = responsible drinker me - glass pls

Anyone getting the train in from Campbelltown? Let me know time and carriage and I'll join you fellas at Leumeah.
What time do we start again,
Matti

+1 for Macarthur transport options,
as long as we catch a 9am (or earlier) train, we'd be in-town for an official kick off prior to 11am (not including the 2litre travellers' in the backpack).

BTW any 'expert' decisions on the starting grounds ? who's gonna step up and take command?
:party:

You doing anything about your half pint glasses Scotty?

Left most of a White Rabbit on the floor last time I was in. The barman said it was far from the first time the bottom had dropped straight off the glass.

Yehhh ... the plastic ones. Those half pints are limited edition as you may tell. Good to see you yesterday Jase too!

Haha that was one of the most random things ever. :lol:

Good on m for replacing your beer.

after a small warm up run yesterday im good to go.

In response to an email I sent, here is the response.

Good Afternoon Ian,

Thankyou for your enquiry, we are more than happy to have your group.

I can confirm we will be opening at 8.30am on Saturday the 12th of May 2010.

Please advise how many people we will be expecting and whether all these people are dining so I can place you a reservation

Have a great day and I look forward to your response.

Amarni Huett

Lwenbru Events & Reservations

d: 02 9247 7785

f: 02 9241 1613

e: [email protected]

Do we need to make a long list of all those attending?

Do we need to make a long list of all those attending?

No, but its useful to know who is coming along when so we can
1. Let no one drink alone
2. work out what time most people think they will arrive.
3. Food is available at the Lowenbrau, who is up for german sausage for breakfast?

Assuming (since no one has argued against it yet) that we are doing the Lowenbrau, The Lord Nelson then Harts for lunch, it will allow late comers to meet us at the appropriate destination. After Harts, The Belgian Cafe then ........... wherever.

Or has anyone any better ideas?

The only problem with that is that the 12th is a Wednesday. :rolleyes:
Ah, so they're trying to trick us! Sneaky Hun!
They wanna keep all the Maibock to themselves.

There will be Maibock? Please confirm for me (sorry, ...us).

Ah, so they're trying to trick us! Sneaky Hun!
They wanna keep all the Maibock to themselves.

There will be Maibock? Please confirm for me (sorry, ...us).

NEIN

Our Pure Biers

Hofbru Mnchen

Introducing the original brew of Bavarian Kings Hofbru is a symbol of Munichs famous hospitality and rich traditions dating back many centuries. This pale-coloured lager bier is refreshing, light and bitter flavoured, with an alcohol content of 5.1%. A Munich bier with traditional character!

Paulaner Pils This classic Pils is pale gold and crystal clear, and brewed with 100% natural ingredients pure spring water, Paulaners centuries-old yeast strain, three types of Hallertau hops and malted barley. The taste is full flavoured, crisp and dry, an all-natural flavour with the hallmark traditional hoppy finish.

Stiegel Goldbru Now available fresh on tap! The wonderfully refreshing (4.9% ALC) beer speciality from Stiegl, Austrias largest privately owned brewery, is brewed in strict adherence to the 1516 purity law. Stiegl Goldbru is the Austrian type of beer with the its own distinctive Salzburg lager flavour. Mildly hopped, golden in colour, a great head and with a superb finish. Stiegl-Goldbru is considered to be the worlds finest beer by many beer connoisseurs.

Lwenbru Original The Lwenbru Keller in The Rocks, Sydney, is home to the very first location in Australia that offered Lwenbrau Original on tap. Following the huge success of Lwenbru on tap, Lwenbru Bier is now available at the Bavarian Bier Cafs and in Woolworth's Liquor, BWS, First Estate and Dan Murphy's liquor stores all around Australia for you to enjoy at home.

Hofbru Dunkel Where else but at the Lwenbru Keller, can you experience this distinctive dark lager fresh on tap?
Hofbru Dunkel at 5.5% a.b.v has all the clean freshness you expect of a lager style, married with the intriguing flavours of dark roasted barley. Take the time to savour this unique beer, you'll be glad you did!

Spaten Mnchner Hell Try this crisp'n creamy beer, which is slightly sweeter. Pale gold in colour, translucent with a fluffy, snow white head. The aroma is hoppy, with a distinct herbal character. On the palate, Spaten Lager exhibits up-front sweetness. Light-bodied mid-palate, smooth and creamy with a delicate herbal hop character. The after taste is crisp and refreshing, with a fine bitter finish.

Franziskaner Weissbier (pale wheatbeer) - "Refreshingly different" Franziskaner uses only carefully selected wheat and barley malt most of which is cultivated locally in Munich. The aromatic hops are obtained in the largest hop-growing area in the world, Hallertau. The water comes from the deep artesian wells of Munich. And a pure yeast strain produces the signature tropical fruit character. These ingredients create the refreshingly different Franziskaner Weissbier known and loved throughout the world.
Come and enjoy the unique flavours of Franziskaner Weissbier on tap at the Lwenbru Keller.

Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier Dunkel (Dark) This beer impresses with its refreshing yet aromatic character. 'Franzy' Dunkel is unfiltered and presents naturally cloudy thanks to suspended protein. Copper-coloured with a fluffy, creamy, latte-like head. The aroma displays a slight smoky character, an intriguing blend of mocha - iced coffee balanced with tropical fruit like characters, reminiscent of pineapple & banana. The palate is malty sweet up front with a smooth creamy texture. A Bavarian speciality and a real treat for wheat beer connoisseurs. Enjoy!

Thurn & Taxis Leichte Weisse Appearance: burnt orange colour. Lively, fine carbonation. Fluffy, creamy white head.
Aroma: Subtle tropical fruits, phenolics, smoked ham.
Palate: Light and zesty. Delicate tropical fruits, banana & melon & citrus. Slight clove-like spice. No obvious bitterness and fabulously thirst quenching.
IBUs = 9.9
Carbs = 1.5gr / 100mL
A light and satisfying low carb alternative Weissbier.

Thurn & Taxis Frsten Gold Lager

Appearance: pale gold colour. CLight carbonation. Creamy white head.
Aroma: Grainy malt character with almonds and citrus.
Palate: Malty and nutty. Firm middle palate, good length with a dry finish.
IBUs = 26.5
Carbs = 1.7gr / 100mL
A palate stimulating low carb alternative lager.

Barely enough weisse to satisfy any Weizguy I reckon!

Latest posts

Back