2006 Nsw Xmas Case (december)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Duff - RyeIPA
2. Stuster - American Rye- ready to drink - WLP320
3. goatherder - APA, Wyeast 1056, Bottled 11/11. Drink sooner rather than later.
4. Trent - Nut Brown Ale - Ready to Drink. Wyeast 1028.
5. DJR - Klsch - ready to drink. WLP029/US56 mix.
6. Pint of Lager - Dunkel - ready to drink, give it some quiet time - yeast WL800
7. Doc - Saison - WLP565
8. Homebrewworld.com - APA....Bottled 1/12/06, allow for carbonation time then drink it !
9. Chilled
10. Keith - Raspberry Wheat Beer (Kit and Kilo, Wyeast 3068 + US56, Drink Now)
11. n00ch - Hefeweizen - Ready to drink after 15/12/2006 - Wyeast 3942.
12. mikem108-Wood aged Smokey Choc Porter- Nottingham Ale for primary- and muntons gold for bottling- let it age for a while
13. Beer Slayer
14. Linz - Belgian Wit bier (like No16)-T-58-Just finished bottling it, so after 14/12/06 get into it !!
15. Shonky
16. Stephen - Hoegarden White - Will be ready to drink by the time of the swap. Yeast is cultured from Hoegarden Grand Cru. I've used this before and seems to work very well,
17. Hopsta - Brown Porter - Nottingham yeast - Best give it till after 08/12/06 to ensure enough carbonation.
18. Weizguy - Kmas Kase Weizen (Seth Weizen #2)
19. Thommo - Bitter, bottled 30/11/2006. Leave it two weeks. - US56
20. Barramundi
21. -
22. Berto
23. Nifty - some sort of Old Peculier
24. -
25. T.D. - Hunter Valley Pale Ale - ready to drink now - US56
26. Josh - Sparkling Ale
27. Philmac - American Brown - leave until at least 21/12 - Wyeast 1056
28. Crozdog - PhilsAle

Pressure filling at 32 degC even when the bottles have been in the freezer since Monday is an art.
Regardless my entry is bottled and will be dropped off to Duff's tomorrow.
Hope you all enjoy it, as I was drinking the overflow @ 32degC @ 6.8% after a 70 hour week :p
Yep I'm pretty trashed :p

Beers,
Doc

1. Duff - RyeIPA
3. goatherder - APA, Wyeast 1056, Bottled 11/11. Drink sooner rather than later.
6. Pint of Lager - Dunkel - ready to drink, give it some quiet time - yeast WL800
7. Doc - Saison - WLP565
8. Homebrewworld.com - APA....Bottled 1/12/06, allow for carbonation time then drink it !
9. Chilled
12. mikem108-Wood aged Smokey Choc Porter- Nottingham Ale for primary- and muntons gold for bottling- let it age for a while
13. Beer Slayer
14. Linz - Belgian Wit bier (like No16)-T-58-Just finished bottling it, so after 14/12/06 get into it !!
15. Shonky
16. Stephen - Hoegarden White - Will be ready to drink by the time of the swap. Yeast is cultured from Hoegarden Grand Cru. I've used this before and seems to work very well,
17. Hopsta - Brown Porter - Nottingham yeast - Best give it till after 08/12/06 to ensure enough carbonation.
18. Weizguy - Kmas Kase Weizen (Seth Weizen #2) - contains 3rd gen Weizen yeast (W3068). Warner (Classic Beer Series - German Wheat beer) suggests that you serve it at 8-10C. Thought that I might bottle without removing the weizen yeast, this time. Next time, I'll prob bottle with W34/70, after a few weeks of cc'ing. More? Go to my Spruik your Beer thread.
20. Barramundi
21. -
22. Berto
24. -
26. Josh - Sparkling Ale
28. Crozdog - PhilsAle.

Ho Ho Ho,

Summer is approaching (though you wouldn't think it in NSW at present :huh: ), that means time for some nice cold suds brewed by our fellow NSW brewers whilst watching the Aussie flogs the Poms in the Ashes.

New transport arrangements have been arranged with our Newcastle boys, so it's time.

Please add your name if you are interested in participating in an end of year case. It is open to the first 28 brewers. You will be responsible for providing 28 bottles of your finest in 2 milk crates to the designated drop off, by the designated date. If we have more than 28 and someone withdraws, then the next person in line will fill the spot.

Lets get it on :beerbang:

1. Duff
From post #1 on this thread. Gotta agree, Mr Duffman. Will save some Weizen for the Ashes win.
It's not about the beer, it's about the cricket!

Hopin' for some more Summer weather to carbonate the beer. Then lager for 2 weeks in the fridge before guzzling at 8-10 C. Probably good for Christmas day, if not before. You see, I have some weizen in PET bottle, so I can squeeze and then test for max carbonation/ flavour sample. I like 'em young, these weizens.

Really looking forward to POL's Dunkel, and all the others, too. Will be taking one to work, from time to time, to show to potential beer judges (ha ha ha). :party:

Seth :p

1. Duff - RyeIPA
7. Doc - Saison - WLP565
9. Chilled
13. Beer Slayer
15. Shonky
18. Weizguy - Kmas Kase Weizen (Seth Weizen #2) - contains 3rd gen Weizen yeast (W3068). Warner (Classic Beer Series - German Wheat beer) suggests that you serve it at 8-10C. Thought that I might bottle without removing the weizen yeast, this time. Next time, I'll prob bottle with W34/70, after a few weeks of cc'ing. More? Go to my Spruik your Beer thread.
20. Barramundi
21. -
22. Berto - English Special Bitter, Bottled 29/11, WLP 002
24. -
26. Josh - Sparkling Ale
28. Crozdog - PhilsAle.

Duff, On my way to your house in a minute. Won't be knocking incase it's too early, so just holler if you see me there, otherwise beer will be beside the front door. Then it's off to homebake in the rain. WOOHOO, wet T-shirts.

Mmm Berto, you and I must have had the same maths teacher. I don't usually bottle and was sure I could
count to 28 but .... I'm three short. I even bottled 7 or 8 stubbies so it wasn't as if I didn't have enough -
I've included a few 'commercials' for the guys doing the sorting to do what they want with. With the drop
outs, shouldn't be a problem?

This exercise has been more stressful than I imagined. The plan was to keg and taking advice from a couple
of threads on 'Bottling From Kegs', use the Pluto to slowly fill the frozen bottles with cold beer. I was
expecting a little foaming. I had deliberately overcarbonated the beer a bit, dropped the pressure to very low
and had a go. Half a bottle was the best I could do.

Plan B was a similar brew that was put down on the planned bottling day. There was still time to ferment out
and bottle but it would be close. A couple of mates had been saving some bottles for me and after a closer
look they were 800ml! I never buy long necks and had no idea that 800ml was a new standard for some
megabreweries. Without reading back through the whole Case thread I got it into my head that bottles had to
be 750ml.

Next ring the HBS and order several dozen new bottles @ $1.45 per bottle. They arrived the next day and I
was relieved - until I measured the capacity - 730ml!

Eventually I did what I should have done and reread the whole thread again and realised that 800ml was fine.
Anyway, the beer should be at Duff's front door today. It was bottled on 26/11 so a few weeks should allow
enough carbonation.

If anyone wants some new 730ml bottles give me a yell :p .

There's a slab of 'special stuff' as well that I have asked Duff to share amongst the people who have made
the swap possible.

1. Duff - RyeIPA
2. Stuster - American Rye- ready to drink
3. goatherder - APA
5. DJR - Klsch - ready to drink.
6. Pint of Lager
7. Doc - Saison
8. Homebrewworld.com - APA
9. Chilled
10. Keith - Raspberry Wheat Beer (K&K&Fruit)
11. n00ch
12. mikem108-Wood aged Smokey Choc Vanilla Porter
13. Beer Slayer - APA Bottled 1/12/06 ready to drink 23/12/06
15. Shonky
17. Hopsta - Brown Porter - Best give it till after 08/12/06 to ensure enough carbonation.
19. Thommo - Bitter
20. Barramundi
21. Barry - Munich Dunkel
22. Berto
24. Gerard_M - Something Dark
26. Josh - Sparkling Ale
27. Philmac - American Brown - leave until at least 21/12
28. Crozdog - PhilsAle
Cheers,
Phil

Linz droped by this morning to P/U the cases. Thanks Linz
Can't wait for the return cases. Will post a note for the southern guys when I get the cases to arrange P/U.

:beer:
BS

1. Duff - RyeIPA
2. Stuster - American Rye- ready to drink
3. goatherder - APA
5. DJR - Klsch - ready to drink.
6. Pint of Lager
7. Doc - Saison
8. Homebrewworld.com - APA
9. Chilled
10. Keith - Raspberry Wheat Beer (K&K&Fruit)
11. n00ch
12. mikem108-Wood aged Smokey Choc Vanilla Porter
13. Beer Slayer - APA Bottled 1/12/06 ready to drink 23/12/06
15. Shonky
17. Hopsta - Brown Porter - Best give it till after 08/12/06 to ensure enough carbonation.
19. Thommo - Bitter
20. Barramundi
21. Barry - Munich Dunkel
22. Berto
23. Nifty - some sort of Old Peculier - Bottled 13/11/06. Can be drunk now, but as it is supposed to be a low end strong ale, it might get better with age. This is the first time I've brewed this baby, so I'm not sure how it will go. - WLP005 used
24. Gerard_M - Something Dark
26. Josh - Sparkling Ale
27. Philmac - American Brown - leave until at least 21/12
28. Crozdog - PhilsAle

Unfortunately I only have a couple of stubs of the xmas case beer for testing and no other stock of hb at the moment, so , due to the drop outs, I will gladly give any extra bottles to the people who have donated their generous time and effort to make this swap happen

cheers

nifty

Well cases were sorted today and all the Newcastle return cases are at MHB's waiting to be picked up.

Thanks Duff for putting up the place and organising the smooth sorting today.

Cheers

Woohoo, finally back online.

Sort went well and before the big dump of rain. Cases are ready to pick up here.

Thanks to all.

EDIT: Forgot to add I'll be at home all day tomorrow if you wish to come and collect.

I'll be around mid-morning Duff.

Cheers,
Doc

Picked up my case from Duff this morning. Looking forward to some quality brews.
Mine is ready to drink straight away guys. Best fresh.

Beers,
Doc

Thanks Duff and Nooch and all others involved.

I will crack open my first taster tonight.

Cheers,

Keith

havent got mine yet but im getting anxious .. cant wait !!!

Beerslayer has them...to collect...PM him to arrange pick up..

Thanks for the 'Extras', much appreciated

great stuff Linz .. thanks to you and everyone else who played a huge part in making this happen

Hello all, finally able to login to the site again! I apologise for not including any extra beers for the organisers with my case. I don't have any spares of the actual case beer and other beers I have had not been tried yet and I always like to taste a few first before giving them out. So anyway, I'll try and organise with Gerard some way of getting a few bottles to the organisers in the near future. Quite funny actually, before going with the Hunter Valley Pale Ale I brewed an APA for the case, which I didn't end up submitting. Well, I must say I am really enjoying it at the moment and am kicking myself for not using it as the case beer! Anyway, I'll make sure I get a few bottles of it to the organisers!

Thanks Linz for dropping the cases of sorry I missed you. Thanks again to all for another smoothe transitation.
I have all the cases at my place ready to be picked up for the southern guys just P/M to arrange P/U or let me know if you get stuck I may be able to drop them off.

Cheers

BS

Ho Ho Ho,

It's about time for someone to create the NSW Xmas 2006 Consumption thread. Oops, missed it, as it's already there.

Please note that the Seth Kmas Kase Weizen (#18 on your programme) has not been tested since bottling and is prob OK for consumption in a week. Will test one tonight and report (if my ISP has their act together - hence, no AHB this weekend just gone).

Seth out :p

Oh shiiiiiiiiit
Now...... one more sleep before i pick um my case from Beerslayer !
Woo HOOOOOOOOOOo!
This is better than chrissy day !
:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back