2006 Nsw Xmas Case (december)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not going to be able to get my brew into a bottle & in respectable condition in time. I am regrettfully pulling the pin on this one. I will still be able to cart around a few crates though.
Cheers
Gerard

Well, my brew is on its last couple of bubles from the fermenter as i speak, but it will be bottled and delivered to Beerslayer on Sat.
Cold conditioned not..........

Can these guys get their cases to Beerslayers by Friday evening??

...as I have been informed the swap will be this Sat Lunch time, and I will collecting them EARLY Saturday morning.

Homebrewworld.com
mikem108
Barry
Barramundi

Thanks

Folks,

I am close to setting a time with Pint of Lager to arrange collection of her contribution on Saturday. It may see me however getting back to my place by 11.00am. Linz and n00ch, if you aim to be there between 11.00 - 12pm it would work out well.

To those who haven't yet dropped off at my place, be there no later than 12pm Saturday with your contribution. Drop off by Friday are still fine, if I'm not home leave them by the front door. If you drop off Saturday, then you can take home your crates straight away and start enjoying them that night.

Brett.

I've teed up a thurs nite or fri arvo delivery to beerslayers

I bottled last saturday after extensive secondary and cCing, added fresh yeast so let no.12 go for a while, min 4 weeks.

If all goes well, bottling the weizen tonight.

Cleaned bottles laaaate last night, and drip dry upside down in a storage box, on a clean towel.

Should still taste OK. If it's wrong (for whatever reason) at bottling, I'll have to send 500ml bottles of well-lagered rauchbier (coz that's the only other beer I have, in suitable quantity).

Think positive..., it'll be fine! :D

Seth :p

Good Day
Sorry but I have to drop out. My batch has turned into bottle bombs. I found two had exploded so I twisted the top off another one and it spewed a torrent of foam. Too dangerous to move. :angry:
Don't know why. Made two identical batches, same time for brewing, bottling same OG and FG etc. Been drinking the other batch, slightly high carbonation but very OK. The exploding one tastes clean so not wild yeast. Seems the yeast just decided take off again even after 45 days in the fermenters.
Gee Murphy keeps making this hobby interesting.
I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Gee, they're dropping like flies. Sorry to hear you can't join the fun, Barry and Gerard. :(

Hope this isn't going to disrupt the sorting too much, Duff. I guess we'll get more of our own back. :unsure:

Bad news guys, bad news.

Good news is i (might) get more of my own Kolsch back - that is good since it is a good batch and i really wanted some more of it than the 1.5 stubbies i got after bottling was finished ;)

Sorry to here your pulling out Barry. Your contibutions are one to look foward too.
Looks like I should have all the rest in time for Linz to P/U on Sat. morn

:beer:

BS

mine is bottled , labelled, tasted and ready for delivery to beer slayers tomorrow arvo/evening ..

although i think another couple of weeks bottle conditioning wouldnt hurt it , the smaple i just had was quite nice ...

Just opened another taster bottle then... some (slightly) bad news.

If my beer's not at very cold temps it will foam a bit, it might be about 20-30% overcarbonated (damn calculator). Wasn't too bad and it wasn't that cold, so it should be OK, might have just got a bad bottle. Just a note of caution.

Not quite ready for drinking yet either, still just a bit sweet. Leave it till the end of next week and drink it cold.

It is nice though despite the foaming :)

Should I get a plastic tray for the back of the truck????

Update from the Teninch Brewery:

The weizen is bottled with about 2 litres of speise (from the original wort) and 50g dextrose to make up to 3.0 Vol CO2. Did not reserve enough speise for a 32 litre batch.

The beer tastes quite malty and wheaty yet dry, with banana, cloves and mild tartness.
I'm thinking that this should be OK when gassed, which will contribute to the drinkability and give some more dryness and carbonic bite. There is some solventy flavours, from runaway ferment temp last week when we hit the 4 days of hot weather, but that appears to be tempered due to the 7 days of lagering at close to freezing. Some may not have noticed it, but for this note.

Fingers crossed, it all gets to you OK.

I have some extra bottles from the 32 litre batch, coz I didn't want to brew a ball-tearer and then give it all away. I'm fairly happy with this, and will continue to refine and remake the beer. I must admit that this is only my second weizen since I moved to grain brewing, but we now know that my third attempt at the Berliner weisse came out well, and I brewed that 6 months ago.

Just knocking off a bottle of Trent's Dunkelweizen, # 89.
Look for number 18 on all my lids. Labels? Maybe not this time.

Seth out :p

I've been pulling consistent 15+ hour days for the last 3 weeks, but have my bottles all sterlised, and I'm really hoping to get an early mark to bottle tonight.
Absolute worst case up early on Sat to bottle and get them to Duff mid morning Saturday.
Still don't have milk crates, so will be some dodgy boxes, but there will be beer.

Beers,
Doc

OK guys, i came up 2 bottles short, but judging by the number of drop outs, i dont think that should matter. On my way to Duffs now for the drop off.

Actually Duff, I'll be there either tomorrow or Sat morning, No Damn permanent marker so I can't do the lids. not to worry

2 bottles short !!.. shoot the production planner .... LOL ....
all good berto ,

i dropped my batch off at beer slayers this arvo ..

The planning was fine. I haven't moved my fermenting fridge yet, so with the fermenter sitting in open view, it had an overly large amount of gravity readings/samples taken.

Latest posts

Back